NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

Ashton

Quote from: red900 on August 22, 2007, 07:31:09 AM
You obviously have never ridden both groups and compared. 

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that the advanced group at a place where you have to prove yourself, vs. the advanced group with someone whom allows anyone off the street to decide what level they track ride at, is much much different.  The vast majority of street squids I talk to at bike nights all think they are a very good street rider so they would be advanced riders at a track day.  NOT

When I ride at in an advanced group at a track day I want to trust that the others around me have proven themselves to other advanced riders to be safe and trustoworthy.  There may be a time when I am following closely through a corner, looking through another riders windscreen and hoping to god he maintains his line and does not do anything stupid....   

Go ahead, try that with any other group, you will find yourself wishing there was some sort of qualifications.

thanks for proving my point exactly :)

Mongo

Racers race.  If all you do is track days then you have absolutely nothing on which to base how "fast" you are.

If you want to prove it - race.  If you do not want to race, then don't try to tell people how fast you are.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

surftheasphalt

Quote from: Mongo on August 22, 2007, 11:54:28 AM
Racers race.  If all you do is track days then you have absolutely nothing on which to base how "fast" you are.

If you want to prove it - race.  If you do not want to race, then don't try to tell people how fast you are.
+1 Mongo
MW#80

red900

That is funny, I found more af a challenge to go "fast" before I came to racing...  Now that I race, all I have to do is get in front.  Neither tell me how fast I am. 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

red900

Quote from: Ashton on August 22, 2007, 11:19:24 AM
thanks for proving my point exactly :)

Oh you are very welcome, considering you made no point.  I will do it for you any day of the week cuz we cool like that.

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

G 97

Yep, we all know how a 1:12 is way faster during a CCS race at Blackhawk apposed to a 1:11 at a track day.     :thumb:
G

backMARKr

I just want to say how much I appreciate all the effort everyone has put in this summer to remind me how my high school students behave towards each other....  :banghead:

BUT...now that school has officially started....NO NEED TO CONTINUE!
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Burt Munro

Can I get a bathroom pass?

(aren't you suppose to be TEACHING????) :spank:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

red900

Who is trying to prove how fast they are?
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

surftheasphalt

MW#80

backMARKr

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 23, 2007, 01:12:43 PM
Can I get a bathroom pass?

(aren't you suppose to be TEACHING????) :spank:

Too hot too teach ...they aren't listening anyway...
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

cehoward600rr

I am in the "I" group with Nesba, and lately I have been racing with CCS & WERA. I will say this, the heart pump, rush, orgasm, pride, all that chit comes to the top when I race. However, I still do trackdays, and right now the trackdays to me are just ways to improve my chit for racing.

If and when by any chance of fate,  I get good, I might just cut trackdays out all together 8)..Maybe one or two a year to hang with some buddies. I come away from races beaming like I just climbed Mt. Everest!!! :thumb:

With Nesba it is harder to get bumped then other orgs. And to get bumped to "A" in Nesba it requires the recommendation of two CRs. I might not never get to A. In races, I  don't need to be in "A" to let it all hang out. Racing is just "doing it"..

To be truthful, I love all this chit. I started this trackday and now racing, way, way late.. Even though I might be the slowest of the slow in the races, I still will get my old azz out there and RACE. 

With me, it is all about FUN, and I tell ya this, having fun in the late years is a super treat. :thumb: