News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2009 Schedule

Started by Gixxerblade, November 22, 2008, 02:46:06 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: CCS on November 23, 2008, 12:25:03 PM
The number one request we got from Mid-Atlantic riders was to drop Daytona from that championship, so we are trying it for this season. If that disappoints you, you all need to write in ASAP before the schedule gets set.
Speading of Daytona in Spring, it's listed as only being two days:  February 28, March 1.  Is that correct?
Super Dave

CCS

No, Daytona is Feb 26-27-28 & Mar 1...sorry for the confusion.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Super Dave

Quote from: CCS on November 23, 2008, 03:05:04 PM
No, Daytona is Feb 26-27-28 & Mar 1...sorry for the confusion.
Thanks, Kevin.  I thought you should have said, "That's why the schedule is tentative..."   LOL!
Super Dave

eh427

I liked having Daytona as part of the mid atlantic schedule. It was a race to go to in the middle of winter after waiting 4 long months without doing any racing. I can still go down and race, but don't know if I will because the points don't count for my region. I think the turnout might be a bit less also because alot of other racers in the mid atlantic region might feel the same way. What are anybody elses thoughts?
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

Gixxerblade

I think Daytona is real expensive and I can do two to three races for the price of one Daytona. Those are my thoughts.

LongDogRacing

Quote from: eh427 on November 23, 2008, 04:47:23 PM
I think the turnout might be a bit less also because alot of other racers in the mid atlantic region might feel the same way. What are anybody elses thoughts?

i never quite understood that.  i would think that Florida would always have a wealth of riders/racers who would fill up a venue like Daytona.  i had to go to Daytona this past season (for the MA region) and hated every minute of it.  it took it's toll on me mentally (because of all the stresses associated with it) as well as the hit on my wallet.
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Cowboy 6

Quote from: CCS on November 23, 2008, 12:25:03 PM

The number one request we got from Mid-Atlantic riders was to drop Daytona from that championship, so we are trying it for this season. If that disappoints you, you all need to write in ASAP before the schedule gets set.

Excellent decision.

Quote from: eh427 on November 23, 2008, 04:47:23 PM
I liked having Daytona as part of the mid atlantic schedule. It was a race to go to in the middle of winter after waiting 4 long months without doing any racing. I can still go down and race, but don't know if I will because the points don't count for my region. I think the turnout might be a bit less also because alot of other racers in the mid atlantic region might feel the same way. What are anybody elses thoughts?
No one is stopping you from going to Daytona to race. It is just too costly and not relevant to a Mid-Atlantic series. I have to agree with others here stating that we can run almost three weekends for the same money. Not to mention the saved vacation days just to drive 19 hours each way...
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

bel-biv

No Daytona for Mid-Atlantic = Great call.
I was planning on skipping that round and am happy to know that I won't take a big hit in points for doing so.
There is nothing about Florida that has any relevance to the "Mid-Atlantic"
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

Chris G.

Could someone please email or post the MA schedule- I can not for the life of me get it to open- Adobe updates, or not.

Thank you

cgorel@gmail.com
Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!

Cowboy 6

18-19 APR               Carolina MP             Twin Sprints
23-25 MAY               Summit Point
20-21 JUN                VIR
4-5 JUL                    Summit Point          Twin Sprints
24-26 JUL                Lightning/NJMP        Twin Sprints
15-16 AUG               Barber                    Twin Sprints
28-30 AUG               Summit Point
19-20 SEP                VIR                         Double Points
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Chris G.

Props Cowboy- and also to Mrs. Elliot who emailed- thank you!

:thumb:
Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!

R1Racer99

I know the Trackaddix series schedule is always late but does anyone have an idea when that will come out?