Stop your bitchin'

Started by xb9racer, July 19, 2008, 04:23:05 PM

Garywc

i would like to see the bikes with the same horsepower, weight,  tires and fuel then we will see who is the better rider.

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

JBraun

Quote from: xb9racer on July 22, 2008, 02:38:07 PM
the 1125R and the 1098R aren't even close.

No, they're not. Who's fault is that?
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

xb9racer

You're the bitching that they are in different classes. The point is there is a reason, not because one says Buell and one doesn't.  That's a rather large HP difference. Buell never made the 1125 to compete with the 1098. What exactly is your point?

MotoGuy

Oh good grief. It's a horsepower restricted class. What difference does it make that the 848 is legal and the 1098 is not?? What matters is that there are Ducatis, Buells, Triumphs, and other interesting bikes out there competing. Many of us simply don't care to see Japan, Inc. race each other on virtually identical bikes that look the same, sound the same and essentially are the same. Zzzzzzz.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing and hearing the other bikes out there.

ktd

its not about the bike man lol lol lol

i think they call it a superbike

cardzilla

Don't worry guys, they'll "NASCAR" it up by somehow penalizing any bike that shows it can be dominant.  The engineer in me says that's crap, but it will make for closer racing.  The problem I see from a mfr's standpoint is that racing is a showcase and if your bike is dominant you want to show that so you can also dominate the sales market... if they strap lead to your bike to slow it down then what's in it for you? I know this isn't part of the rules yet, but you can bet something like it will be.

Also, those arguing about HP limits are forgetting one thing : it's not the PEAK power, but the area under the HP curve that really matters.  If you limit top end to something below a bikes usual HP output, and said bike is generally tuned for that HP number then you gain a huge advantage by being able to retune for area under the curve vs. the guy whose bike came stock with that same HP limit.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

JBraun

Quote from: xb9racer on July 22, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
You're the bitching that they are in different classes. The point is there is a reason, not because one says Buell and one doesn't.  That's a rather large HP difference. Buell never made the 1125 to compete with the 1098. What exactly is your point?
If a bike isn't competitive in the class that it fits into based on it's displacement and engine configuration, it's not the sanctioning bodies responsibility to re-classify it so it can be competitive.

When Ilmor's MotoGP bike was too slow to compete, they didn't let them race it against 250s. Classes are based on displacement for a reason, It's objective.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Quote from: StumpysWife on July 21, 2008, 10:29:30 AM
Then I realized Supersport kicked the bucket.  I, for one, shall continue to bitch. 
Supersport used to be about production bikes.  As it grew, it became more about production parts too that weren't available to everyone. 

While I like Supersport, I think AMA Daytona Superbike allows for the production based racing to continue, eliminates some issues, but it also allows for some individual innovations in machine selection, etc.

It will be fine. 
Super Dave

Ducati23

JB your arguement isn't objective when you base it on displacement when DMG's stated goal is provide a competition balance that makes for close racing. Somehow Buell can run a 1125 LC V-twin but Ducati can't is another issue altogether. As for 848 not being competitive with 600's remove the factory backed Honda's and Larry Pegram would be leading FX on what amounts to a private effort. Who knows how this will all play out in AMA/DMG racing. I still find it ironic (moronic?) that people on this forum consider DMG - NASCAR when they are really the guys behind GrandAm. I agree with the squirrel jerky eater, it will be fine. Right tOm
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

ktd

Were all morns the mans says.

"Jim France, Vice Chairman/Executive Vice President of NASCAR"
Quote from: Ducati23 on July 24, 2008, 02:29:33 PM
JB your arguement isn't objective when you base it on displacement when DMG's stated goal is provide a competition balance that makes for close racing. Somehow Buell can run a 1125 LC V-twin but Ducati can't is another issue altogether. As for 848 not being competitive with 600's remove the factory backed Honda's and Larry Pegram would be leading FX on what amounts to a private effort. Who knows how this will all play out in AMA/DMG racing. I still find it ironic (moronic?) that people on this forum consider DMG - NASCAR when they are really the guys behind GrandAm. I agree with the squirrel jerky eater, it will be fine. Right tOm

Yes we are moronic

khanson

Guys it's not that big of a deal.  It's basically Supersport rules with spec fuel, spec tire and 1 to 3 hp.

Basically, a Supersport Suzuki will be able to make 120 hp at the rear wheel.  Our bikes weigh 362 without any fuel in them. 

Therefore, we will have to detune our bikes even with a spec fuel to be under the hp limit.

As for the  Buell or BMW's, you have to remember a lot has to do with how easy those bikes are to get around a corner, accelerate, etc.  I think you will still see the same japanese bikes up front with the same riders.

I think the racing will be really good though in Daytona Superbike with a freight train of people vying for a win.
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

PJ721

Quote from: ktd on July 25, 2008, 10:32:07 AM
Were all morns the mans says.

Yes we are moronic

um...Roger Edmondson seems to be more in charge than Jim...all of the press releases, rules, ect....are coming from Roger....

and if you recall he was  the founder of the CCS, currently the President of the Grand American Series, and head of Moto-ST....

Sure NASCAR and the France family have input...but this is more Roger's baby.
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....