News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2009 Schedule

Started by Gixxerblade, November 22, 2008, 02:46:06 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: PJ on November 22, 2008, 11:09:56 PM
Hmm. Anyonne else think it's ironic that the new Mid-America region doesn't run at Mid-America??

And with this schedule, it's hard to imagine the Great Plains region is going to continue. Anyone know anything about Dean's plans?
Well, yeah, I kind of thought the same thing. 

Seems very illogical to drive out of region for two MW combined events at HPT at a 600 mile drive vs the 300 mile drive to Gateway.  I think BeaveRun is closer to Chicago than HPT.  I might understand the ASRA event, but after that...
Super Dave

xb9racer

Is it just getting that much more difficult to secure  the tracks for events? Or is it lack of effort?
Costs getting out of control? I know a lot, including myself, were looking for different tracks to be included in the MW region because Blackhawk was getting to be a little redundant, but something a little more IN the MW was what I had hoped for.
I know the schedule isn't "set in stone", but they say that every year and I've not seen it changed much after the initial posting. I guess if it stays this way, I will be running a very limited schedule this year. Maybe that's a good thing, as my Son wants to head up to the U.P a lot over the summer for some fly fishing for trout. I can deal with that I guess.

Super Dave

Well, a bit of both.  Some tracks fall into disrepair or are just not attractive to some riders, regions. 

Rental costs change.  Insurance has probably gone through the roof because of the huge down turn in the markets.  It happened after all the stuff that started in May of 2001 and continued then through 9/11.

MW looks to only have eight event weekends, but eleven "rounds" of sprints.  Might help on the insurance side, and the big rentals for HPT, RA.

Still just don't get why Gateway isn't on the MW schedule.  I'll probably go though.  The MCRA folks are good people.  Always have been.
Super Dave

Tornado Bait

Quote from: gearhead on November 22, 2008, 10:50:09 PM
Won't adding three more regions, HRRS, MCRA and Mid-America, thin fields even more?
I sure hope the Great Plains schedule shows up soon!
Looks like Mid America encompasses the HRRS and MCRA schedules completely.  Perhaps that will help with grid sizes as I'd expect a good amount of crossover in the region.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

gonecrazy

Yea dave I was under the impression that the gateway weekends was going to be double points with the midwest region. Atleast that what was discuse at the last board meeting.

Super Dave

Quote from: gonecrazy on November 23, 2008, 11:58:15 AM
Yea dave I was under the impression that the gateway weekends was going to be double points with the midwest region. Atleast that what was discuse at the last board meeting.
Well, I'd say the MCRA got screwed.
Super Dave

CCS

Gateway's dates are not firm so they weren't included in the tentative schedule for Mid-West. There is still a chance one could be added after we see the Track Addix schedule. (Dean is working on the Great Plains Schedule, I do not know when it will be out.)

We have been trying to set the schedule since July, so it is not for lack of trying. Riders did not support Autobahn, Gingerman or Grattan when we tried to go there so why beat the proverbial dead horse. (The rental was more than Blackhawk with 50% to 60% of the turnout, a big loser anyway you look at it.)

Road America has the SCCA Runoffs this year, so we lost our July date. (They wanted us to run Mothers Day, but after the losses at BHF on that date, i respectfully declined. They then offered the date we got for 2009 only, at least that is what Gail told me.)

Summit Poiint took the May 2-3 date back to reserect the Jefferson 500 and did not have a date to replace it for us, that is why there is a Twin Sprint at Summit, to keep four races in the Summit Point Track Championship Series.

NJMP is on the Lightning Course, they had no dates that would work for us on Thunderbolt, and it is a Twin Sprint because the track rent is actually higher than Road America. All we're trying to do there is just break even at least, and by our projections, that is just what we'll do there. (Obviously the economy doesn't scare off too many racers or track day groups since they don't havemany weekends left.)

The number one request we got from Mid-Atlantic riders was to drop Daytona from that championship, so we are trying it for this season. If that disappoints you, you all need to write in ASAP before the schedule gets set.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

race712

couple mid-atlantic inquiries -

Summit Point is listed as either "Summit Point Circuit" and "Summit Point" depending on the date.  Which makes me wonder - are all SP events on the main track or are we returning to the Shenandoah Circuit?

Is the NJMP event on the Thunderbolt or Lightning track?  And does it really include Friday?  

and just my opinion on all the twin sprint events - "two thumbs down"   Kind of forcing me to take a long look at what I'm willing to chase after in 2009.

Super Dave

Quote from: CCS on November 23, 2008, 12:25:03 PM
We have been trying to set the schedule since July, so it is not for lack of trying. Riders did not support Autobahn, Gingerman or Grattan when we tried to go there so why beat the proverbial dead horse. (The rental was more than Blackhawk with 50% to 60% of the turnout, a big loser anyway you look at it.)

Road America has the SCCA Runoffs this year, so we lost our July date. (They wanted us to run Mothers Day, but after the losses at BHF on that date, i respectfully declined. They then offered the date we got for 2009 only. (Or so i was told.)
Thanks, Kevin.  I understand about Gingerman, Grattan, and Autobahn. 

As for Road America...puts it into context.  HPT's decision to not host the run offs is our loss at Road America...LOL! 
Super Dave

gonecrazy

Kevin, the date we had is june 6-7 and aug 15-16 at gateway so I think there might be a type-o there.

CCS

See
Quote from: gonecrazy on November 23, 2008, 01:01:59 PM
Kevin, the date we had is June 6-7 and Aug 15-16 at gateway so I think there might be a type-o there.

See, that is why dates are tentative....LOL Please get some one to send me the real dates so i can correct them.

Quote from: race712 on November 23, 2008, 12:31:29 PM
couple mid-atlantic inquiries -

Summit Point is listed as either "Summit Point Circuit" and "Summit Point" depending on the date.  Which makes me wonder - are all SP events on the main track or are we returning to the Shenandoah Circuit?

Is the NJMP event on the Thunderbolt or Lightning track?  And does it really include Friday?  

Summit Point means Summit Point Main Circuit. We will not be returning to the Shenandoah Circuit, both the track and CCS lost enough money there trying to run races so we agreed to let that track be used for training and track days.

NJMP's Friday is practice, it is the Lightning Course...Thunderbolt was booked on the dates that would work for us.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

gonecrazy

They are Kevin, it was already brought up on our board. I am excited about the mid america series although I will have to still try and make road america