NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

Speedballer347

Quote from: red900 on July 20, 2007, 07:35:27 PM... Curt earned it...

Yeah, you are right, Curt DID earn it.  Curt has all of my respect.

I have less track-miles than probably anyone on this board. 
Am I fast?  No. 
Am I complaining about 'fast' guys?  No.
Do I think it is amazing that a trackday whore wins amatuer stuff?  No
Am I impressed with amatuer championships?  Not really. 
Am I impressed with amateur wins?  Sometimes very much, depends on the rider.

Mike Chacherra said it best when he picked up his awards for 30 someodd amatuer championships in 2002...Championshiops are bought, Races are won.
Just this guys opinion.  Sorry if I offend anyone.

I raced at the last GIR, just out of curiosity (no disrespect), I am curious of your bike and lap-times.  I am not going to mess with you, I am honestly just curious.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

red900

Quote from: Speedballer347 on July 20, 2007, 07:51:20 PM
Yeah, you are right, Curt DID earn it.  Curt has all of my respect.

You have just proven your ignorance.  Curt had more race experience than anyone i listed...  He is an ex-dirt champion..  All the others i listed had ZERO race experience.

yours truly,

The track day whore....
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

red900

Quote from: Speedballer347 on July 20, 2007, 07:51:20 PM

I raced at the last GIR, just out of curiosity (no disrespect), I am curious of your bike and lap-times.  I am not going to mess with you, I am honestly just curious.

Seriously, if you want them, go get em....  Track addix has them up somewhere.  From what I can tell, you will make some BS excuses once you look em up anyways...

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Speedballer347

Quote from: red900 on July 20, 2007, 07:56:21 PM
yours truly,

The track day whore....

Dude, why are you taking this stuff personally?
None of my comments are directed at you, I don't even know you.

Ease up brother, this is just a discussion...personal opinions...no one is personally attacking anyone.  It's just generalizations.
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Speedballer347

Quote from: red900 on July 20, 2007, 07:59:39 PM

Seriously, if you want them, go get em....  Track addix has them up somewhere.  From what I can tell, you will make some BS excuses once you look em up anyways...

Name/number?
I'm not going to personally say anything about your times.  I am just curious, that's all.

red900

Quote from: Speedballer347 on July 20, 2007, 08:01:10 PM
Dude, why are you taking this stuff personally?
None of my comments are directed at you, I don't even know you.

Ease up brother, this is just a discussion...personal opinions...no one is personally attacking anyone.  It's just generalizations.

Are you saying your "track day whore" comment was not meant as and insult or derogatory?  Was it a compliment?
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Speedballer347

Quote from: red900 on July 20, 2007, 08:12:32 PM
Are you saying your "track day whore" comment was not meant as and insult or derogatory?  Was it a compliment?

Wasn't directed at you personally....was a generalization, what my opinion is on the discussion at hand.
Like I said, I don't have any idea who you are, what your finishes are, etc. 
Every post I have made (and I think most everyone on here) is just opinions/feelings in regard to this issue.
There are a lot of differing opinions about this, I am just expressing mine.  This is all subjective stuff....no one is 'right' or 'wrong' .... just different.

Like I said, nothing I wrote was directed towards you personally...  that's the honest truth

red900

Quote from: Speedballer347 on July 20, 2007, 08:16:04 PM
Wasn't directed at you personally....was a generalization, what my opinion is on the discussion at hand.

Like I said, nothing I wrote was directed towards you personally...  that's the honest truth

Ok, got it.  Not directed at me...   Answer the question.  Was it meant as derogatory or as a compliment?
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

EM JAY

Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Speedballer347

Quote from: EM JAY on July 20, 2007, 08:25:46 PM

Yeah, you are right.  It's getting out of hand, and I am not helping matters  :kicknuts:
Thanks for the dose of reality :biggrin:

900, yes it was deragatory.

I am bowing out.  If I personally offended anyone, I am sorry.

xb9racer

Seeing that I don't want to read this whole damn post, does NESBA have list of "their" Track Day guys that placed poorly? I know some personally. I also know one that blew his transmission and couldn't race.
How about other TD riders from other organizations? How did they do?
All boils down to...WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!!
Continue with your regularly scheduled BS. :kicknuts:

dylanfan53

I can't believe anyone could read the whole thing.  My guess is that this one's dead anyway.

In the words of Monty Python, "It used to be funny, now it's just silly"
Don Cook
CCS #53