What a shame....

Started by JBraun, January 29, 2009, 02:47:52 PM

Graham

I will also point out 1 meaningless point about the overall plate, you will buy your tires this season and i wont.no pun intended.sorry for the thread jack, i guess that statement rubbed me the wrong way.

skipper08

Quote from: benprobst on January 30, 2009, 08:28:38 PM
Funny how you went from telling one of the most experienced guys in the paddock to learn how to read to this.

The fact is youre wrong, im sure there is another series here in the states and maybe one or two in europe, but for the most part the only place where the top 10 rule is in effect is CCS overall standings(in the states).

i did not say it being an ASS or something but he was arguing certain things that i had in that post, maybe he read half way and posted. im not trying to battle with no one here.
maybe you are right that there is an organization in europe that does it like CCS but i have not heard from it in any other forum that im active on.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

tstruyk

Quote from: backMARKr on January 31, 2009, 09:50:09 AM

Why does everything have to be an argument with you? :biggrin:

are you a dick to everyone?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

skipper08

Quote from: Graham on February 01, 2009, 03:18:55 AM
then as far as ASRA, they are the only one, all the other club racing LIKE I SAID ( CCS which is the one i stated ) does not do it like that and i think the number plate holds no meaning, bc is an overall on who runs more races.

Interesting,I thought the hole point was to win the overall plate,The Championship.I dont think its as simple as just running a bunch of races.I found it to be a real challenge.Try racing 8 to 10 races on sunday and push 100% and see where you r at the end of the year.There will always be 4 or 5 riders going for the overall plate.Running 3 races in a row in the middle of summer in florida is difficult.Then add in the performance index to make it even harder.All CCS would have to do is have selective races that went towards the over all plate.But there will always be sombody stepping up to the plate to win it,so you have to race with them if you want to win it to,so.....the most points win.I agree its bs that someone can run a bunch of races and win it( it still takes a very good rider to win it)but those r the rules,and why theres a performance index attached only to the over all points and not class points.Just like the class championship you can be the fastest but if you dont finish your races you wont win,being consitant  wins champioships at all levels of racing.I think if you tried to win the overall plate and won it you would think differently,like i said its not easy even for the fastest guy.I guess i just needed to say somthing about the overall plate not having any meaning,dont knock it if you havent tried it!!!!!!!!!!!!!And it gives none talented riders like myself somthing to win.

graham, congrats in your win and by no mean my comments were to put down any rider that goes for the #1 plate. i agree with you that is has to be hard to do 8-10 races a race weekend, but thats not what the argument was about. the argument is that not everyone has the same opportunity like the guys doing 600 classes, that was it.
im happy that you are not paying for tires, maybe ill get to that point one day, but until that day i will bust my ass going faster and faster.

see you at homestead in 6 day, ill be running white plates finally ;-)
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Graham

ITs cool, i only posted cause it just sounded that way.Florida region is very tough lots of fast guys and you have to race all on sunday.And the other regions you race sat & sun.But the  EX 1000 class this year i would think will be a little easier to run up front cause there will be about 5 or 6 guys that where really fast will be gone so good luck to you, and give them hell!!!!

Rick Johnson 29

All races on Sunday in the Fla. heat would be tough on anyone.
I grew up there and spent many days doing motorcross in S.Fla
it isn't easy.Takes some tough physical training to be able to do
either in the humid heat.Good luck this year!
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

d-wire

Quote from: Graham on February 01, 2009, 03:18:55 AM

Interesting,I thought the hole point was to win the overall plate,The Championship.I dont think its as simple as just running a bunch of races.I found it to be a real challenge.Try racing 8 to 10 races on sunday and push 100% and see where you r at the end of the year.There will always be 4 or 5 riders going for the overall plate.Running 3 races in a row in the middle of summer in florida is difficult.Then add in the performance index to make it even harder.All CCS would have to do is have selective races that went towards the over all plate.

...for some it is the "hole point".   Some care more about race wins, some just want to be the fastest guy on a given sunday, some want the fastest lap, some want to be the most handsome like me.

I think you would agree that even in the competitive region of FL there are only 4 or 5 guys that have a shot at the overal #1.  Gus has a point about having to be on a 600 to win it.  You know I've been on both side of this debate.  I've won the #1 plate although it wasn't my goal.....and I've ridden the 1000 with only 4 classes you can run. Id like to see CCS count the top 4 or 5 results of a given racer towards the overal. 

SO, if you got 3 1st places.....2 seconds and a fifth and 2 7th place finishes.  Your bottom finishes would get thrown out and you'd get credit for the 3 first places and a second towards the overal. That would give a 1000 rider a chance at the overal #1 plate. The 600 guys would still have an advantage being able to throw out there bad races towards the overal, but a dominant 1000 rider could potentially win it.
Instead of 4 or 5 guys in the hunt, you'd have 12-15 in the hunt and that would make it mean more to me. Just my .$02 (but that doesn't sell race entries, does it?)

By the way Graham, nothin nastier than runnin races 15,16,17, and 19 at the end of a hot summer day in FL at JGP.....whewy. hahahaha

I have respect for the 1000 guys cause they are hard to ride fast and the fast 600 guys....cause runnin that many races is tough. Both are neat, just different
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Johnny B

Quote from: Garywc on January 29, 2009, 04:53:01 PM
but then why would hacking have the #2 plate when did he earn that?
Actually the irony in this was that some time back, the Kinkos Kawasaki team seemed to have permanent possession of the #2 in Super Sport. Several riders, including Thomas Stevens, wore the #2 plate when they rode for Kinkos. I believe Jamie was the last one who rode for them, and when he moved on after the disbanding of the team, he took the number with him. When the AMA standardized the numbers to be the same in all four classes, Jamie got #2 in Superbike.
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com