New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

Court Jester

Quote from: gkotlin on June 10, 2007, 10:10:14 PM
Uh yea...  Thats it.   ::)
:jerkoff:
Guess that makes me more of a track day rider than most.  I rode my 3rd time on a track at Road America in flash floods on DOT tires.  I didn't even have the motivation of points!  I just did it because I love to ride.   :cheers:

I'm proud to see some Nesba CR's standing up for what they believe in.   Do you run your business for free?  Nesba directors have to deal with your rants and crying and don't even get paid.   Garth has impressed me many times with his dedication to the members needs, but never at the cost of safety.   The fact that you can't detect his sarcasm on line is just a flaw of the internet.  I doubt I'd be nice if someone continually attacked my family and their beliefs as well.  Thats kind of what Nesba is.  An extended family.  We spend every weekend together doing what we love.  Sound familiar?  Oh yea, kinda sounds like racing!  The way you guys spend your weekends together.  Helping each other when help is needed.    Just because we don't go balls out for a chunk of wood doesn't make it any less dangerous or any less rewarding.

There are tons of generalizations being cast here by everyone.  I agree that we will probably always disagree.  None the less, you won't come and spend money on a Nesba track day.  Thats fine.  But I know if I'm at a CCS race and you need a hand.  I'm going to come and help you regardless.  It's not about what differences we can find.  It's about what we can find to share in this sport.  I'm sure when your done racing, you'll just hang up your leathers and never ride the track again.  Thats a shame.  I'll ride with Nesba long after I'm done racing.

Oh and I'm not a Nesba CR.  I've paid my $75 Nesba membership for the year.  I pay for my Nesba event fees.  I was out there banging bars with the AMA guys while they took advantage of our track day for practice.  I loved every second of it!  I pay my CCS race license fees.  I pay for my CCS races.  I post because I care.

Well listen. I'm not pointing fingers or splitting hairs on what a racer is or isn't, I'm never going to say that racer should be more revered than a track day rider or vise-versa, and in saying that someone is "More of a racer" certainly was not meant to belittle anyone else. truth be known, if I were to split the two, I would fall more into the "not a real racer" category anyway. every time I break the top 5 I break a bone.

I have 6 bikes at the moment and will be getting 2 more in a few weeks. No, when I'm done racing, I won't be done with tracks by a long shot and I'll actually be a control rider next year.

And do I run my business for free??? Well I have a few things going, I do business and manufacturing process engineering consulting on the side that you'll pay out the nose for, but yes. One is free. 

Try checking out www.superbikesunlimited.com. If you look around you'll see that we're about to give away a free track day to forum members.  Keep looking around and let me know when you see a site sponsor as well. Where do you think that money is coming from??? Yes. Out of MY own pocket. Why??? Because I have this undying love for the sport and I'm more than willing to chunk out a couple hundred dollars of my own money a few times a year to get more people into it. It honestly makes no difference whether it's a track day or a race. It's the sport in general. So when I see something that "I perceive" as someone jumping on an opportune time to stick a shaft to a rider and it involves racers and/or general riders, I get a little peeved.

Unfortunately, if the persons receiving these track days chooses a NESBA day, I may or may not pay for that track day. I've not yet decided. And if I do, I will not cover a membership fee. NESBA is the only track day organization that is up for question because I would have a hard time paying my money to support an organization that seems to take such pride in openly alienating "out siders" and openly conducts them self by apparently ego alone.

You want to know the real side kick though??? I loved NESBA until I started reading all of the NESBA folk's post on this forum over the past several months. I did my very first track day with them a at least one other. Maybe two.

So a reminder whomever would find this relevant and coming from an individual that's made a very healthy living making and saving fortune 500 companies a whole lot of money; the people that represent your company in the work place will have a much larger impact on the company by how they represent it within the general population. Considering the obviously growing competition and the way NESBA allows it's representatives to conduct themselves, I would guess their long term outlook is a bit bleak.

Just my opinion.

I'm going back to goofing off now with the hopes that some folks might look at this entire issue a little less seriously. 

