2009 Schedule

Started by Gixxerblade, November 22, 2008, 02:46:06 PM

Burt Munro

Keep checking the website for MAM and Hastings and see if they have any updates.  Dates for any other combined races are already set.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Tornado Bait

Looks like TrackAddix GP region is officially out for 2009.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

wolf44

just got the email...too bad...I always loved running at deans events
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Tornado Bait on December 03, 2008, 11:12:23 AM

Not a big shock....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

gpz11

So do have any idea when the schedule is going to be final?

I also noticed that the online schedule shows the Carolina MP TC as being double points but the actual mailer doesn't have it as double points. Which one is correct?

CCS

Official Schedule should be up by next Wednesday. There may be some small changes, hoping to get it solid by then.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

kl3640

Quote from: LongDogRacing on November 23, 2008, 05:17:57 PM
i never quite understood that.  i would think that Florida would always have a wealth of riders/racers who would fill up a venue like Daytona.  i had to go to Daytona this past season (for the MA region) and hated every minute of it.  it took it's toll on me mentally (because of all the stresses associated with it) as well as the hit on my wallet.

There are a lot of riders in Florida, but we have always been just a subset of the riders who show up at Daytona for the kickoff or for the RoC.  If it was Florida only, it wouldn't be nearly as large as with the other regions having incentive to go.  Also, I surmise that Daytona is a very expensive venue (for the promoters, not only the riders), so I doubt that the usual FL event turnout would be sufficient to make the event worthwhile for the sanctioning body...but I'm just speculating on that, I of course don't know any actual figures.  Still, there's probably a reason that it's not on the CCS FL calendar separate from the nationally organized bi-annual events.

Super Dave

Quote from: kl3640 on December 03, 2008, 12:59:45 PM
Also, I surmise that Daytona is a very expensive venue (for the promoters, not only the riders)...
Very expensive is an understatement for CCS.  Incredible to massive might be better terms.
Super Dave

vnvbandit

I don't know if the attendance from Florida and the South East Regions are enough to support this event.
Could this be the beginning of the end for CCS at Daytona?? 
I hope NOT!!
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Super Dave

Well, the AMA structure is more around something more reasonable.  AMA riders from all over use the CCS event to set up.  It was in my career yet in racing at Daytona that we'd have practice and races with Mike Hale, Eddie Lawson, Ru$$ell, etc.  It's an expensive but unique venture in motorcycle racing.  Some will hate it, but it is what it is.  I have a lot of very cool memories from the place. 
Super Dave

Cowboy 6

You will
Quote from: vnvbandit on December 03, 2008, 02:29:54 PM
I don't know if the attendance from Florida and the South East Regions are enough to support this event.
Could this be the beginning of the end for CCS at Daytona?? 
I hope NOT!!

You can still go to the ROC in October!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

R6Chick

Quote from: Tornado Bait on December 03, 2008, 11:12:23 AM

I think its a really sad loss for us. I really enjoyed the race weekends with Dean & Kim's crew.
So there's plenty of races picked up at Heartland Park but with TrackAddix out is anyone picking up races at Hastings or MAM????