News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

suzukigirl

I am starting to learn that there are a lot of CCS cry babies.  Of course, not all of you have been, but come on guys!  After 12 pages of internet 'pissing matches', it still just comes down to this....

If NESBA wasn't going to be there Wed, Thur, then would CCS have rented the track?  I'm not positive on this one, but it doesn't sound like they would've.   So then, if NESBA wasn't going to be there would any of you even be getting any practice?  Maybe you should be thanking Garth instead of moaning and groaning about a damn $75 membership fee that lasts a year, when you are happy to pay the same amount for a 4-7 lap sprint that lasts 12 minutes!

And as far as preferring to ride the 'racer' practice vs. a day in the A group, I can understand to a point, but come on guys... the NESBA Advanced group is FAR from slow.  As far as not being comfortable with close passes, bull shit.  Should you be bumping into us or cutting us off like its the last lap of the race? no.  A little respect goes a long ways, but I'd expect the biggest problem MOST of you will have with the NESBA advanced group, is that you can't get by them.... or possibly even keep them in your sights.  Nobody can just 'jump into' the advanced group.  They are evaluated on many things, including passing and being comfortable with 'closer' passes, along with the obvious speed, smoothness, etc. 

The bottom line is that there is practice days available for everyone, attatched to a little bit of required respect for those that choose not to participate in any 'bumper car' action of racing.  Is it possible for someone to take you out in the advanced group at a track day??  Sure, just about the same chance of you accidentally taking someone out yourself at any given track, on any given day. 

If you want practice and set up time for your races, then I will see you July 4-5th at RA for a couple great track days, with incredible speed, and talented riders.... Trackday guys and racers alike.   I am planning to try to get a little bit more comfortable with the speeds myself and possible do my 1st race weekend of the year, 2nd of my 1 yr track riding career.

Hopefully I will be showing you how slow and 'dangerous' us trackday really are    :thumb:  (or as 1 liked to refer to as 'street riders', which BTW, there are probably close to half of all the regions trackday riders that no longer ride on the street)

Now, would everybody stop crying.... either you go or you don't, its really that simple. 

dicatirider944

Quote from: gkotlin on June 08, 2007, 11:07:20 AM
Snowboarders and skiers!  Snowboard used to be banned from ski hills.  They had to hike up hills themselves to ride down.  Maybe someday we can all share like they have learned to.  Oh wait there are a still a few narrow-minded people that bring up that debate as well.

Snowboarders haven't learned to share, they just took the hill over.  You see like 1 pair of ski's for about every 15-20 boards.  I do remember the days of hating snowboarders back in the early 90's when I skied, thought they were a bunch of punks, kinda like street squid.  Now I love to snowboard, it's a blast and actually takes a lot more skill than skiing.  If you haven't tried it you should.   We are all used to smacking the ground and sliding on our asses.  If you have never snowboarded you will do ALOT of this!  So yes, I'm now a punk that I used to hate.

I think I will jump on my 916 tomarrow in a tee shirt, shorts, and flip flops and go for a ride without a helmet.  I will make sure to rev the motor at every stop light and do a wheelie from every stop because I am just to kool!  J/K

Can't we all just get along?

dicatirider944

I look to do a trackday again someday. But with a  :jerkoff: of a spokesman for Nesba, it will be hands down to another trackday organization.  I know that my one entry won't cripple or put Nesba out of business, but it's just the principal of the things from what people say.

Just my $.02

Carry on

:pop:

Woofentino Pugrossi

Can this just freaking DIE already?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

dicatirider944

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on June 09, 2007, 04:01:31 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!NOPE, IT"S IN THE TOP 10 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!  

251am

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on June 09, 2007, 04:01:31 AM

Visitation Saturday at the Kevorkian Funeral Parlor-1pm

Bury it on Sunday AM, T1.

"T1 to Control. We need the crash truck to deliver a shovel for quick burial. No flags."

Court Jester

i'm not racing this weekend. still nursing the ankle to life.
i'll keep it alive.
if nothing else, i'll inundate it with g/f and ex g/f pics just to give people a valid reason to return
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Ducmarc

+1 jester got 4 more weeks good threads hard to come by. the JZ thing is about dead. I was in Vail back about 1978 saw 1 snow board in the pro shop if got back on the slopes I think I'd try a board first.talked to racer 22 last night he's in Savannah hospital broke 4 ribs in the carousel at robeling someone took out his front on Friday practice(don't know if that was track day or a racer only practice)and mark's a good rider.just trying to help out

suzukigirl

Quote from: ducatirider944 on June 09, 2007, 03:14:33 AM
I look to do a trackday again someday. But with a  :jerkoff: of a spokesman for Nesba, it will be hands down to another trackday organization.  I know that my one entry won't cripple or put Nesba out of business, but it's just the principal of the things from what people say.

Just my $.02

Carry on

:pop:

Have you not read this entire thread??  I can't blame him, considering all of the whining and crying.  I agree with his original thought of 'no CCS racers allowed to 'practice' at our NESBA day', or at least some of the tards in this thread. 

Go ride with other orgs if you'd like.... it has to at least be better for your confidence and ego.

I just don't understand where all of these arguements of 'track day riders are more dangerous', trackday orgs are going to help racing diminish, etc even come from.  The issue here is that people don't want to pay for a NESBA day for practice.  It's very simple.... either you do, or you don't practice.  Once again, if NESBA didn't have the day, noone would be practicing...  This thread should be titled   "Thank you NESBA for renting the track, which CCS wouldn't have anyways, so that we can get some practice before our races!"

Court Jester

I think it's more a matter of sticking it to the rider at the best possible time to rake in more $$$.
I do notice that about the only people jumping in for support are nesba  control riders.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

r1owner

Quote from: Court Jester on June 09, 2007, 08:27:42 AM
i'm not racing this weekend. still nursing the ankle to life.
i'll keep it alive.
if nothing else, i'll inundate it with g/f and ex g/f pics just to give people a valid reason to return

+1 Karma for you!

r1owner

Quote from: Court Jester on June 09, 2007, 10:42:40 AM
I do notice that about the only people jumping in for support are nesba  control riders.

I'm seeing that pattern too.