NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

PJ721

seems to me NESBA should be concerned that their track day riders have gone over to the dark side and have become racers...cuz that's what they are once they have that license in hand....racers that do track days. Before you know it...they'll do less track days and more races   :ahhh: THE HORROR OF IT ALL!!!!   :err:
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Headdog122

NESBA is "Not for Profit" right..??

I am not trying to kick any crap here, but I am curious how much of my $185-195 per trackday is donated to RW Action Fund or Red Flag Fund.

I can honestly say, if $25-$45 or more is donated from the aforementioned "Not for Profit" organization, I'll see you at your next event.  And I could convince some of my buddies to go, otherwise show me where the $$ goes.  I don't want to hear about track rental fees, insurance, yada, yada...  I'm talking a predetermined "Profit Margin" that must be put back into the organization.

Sorry...  My curiousity is arroused..!!   :rollseyes:

The prices just seem to keep going up... 
"Ride it like you stole it, or put it back in the shed!!"

tstruyk

QuoteI know of two riders who did this.

which 2?  what races?  I'd really like to congratulate them.  Thats impressive to say the least.  Are they planning on moving up to expert this year?  Or chasing AM championships?

QuoteYour original comments seemed condensending to me, and here as well, as whitnessed by using the term "sack up"

it doesnt take a lil sack to race???  I was under the impression that a contingent of track day riders hesitate to race for one of 2 reasons.

1.  funds
2.  they consider themselves "not ready"

I could be wrong, just going by converstions I've heard/read.

My original comments where only interpreted that way because I ignored your chest thumping.  Yes its cool so many riders in your organization are doing well.  good for them.  but not unheard of.  

QuoteThey are not my results.   And from prior post from some "racers"  that trackday riders don't have it them, blah, blah, blah.  Don't have the skill of racers...blah blah blah   and can't handle the close passing in racing blah blah blah - I find THIS astonishing.

I dont think people take issue with the dozen racers or CR's or whatever you choose to call them today that CAN negotiate a track in a reasonable manner, safely... its the ones that cant that concerns them.  Its dizzying logic I know.

QuoteOh please, Cry me a river dude.  No one has given me anything .  Please let me know what I have gotten for free.  You are preaching to the choir

I never said you recieved anything for free... I simply said I fund my own racing.  You tried to make it personal.  I responed with a personal reason for me not being there to race.  As for results, well it would have been nice to find out, but I didnt have the opportunity.  

But since you so adamently deny recieving anything, are you saying that nesba doesnt purchase items for its directors?  trailers?  tires? parts? vehicles?  Nothing????
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

G 97

Quote from: tstruyk on July 17, 2007, 12:35:51 PM

which 2?  what races?  I'd really like to congratulate them.  Thats impressive to say the least.  Are they planning on moving up to expert this year?  Or chasing AM championships?

it doesnt take a lil sack to race???  I was under the impression that a contingent of track day riders hesitate to race for one of 2 reasons.

1.  funds
2.  they consider themselves "not ready"

I could be wrong, just going by converstions I've heard/read.

My original comments where only interpreted that way because I ignored your chest thumping.  Yes its cool so many riders in your organization are doing well.  good for them.  but not unheard of.  

I dont think people take issue with the dozen racers or CR's or whatever you choose to call them today that CAN negotiate a track in a reasonable manner, safely... its the ones that cant that concerns them.  Its dizzying logic I know.

I never said you recieved anything for free... I simply said I fund my own racing.  You tried to make it personal.  I responed with a personal reason for me not being there to race.  As for results, well it would have been nice to find out, but I didnt have the opportunity.  

But since you so adamently deny recieving anything, are you saying that nesba doesnt purchase items for its directors?  trailers?  tires? parts? vehicles?  Nothing????

You are the expert. 

Dude, it's clear to me that you have prior issues with myself and or NESBA.  I have no idea who you are and I have no recollection of ever meeting you.  If there is some perceived injustice that you now find it necessary to repeatedly pile on with subjects pertaining with NESBA please let me know so I can at least try and make an attempt to resolve it.   Otherwise you are simply wasting my time.  Please don't give me that crap about making it personal.  You crossed that line along time ago.

Once again, I have never had anything just given to me.  I FUND MY OWN RACING.  I also race.  :thumb:
G

RCR_531

I will give you that Dustin and Ron ran some great races.  It was even great to be able to talk with them and not have to worry about them being big headed. I hope Ron keeps coming and makes Dustin work alittle for the wins. Ron's write up was great too no ego trip just an awesome write up.

It was also nice of Melisa (sorry for the spelling)to setup and help out Trackday Mag with their rider problem.

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

Jeff

Quote from: Headdog122 on July 17, 2007, 12:14:43 PM
NESBA is "Not for Profit" right..??

I am not trying to kick any crap here, but I am curious how much of my $185-195 per trackday is donated to RW Action Fund or Red Flag Fund.

Any non-profit charity (501 (c)(3)) has to disclose their records to the public.  Check with the IRS and/or Nesba's annual report to see where their money goes.

It does not necessarily have to go to any other non-profit organization, let alone the 2 you mention.  Afterall, at the Red Flag Fund, we don't provide NESBA any money, nor can we assist (at this time) any of their members if they go down on a track day.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

racrx451

I know Dustin Boyd almost won the overall in either unl. ss or sbk.  he was turning 2:25-26's as a first year racer.  he's my hero.... ron hix also had his first race weekend & did very very well.  I attribute that to many laps with nesba.. hey garth.... need anymore cr's in the midwest????? 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

tstruyk

the expert?  no, just somewhat educated.

QuoteIf there is some perceived injustice that you now find it necessary to repeatedly pile on with subjects pertaining with NESBA please let me know so I can at least try and make an attempt to resolve it.

No percieved injustice.  just a director that makes comments that I question.  I have never said nesba is a bad company.  I have never refered to the way they choose to run the business in a negative way.  I have only ever taken issue with the spin that gets thrown on it.  If you recall, I have actually commended nesba on its business decisions and success.  nesba has done a good job.

this thread was nothing more than you throwing rocks at those that questioned the ability of track day riders in a racing environment.  Did you really not think it would start a discussion?

I crossed the line?  I dont recall ever making a personal comment regarding you.  its never been about you.

Quote from: racrx451 on July 17, 2007, 01:19:02 PM
I know Dustin Boyd almost won the overall in either unl. ss or sbk.  he was turning 2:25-26's as a first year racer.  he's my hero.... ron hix also had his first race weekend & did very very well.  I attribute that to many laps with nesba.

thanks racrx451.  Congrats to DB.  25's and 26's is awefully fast.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

tstruyk

Quote from: RCR_531 on July 17, 2007, 01:31:53 PM
It is nice to see Boyd do well at all tracks.

yeah he had a good weekend at GIR too as I recall
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

racrx451

yeah... at GIR, he dipped into the .09's.... eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!!!! just wish I could hang with him.  I can out eat him though! 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

Tojo

I do track stuff to offset my talk-radio listening.

I enjoy the sport and find it an escape from the BS of real life. Guys, you are getting dangerously close to pissing off people that use this sport to (as I do) to escape politics. Will everyone here please shut-up and check your ego's.

I ride NESBA, STT, PTT (no CCS yet). Any group that promotes getting in, getting involved, getting better, getting faster is a good group.

Stop stepping on your own genitalia or the silent majority will see this BS and step away from the sport. Very stupid