Stop your bitchin'

Started by xb9racer, July 19, 2008, 04:23:05 PM

ktd

.lol if anything good comes of this I hope the give the axe to Freddie Spencer.

Jason748

Anyone had a peak at the drafted rules yet?

Daytona Superbike departs from the traditional displacement and weight regulations and introduces power-to-weight and dynamometer controls to limit horsepower. This class is expected to be contested mostly by 600cc four-cylinder motorcycles, however the rules will provide for close competition with 675cc triples and up to 1200cc twins.

If they let the Buell in what about the KTM & more importantly the 1098/S/R, granted a bit detuned maybe... but still, or are they going to outlaw the real 1200cc twins and bump them up to American & Factory superbike?
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: cardzilla on July 21, 2008, 04:45:56 AM
I hate NASCAR with a passion I can't describe and I'll STILL take DW over any current commentator doing AMA right now :)

DW is a nice guy. I prefer nascar from back in his era. When teh race cars looked ALOT like the street cars and not a 4dr converted to a 2dr.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

ktd

Quote from: Jason748 on July 21, 2008, 11:30:20 PM
Anyone had a peak at the drafted rules yet?

If they let the Buell in what about the KTM & more importantly the 1098/S/R, granted a bit detuned maybe... but still, or are they going to outlaw the real 1200cc twins and bump them up to American & Factory superbike?
Ducati can run the 848.  Go figure.

Garywc

well so far with the same bikes running none have won a race it has been the 600 winning them all
the 848 and the bmw make a good showing in the race. and do buells even finish races?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

ktd

Quote from: Garywc on July 22, 2008, 08:17:40 AM
well so far with the same bikes running none have won a race it has been the 600 winning them all
the 848 and the bmw make a good showing in the race. and do buells even finish races?

Yea but these are not formula X rules.  That is what everyone its thinking but it isn't so.  They are more SS. And I understand a 1200CC Pushrod engine racing a 600 but not a 1200cc DOHC.  Just seems strange.  Maybe the HP limits will solve it don't know

MotoGuy

Quote from: Garywc on July 22, 2008, 08:17:40 AMand do buells even finish races?

Given the sucess of Buells in MOTO-ST endurance racing, I would say yes...

With the HP and rules restrictions, this could be close multi-brand racing. That would be cool.

I'm still gonna miss 600 SuperSport though.

ktd

I guess we just have to wait and see how it goes.

Jason748

Yea, I seam to remember seeing a purposed list that it was actually pushrod & air cooled Twins up to 1200cc with the watercooled twins up to 1200cc where they belong...  I guess we'll have to wait and see the rules when the publish them.

I'm optimistic that it'll be close racing and hopefully with more than just usual suspects at the front.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

JBraun

The rules are published.
Apparently a liquid cooled 1125cc DOHC twin is comparable to a 600 i-four as long as it says buell on the side.
On paper the Buell's engine is comparable to a Ducati 1098, but it gets to race against 600s while the Ducati has to race 1000s..... :err:
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

xb9racer

the 1125R and the 1098R aren't even close.

xb9racer

Buell is 146hp
1098S is 160hp
1098R is 180hp