NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

grasshopper

Quote from: G 97 on July 17, 2007, 10:50:41 PM
What argument are you reffering to?  Who said anything about STT.   STT has nothing to do with this.  Funny how you seem compelled to think that it involves anything to do with STT, but since you took the time to bring it up where did all of the STT track coaches and members who raced place anyway? 
Inferiority complex? 

Yeah I thought so.

Your reply proves you missed my point 100%. I actually complimented the riders you posted and acknowledge the fact that they truly are exceptional riders/racers. No doubt man.  Replying with such an aggressive reaction implies you are only trying to stir something up.

I referenced STT because they have supported me through my racing effort and my bulk of track day experience is with them and that is how I was able to relate to some of the talk in this thread.

I can tell you how some STT saff placed and how my weekend went since you asked. But only because you asked.  :rollseyes:

Paul Ducato, K3 and Monte Nichols placed 3rd in the team challenge and they are STT instructors. Rob Simmons (Am #377) had a handful of podium finishes in the amateur field and he has coached with us. I don't think too many other STT staffers were there because most race WERA. I think STT did Ok don't you think?

In my first expert race weekend we placed 7th in class out of 13 and 14th over all out of 32 in the GTO Team Challenge with Dave Vaughn on his GSXR750 (Chi Town Hustlers Baby). Montez Stewart bailed out on us without any notice. Then I found out my SV was over heating and I blew both head gaskets so I rebuilt my entire top end  :wah: in the pits next to my 1983 ugly van while drinking cold Fat Tire beers with my friends. Brian Conley from Valley racing, Brian Kwak, Paul, Guy and many others helped me. Thanks fellows!  :cheers: I missed GTL. I then raced LWSB, battled it out with a guy from Florida on a Ducati 1000 for 4th, we must have drafted each other 4 times and passed each other hard another 4 times into different corners. It was fun as hell and I ended up finishing 5th out of 13. Maybe some day I can hang with Ed Key. We all have dreams rite? I then raced Thunderbike and got my ass out horse powered by Buells and finished 12th out of 18. But if you look at the finishes that isn't that bad compared to the guys I would like to hang with in the midwest. I worked my ass off that weekend to even be out there.

This thread isn't about STT though... So who gives a flying ratts ass?  :ass:

Back to the jokes. Keep them coming guys, good ones.  :lmao: This whole thread is a joke.

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Headdog122 on July 17, 2007, 09:32:28 AM
Does anyone want me to forward my results...??   :jerkoff:

I had a NESBA membership back in the day!!  You know, when trackdays were $125-135 and a membership fee was not required.  BTW...  What is the standard rate of inflation annually..?? 

I like the "Non-profit"..!!  Are those aluminum "Feather Lite" trailers you guys fill the paddock with..??   :boink:
Actually JRay NESBA does fall under the section 501(c)(7) rules of engagement as a social club,

1. It charges a membership fee.
2. It is organized for fun.
3. It does not discriminate against members.
4. All members share the same interest and have "social gatherings" (trackdays) towards there purpose of fun.
5. It doesn't make a profit of greater than 15% They probably dump it right back into the org.

I don't imagine that NESBA makes more than a million dollars a year and probably dumps most of that back into renting the tracks. NESBA charges a membership because according to the law of the US(IRS) have to.

P.S. I am not a member of NESBA either.
Edit: They are not 501(c)(7) like I thought. You guys really should be, at least you could justify your membership to others.
Also they(NESBA) did not really make much money according to their 2005 return:
http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2005/232/845/2005-232845798-029f0d75-9.pdf
If you can't open it just go to guidstar.org and open an account, it's free.

surftheasphalt

Hey G -97 You are on the wrong website,go to nesba .com.
By your karma You not very popular here :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
MW#80

red900

Quote from: surftheasphalt on July 19, 2007, 10:07:28 PM

Your karma is fantastic....

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

G 97

Quote from: surftheasphalt on July 19, 2007, 10:07:28 PM

I am fortunate.   :biggrin:   

G

G 97

G

K3 Chris Onwiler

It's not surprising when trackday riders and coaches do well at a race.  Trackdays provide much more track time per dollar than racing does, and practice helps.
For example, a trackday rider can expect to run 7 twenty-minute sessions at Road America in a day.  Depending on lap times, that's 7-8 laps per session, or approximately 50 laps per day.
Now, no offense meant, but it could take an amateur club racer on a budget 3 seasons and 2 grand to run 50 laps at Road America with CCS.
Oh, and for the record, our team DID NOT get third in GTU in the team challenge.  We WOULD HAVE gotten third, but we missed our window of protest.  CCS managed to score us for 33 laps, even though we had 36 transponder hits.  Considering the way every other thing was handled that weekend, it's not surprising that scoring was screwed up too....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

red900

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on July 20, 2007, 05:09:50 AM
It's not surprising when trackday riders and coaches do well at a race.  Trackdays provide much more track time per dollar than racing does, and practice helps.
For example, a trackday rider can expect to run 7 twenty-minute sessions at Road America in a day.  Depending on lap times, that's 7-8 laps per session, or approximately 50 laps per day.
Now, no offense meant, but it could take an amateur club racer on a budget 3 seasons and 2 grand to run 50 laps at Road America with CCS.
Oh, and for the record, our team DID NOT get third in GTU in the team challenge.  We WOULD HAVE gotten third, but we missed our window of protest.  CCS managed to score us for 33 laps, even though we had 36 transponder hits.  Considering the way every other thing was handled that weekend, it's not surprising that scoring was screwed up too....

So then what you are saying is that one can accelerate their ability to go fast by using trackdays before going to the racetrack?
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

dylanfan53

Not speaking for K3, but I believe the answer is yes.

And God knows I'm unbiased and not affiliated with anything or I'd be racing more this seaason.   ::)
Don Cook
CCS #53

tstruyk

real world?

sure... there is potential for someone to go faster if they do track days for years and then go racing.  I dont think anyone doubts that.  The point that K3 is making (I think) is that its no big suprise when someone comes to the table with the equivalant of laps it would take a dedicated racer a decade to accumulate.  Noone is on here stroking ed key for his weekend (ok a few more decades in that example).  The finishers still have to do the job and earn the finish... but to single their accomplishments out because of the TD provider they ride with or for, well... yeah... anyway.

Practice can help find speed.  Of course there are those that are just fast outta the gates, and those that will never be fast regardless of how many track days they do.

I really dont have the answer to this question but how many track days did Curt Henderson do before racing?  I dont seem to remember hearing of or seeing him around (not that I'm a reg TD guy by ANY means).

Personally I found more enjoyment testing my abilities with peers of equal experience (real AM's with minimal laps), then sandbaggin at TD's for 2-4 years to make sure I can finish in the top 3.  I dunno, just seemed more... pure.  Maybe thats my underlying issue.  Everyone has their own motivation.

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Speedballer347

My post is not nesba or Garth related

Quote from: tstruyk on July 20, 2007, 10:56:52 AM
Personally I found more enjoyment testing my abilities with peers of equal experience (real AM's with minimal laps), then sandbaggin at TD's for 2-4 years to make sure I can finish in the top 3.  I dunno, just seemed more... pure.

A big +1.  I don't have much (if any) respect for a trackday guy waiting for his laptimes to reach a competitive level before sacking-up in amatuer....at that point, even the best amatuer finishes are not going to be impressive to me. 
Like K3 said, these multi season trackday guys put in hella more laps than a racer, so they should be faster than the normal amatuer.

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing