News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2009 Schedule

Started by Gixxerblade, November 22, 2008, 02:46:06 PM

xb9racer

the  more I look at the MW season, the more it blows.

ton

Quote from: xb9racer on December 03, 2008, 09:48:46 PM
the  more I look at the MW season, the more it blows.

how so?  i'm new in the region.  how is it better or worse from last year?
AM #303

xb9racer

seems to me to be spaced out rather strange. R.A in May? I'll pass. I know CCS can only do so much. Just seems goofy to me.

backMARKr

Quote from: xb9racer on December 04, 2008, 09:03:02 PM
R.A in May? I'll pass. I know CCS can only do so much. Just seems goofy to me.

beats the hell out of Road A in April :thumb:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

kl3640

Quote from: xb9racer on December 04, 2008, 09:03:02 PM
seems to me to be spaced out rather strange. R.A in May? I'll pass. I know CCS can only do so much. Just seems goofy to me.

I'm not from that part of the country and I've only been to Road America once, over 4th of July this past year, but wouldn't the weather be questionable a full two months earlier?  Over the 4th of July the nights got chilly pretty quickly once the Sun started to set, and the days were pretty long at that point.  The mornings didn't warm up immediately either.  At Topeka this past year, which was around the same time, the weather was downright miserable - 50's and rain; and I would think that the climate in KS is much more temperate than in WI, especially that area in particular, which is a little bit further North in the state and where there is a little bit of elevation and a lake nearby.

Again, I'm not from that area, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me to be a little risky, weather-wise.

backMARKr

Truly not trying to stir the pot here...BUT

show me any region that doesn't have the possibility of weather that can thoroughly screw up a race weekend at some point in the season.

(1) Hurricane's in the SE and Mid Atlantic
(2) Tornadoes in the Great Plains
(3) YES --- cold and snow and ice in the upper Midwest and NE and NW in late spring
(4) Extreme heat out in the Southwest

I am sure there are other examples....but if what the weather MIGHT DO becomes our barometer (no pun intended ::)) as to whether the schedule sucks or not.....well...might be time for all of us  to buy a Playstation and throw in the towel.
WERA #13

HAWK

RA was raced many years in April so it can and will work. My concern is back to back weekends between HPT and RA. With the number of MW riders that were unwilling to drive to Michigan how does CCS expect to get a decent turnout at either of these events. After traveling to Heartland Park who has the time or money to get to RA in 4 days (assuming you don't want to run practice) not to mention that both are twin sprints.

Too much for me in a week and a half.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Burt Munro

Quote from: backMARKr on December 04, 2008, 09:43:25 PM

....but if what the weather MIGHT DO becomes our barometer (no pun intended ::)) as to whether the schedule sucks or not.....well...might be time for all of us  to buy a Playstation and throw in the towel.

Uh Mark......  isn't that almost exactly what you just did?   :kicknuts:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

backMARKr

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 04, 2008, 09:54:01 PM
Uh Mark......  isn't that almost exactly what you just did?   :kicknuts:

I bought the Playstation to get through winter :biggrin:... not throwin in the towel :thumb:

I would go racing in March at RA or Blackhawk or Gateway or HPT or where ever if I could or die trying to get there....

I just am just glad to get to go racing at all...not gonna spend my time moaning :blahblah: about stuff that is out of my control.

I have to agree with the guy who posted the  "Christmas Special" thread, with everything that is bad in the world right now and so many truly suffering, if we are talking about going racing and planning schedule to actually go....oughta just be happy there is ANY schedule to do ....period.

let the discussion continue....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  :thumb:
WERA #13

Burt Munro

In case anyone hadn't noticed (thanks for pointing it out Mark!) it appears this schedule is aways away from being set in stone.

Revision date 12/2/08 had at least one significant  change in the Midwest.

Gateway June date is now the 6th and 7th (same weekend as AMA at Road America) and is now listed as part of the Midwest schedule.

So for me personally, I'll have Topeka and Road America back to back weekends in April/May, 2 weekends off and then 3 weekends back to back to back - Topeka May 23/24, Blackhawk May 30/31 and Gateway Jun 6/7. 

Not complaining mind you......  but maybe it's time to get rid of the Boxer Cup Replika and get something more touring friendly!

r1owner

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 04, 2008, 10:17:27 PM

Not complaining mind you......  but maybe it's time to get rid of the Boxer Cup Replika and get something more touring friendly!

Wanna buy my R6... it's got a few scratches, but that's ,only from falling over in the garage...

Burt Munro

Quote from: r1owner on December 04, 2008, 10:22:38 PM
Wanna buy my R6... it's got a few scratches, but that's ,only from falling over in the garage...
Not exactly the direction I was thinking...... but thanks for the offer Scott!!