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

WABBIT SEASON!!!!!!!
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

tshort

I only read this page of the thread (call me lazy - couldn't even consider the other 13) and noticed part of the discussion was opinions on the difference between a racer and a track rider.  I posted about this on another board, where someone was considering getting into racing, and wondering how different it might be.  To told him I thought the difference between track riding and racing is about equal to the difference between deer hunting and combat.  Yeah, you do have to know how to ride a bike/shoot a gun; and yeah, you do have to know how to get around a track/develop a good aim.  BUT THE DEER DON'T SHOOT BACK! ::)

I dunno - just a thought.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

zx10ragentorange

Were the dates not open to CCS as well? I think so. They just didnt want to fork out the money to rent the track for a practice day IMHO. So why is this thread even going. NESBA has every right to have a trackday whenever a date is open and it's not their fault the race org did not step up and get the date. Apparently CCS didnt care to do so. I think it's great that NESBA got a good date for a trackday for their members. Oh and I am not a NESBA CR either by the way. :)

gkotlin

It's now Beer season!!!!!!!!

Luckily we all agree this forum is a good place to share.  We all win.

Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

Super Dave

Quote from: zx10rblack51 on June 11, 2007, 12:30:57 PMApparently CCS didnt care to do so.
I've had a lot of licenses.  I've been a NESBA member once.  I've had other memberships, etc.

I think it is important to point out that CCS never rented a track for racer practice that I ever remember.  Yes, they did have some events under CCE that were combo dates...Saturday track days that had traditionally been race days, but I cannot recall anytime that CCS has had a practice day.  Generally, these types of affairs are put together by the race track, BFR/HPT practice, Mid-Ohio/Road America/Infineon, Road Atlanta/etc practice.  Similarly, the AMA does not provide these extra practice opportunities either, but that's also another situation too.

Duck Season.
Super Dave

Jeff

Quote from: Super Dave on June 11, 2007, 12:53:58 PM
I think it is important to point out that CCS never rented a track for racer practice that I ever remember. 

They've done it a number of times.  When ACC opened CCS did practice days on Friday before both events.  I believe they also did it at MAM.  And they did do the combined days at Gingerman, I think they did some Friday events there too but I don't recall them 100% like I do the Joliet days.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

backMARKr

Quote from: Court Jester on June 11, 2007, 11:28:10 AM

WABBIT SEASON!!!!!!!

D (ouch)  U (ouch)  C (ouch)  K(ouch)  Season!!!!                       

apparently our "intelligence level" hasn't increased,Mike!!! :lmao:

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

zx10ragentorange

Quote from: Super Dave on June 11, 2007, 12:53:58 PM
I've had a lot of licenses.  I've been a NESBA member once.  I've had other memberships, etc.

I think it is important to point out that CCS never rented a track for racer practice that I ever remember.  Yes, they did have some events under CCE that were combo dates...Saturday track days that had traditionally been race days, but I cannot recall anytime that CCS has had a practice day.  Generally, these types of affairs are put together by the race track, BFR/HPT practice, Mid-Ohio/Road America/Infineon, Road Atlanta/etc practice.  Similarly, the AMA does not provide these extra practice opportunities either, but that's also another situation too.

Duck Season.

True good point.

Ducmarc

in the fla region we practice all day on saturday and pile all our races into sunday . all our gt races are 9 laps on a 2+ mile track.it works pretty good  too

Court Jester

Quote from: backMARKr on June 11, 2007, 02:04:30 PM

D (ouch)  U (ouch)  C (ouch)  K(ouch)  Season!!!!                       

apparently our "intelligence level" hasn't increased,Mike!!! :lmao:

WABBIT SEASON!!!!!!!!!

And i think the intelligence level is based on just how serious one takes it.
CCS# 469

backMARKr

Quote from: Court Jester on June 12, 2007, 10:14:49 AM

WABBIT SEASON!!!!!!!!!

And i think the intelligence level is based on just how serious one takes it.

Which I believe was our motivation for doing it in the first place....

Are we a  bit TOO subtle for some????...... :err:

DUCK SEASON

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13