Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

zeroice

Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

Super Dave

Quote from: red900 on May 24, 2007, 06:05:04 PM
You are quite confused.....  Nesba did not rent the track for Race Practice, they rented the track for trackday riders.

I wonder if CCS is not offering a practice day because the rental cost of the track is so high??

Well, first, CCS is a racing organization.  I don't know of any track that they rent for practice.

Second, if NESBA wanted to have a track day, there are other days to have it.  Having it immedately, and I do mean IMMEDATELY before a CCS race does exploit the opportunity to get CCS racers that have NESBA cards to ride during their event for some kind of practice. 

There are some that say pay the man for practice.  Well, some people actually have a tighter budget than others.  There was a time when motorcycle racing didn't have so many IT guys with money to spend.  There was a time when there weren't track days all over either.  Not that I find the fastest guys using track days for set up either.

Yes, NESBA has a product.  You can decide to use it or not.  As a licensed road racer, yeah, I want CCS to survive.  Entering the Team Challenge is a great opportunity.  Krishna, you're in a hard position as you need to be in that race.  I don't have any good suggestions for you.  Wish I did.

Super Dave

G 97

Quote from: Super Dave on May 25, 2007, 08:35:42 AM
Well, first, CCS is a racing organization.  I don't know of any track that they rent for practice.

Second, if NESBA wanted to have a track day, there are other days to have it.  Having it immedately, and I do mean IMMEDATELY before a CCS race does exploit the opportunity to get CCS racers that have NESBA cards to ride during their event for some kind of practice. 

There are some that say pay the man for practice.  Well, some people actually have a tighter budget than others.  There was a time when motorcycle racing didn't have so many IT guys with money to spend.  There was a time when there weren't track days all over either.  Not that I find the fastest guys using track days for set up either.

Yes, NESBA has a product.  You can decide to use it or not.  As a licensed road racer, yeah, I want CCS to survive.  Entering the Team Challenge is a great opportunity.  Krishna, you're in a hard position as you need to be in that race.  I don't have any good suggestions for you.  Wish I did.

Yeah, who would use a lowely track day for help with set up.   

Browsing the RA NESBA entry list:

Mike Beck
Maritn Cardenas
Jason Farrell
Andy F.
Bobby Fong
Brian Hall
Robert Jensen
Mark Junge
Jessica Z.
Geoff May
Scott Ryan
D. Sadowski
Chris Ulrich

No fast guys for sure.
G

Super Dave

LOL!

Yeah, it's track time, but I know of a few that are concerned about how much set up they will get done.  For some, it's their first view of the track, period.

Even then, your list is for Memorial Day, right? 

There's just a difference of opinion.

:pop:
Super Dave

red900

Hey thanks for the correction.  IT seems trackaddix is doing the same thing as Nesba this weekend at MAM, does that make them a proponent of IT guys instead of racers also? 
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

extrakt0r

Well, some people actually have a tighter budget than others.  There was a time when motorcycle racing didn't have so many IT guys with money to spend. 

Something that breaks a budget is a $2500 Suspension Piece, or that $2500 motor, or that backup bike...NOT a $75.00 membership fee...

You got to pay to play...Bottom line...

While some people may feel "nickeled and dimed" that is different that breaking the bank on a $75.00 fee.

And leave IT guys out of this. There are other fields were a person can pull down 6+ figures with ease... :)
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

tstruyk

ummm trackaddix is the hosting organization of the races... its their series.  You will find practice dates on every saturday prior to THEIR race weekend... last season they ran races on saturday, now they fit a full day of practice in on saturday and all the races on sundays.  They offer slower groups for track day guys to help supplement the series to keep it alive.  Is Nesba donating proceeds to CCS to help it survive?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

251am

Quote from: tstruyk on May 25, 2007, 10:18:46 AM
ummm trackaddix is the hosting organization of the races... its their series.  You will find practice dates on every saturday prior to THEIR race weekend

Yeah, but I believe the Sam's Club-like fee($350) to join the trackaddix "club" is higher than NESBA's ($75?), AND T.A. cut classes out of the race schedule. Granted, with TA you also get a break on tires if you run 'stones. Apples and oranges. Can't please everyone.

If I remember right my NESBA membership gives a discount on tires and %50 off a WERA license. What else do you get with a NESBA membership Garth? Seems pretty cheap for the size and depth of the NESBA scheduleing and the tracks we are given access to. If you wanna race and be close to the podium, or on top of it, you do what's gotta be done.

IT $$$ guys are running up the prices of everything? Guess I better pack up and go back to the backroads TT-style racing on public roadways!   :jerkoff: 

r1owner

I didn't have to pay any membership fee to practice with TA before the Gateway race last year.

tstruyk

assumptions...  :banghead:

trackaddix motomania cost is OPTIONAL.  you only pay that if you want discounted track days and cheap tires.  it is not required.

Example:  non motomania club member track day fee $165, motomania member (or whatever they are calling it) track day fee $99.

and for the love of pete why are you even bringing up them cutting classes as a comparison???  Good lord... you talk about apples and oranges then compare those same apples to F16's...  :lmao:

What race series does Nesba run again??? oh they dont run one... leave the race series out of the discussion.

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

extrakt0r

You guys are so funny...

When they have a parade, or a ball game, or a football game...You see those little tents and hot dog stands on street corners...

Now you are hungy, so you go over and buy a Hot Dog...WHAT $4.50 for a Hot Dog? I can get a whole package at Wal-Mart for That...

So the guy running it says - Then you carry a grill, and all the shit required to cook, store and serve that hot dog with you, then you can't bitch...But until then, pay the $4.50 bitch...

Business is Business is Business. Get over it.
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

steelcityracer

I have nothing against NESBA, and I think it is a good business decision to secure pre race weekend dates, however those who think that this is just a coincidence are either blind, or just ignoring a blatant fact.  Just about every trackday organization does this with race weekends of both wera and ccs.  Nesba, Cornerspeed, Teampromotion, and SportbikeTracktime all do this as do others, and it is definatly with the purpose of increasing their revenue.  Nothing wrong with it, as I said, its just good business.