News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

zeroice

So whats up with the practice before this event? I read a thread a while back about Nesba running the practice but that thread turned into a heated discussion over instructors and parasites.... So I'm not going to re-awaken that thread.

My point is, I'm on a shoestring budget and I need to get some practice in before my race since I've never been to RA. I'm driving all the way up there (from Alabama) just for the Solo Challenge so I'm not using that race for practice. BTW, quite frankly I don't like it when people go out in my race to practice and hot dog around... They don't keep a steady pace and get in my way slowing me down (especially those yellow plates).... But thats another issue.

I find it hard to believe that NESBA is charging $185 for the track plus an additional $75 for a membership fee for a total of $260 just to do 1 track day!!! Thats a lot of money 8). Is this true? I can't find good info on their website.

I know some of you guys say "tough luck, if you can't afford it get out, yada yada yada". I think its quite unfair to charge a mandatory membership fee for a pre-race track day; thats monopoly and taking unfair advantage of those on tight budgets. The Team Hammer Daytona practice is only $175 (which I happily pay)... Opinions anyone?
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

r1owner

Quote from: zeroice on May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM
So whats up with the practice before this event? I read a thread a while back about Nesba running the practice but that thread turned into a heated discussion over instructors and parasites.... So I'm not going to re-awaken that thread.

My point is, I'm on a shoestring budget and I need to get some practice in before my race since I've never been to RA. I'm driving all the way up there (from Alabama) just for the Solo Challenge so I'm not using that race for practice. BTW, quite frankly I don't like it when people go out in my race to practice and hot dog around... They don't keep a steady pace and get in my way slowing me down (especially those yellow plates).... But thats another issue.

I find it hard to believe that NESBA is charging $185 for the track plus an additional $75 for a membership fee for a total of $260 just to do 1 track day!!! Thats a lot of money 8). Is this true? I can't find good info on their website.

I know some of you guys say "tough luck, if you can't afford it get out, yada yada yada". I think its quite unfair to charge a mandatory membership fee for a pre-race track day; thats monopoly and taking unfair advantage of those on tight budgets. The Team Hammer Daytona practice is only $175 (which I happily pay)... Opinions anyone?

I'm in the same boat as you.  AFAIK, you must pay the membership fee.  I could be wrong, but that's what I seem to recall from the other thread.

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tstruyk

going to melt some extra butter... anyone need anything while I'm up??
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

Quote from: tstruyk on May 24, 2007, 01:37:51 PM
going to melt some extra butter... anyone need anything while I'm up??

Yeah, could you get me a NESBA membership...

tstruyk

that'll be $75 dollars please, plus a $10 handling fee... and no I'm not trying to profit off you...  :ass:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

backMARKr

They don't keep a steady pace and get in my way slowing me down (especially those yellow plates).... But thats another issue.

must be a burden to have started out with white plates...
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

extrakt0r

Yes, it is true. Bottom line is that if you want to pratice, pay the money. Don't want to be a dick (I don't like it either) but that is the deal... :)

Those are the facts, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...

Also, they have some hoops you need to jump thru to get into the Advanced Group so you can run w/o a parent watching you. NESBA treats these days like track days, not racer pratice, and they closely guard people in the B & I Groups. Which is cool...I had never run NESBA before last years RA Pratice and had to fax in my Expert License and some stuff last year to get into the "A" Group and run some hot laps at race pace...

Just to warn you ahead of time, you just cant walk in a sign up for the "A" Group w/ Nesba. (Which is fine)
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Garywc

practice is over rated anyway
some track clubs are just out to make money like any other business
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

tstruyk

Quote from: backMARKr on May 24, 2007, 01:57:00 PM
must be a burden to have started out with white plates...

agreed...

QuoteBTW, quite frankly I don't like it when people go out in my race

Ummmm its their race too...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

Jeff

if this guys isn't a commercial fisherman he has missed his calling.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r1owner

Quote from: Jeff on May 24, 2007, 02:42:10 PM
if this guys isn't a commercial fisherman he has missed his calling.

LOL, I think the only thing he didn't do is cast dispersions on a particular ethnic group.