Main Menu

2009 Schedule

Started by Gixxerblade, November 22, 2008, 02:46:06 PM

Tornado Bait

Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

tstruyk

that heart of america region... or whatever it was called is now called the GP region... which is basically the MCRA and HRRS combined... plus RA...  :thumb:

:err:

I think...

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

Gateway has been moved to June 6-7?

In 2002, CCS scheduled Gateway the same weekend as the AMA Road America event, and it was a very poor turn out for Gateway. 
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: tstruyk on December 10, 2008, 04:39:25 PM
that heart of america region... or whatever it was called is now called the GP region... which is basically the MCRA and HRRS combined... plus RA...  :thumb:

:err:

I think...
Looks like they have made GP yet another region that includes Road America. 
Super Dave

gonecrazy

the first schedule was only a quick draft, now as trackaddix left and more contract from the tracks are getting signed everything is becoming more permanant.

cbusa

Is Roebling once again not going to be on the CCS Schedule this year? Last year it didn't make it due to scheduling conflicts, but I thought it would make it back this year. That's too bad there are some people like that place.

Is there any point of even keeping the SE region?

Thanks
Charlie

CCS

We gave Roebling 5 different dates that would work, and none of them were available or anything close. We will try again in 2010.

The Gateway event is hosted by MCRA and that was the one June weekend they could get.

As far as MAM, it is too late for us to change plans we already have in place, but we will look to schedule them in 2010 with Heartland, Gateway Road America and a possible event at Mid-Ohio with the AMA RRGC for the Great Plains Series.

Right now, like everyone else, we're just trying to make it through 2009.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Y'all.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

MELK-MAN

i too was bummed that Robeling Road was not on the SE schedule, but maybe next year!! Good to hear ya made an effort. Some things just don't work out.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

danman67

Quote from: SV88 on December 09, 2008, 09:49:40 AM
The farthest north CMRA goes is Hallett.  All of the other races are in the Dallas area.  Unfortunately, MSR Houston has been dropped for cost reasons and the surface is bad - another Autobahn story... 

Really??? More CMRA whining about a track! NPR in Louisiana wasn't good enough for them and now MSR Houston!!! I figured they would wind up being a bunch of chumps yet again when I saw that it was not on the schedule.

Well...I guess if I am going to go racing, unless CCS South does something, I will be making a few road trips to the Eastside.

SV88

I think that the MSR Houston thing is partially justified however the fact that most Tx racers are from FW/Dallas area doesn't help.  Have not heard good things about NoProblem raceway - isn't it a drag strip back & forth with some turns @ one end?

The CMRA seems to have great competition - I'm not crazy about their schedule for sprint racing - not a lot of practice.  Heavy emphasis on big bike and mini endurance - Big bike endurance is a blast but come on, minis on tracks like TWS? - give me a break-would you ride a Ninja 250 @ Daytona or RA?

Yeah, the demise of CCS South is disapointing but not unexpected...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

danman67

Quote from: SV88 on December 23, 2008, 12:12:29 AM
I think that the MSR Houston thing is partially justified however the fact that most Tx racers are from FW/Dallas area doesn't help.  Have not heard good things about NoProblem raceway - isn't it a drag strip back & forth with some turns @ one end?

The CMRA seems to have great competition - I'm not crazy about their schedule for sprint racing - not a lot of practice.  Heavy emphasis on big bike and mini endurance - Big bike endurance is a blast but come on, minis on tracks like TWS? - give me a break-would you ride a Ninja 250 @ Daytona or RA?

Yeah, the demise of CCS South is disapointing but not unexpected...

Back in the RPM/WERA days I really liked NPR, true that the main straight was the run off for the drag strip and the concrete retaining walls ran the length of it there was not as much of an issue that the whiners at CMRA made them out to be. The back section of the track was a blast, although it is a flat track the turns were technical and a lot of fun.

Mongo

My problem with NPR was the left hander that came back towards the front straight up by the tower, just not enough runoff there and if you did crash you could land on the straight.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com