News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I certainly don't look down on Amateur racers, everyone has to start somewhere, but in a perfect world the best situation is to have a true 'racer only' practice with Amateurs and Experts seperated.

My complaint with race tracks today is if you look at their schedule and see how many non-racing events are held on weekends (bikes, cars, etc.), my belief is that actual RACING should always have preference in scheduling over all other activities at RACE tracks - today that is no longer the case at many tracks. Those people looking to build a road course in Minnesota made it very clear that they would rent the track to anyone willing to pay the money, they clearly expressed there would be no priority in scheduling toward racing 1st for the weekend dates.

How long have we had that horrendous April event at Road America? From what I read there wasn't any availability in the past of other weekend dates for CCS to choose from in the 1st 1/2 of the season, yet how many of those dates were consumed by non-racing activities? With new non-racing org's popping up all the time the schedules will continue to become more and more restricted as to availability and that will continue to drive prices thru the roof due to supply and demand. I have lived in the same county as Blackhawk Farms Raceway my entire life, I remember not that long ago (mid - 90's) when BFR would actually have some weekend dates open - you won't find that today. With schedules filling up you would think that would bring down prices, but as I said before that's not the case, instead we have higher costs and less availability of weekend dates.

These are just my observations and opinions based on what I've personally seen over the last decade + that I've been racing, I'm certainly not saying I'm 100% correct, but I bet I'm pretty darn close to being correct as to the 'cause and effect' situations I've described.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Court Jester

WABBIT SEASON!!
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

todd

I smell a new racing organization coming soon! :whine:

backMARKr

Quote from: Court Jester on May 28, 2007, 08:01:41 PM

WABBIT SEASON!!

DUCK SEASON!!!
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Jeff

Really trying to stay out of this, but having a tough time...

1.  NESBA having these days before the race weekend is PROVIDING YOU AN OPPORTUNITY to practice should you choose to take it.  They didn't have to rent the track, they did.  They have their own business to run and this weekend obviously made sense.  But really, do any of us even know who booked first (NESBA/CCS)??  Who effen cares?  If you want to run it, pay the fee.

2.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe NESBA has changed policy or pricing for this event to gouge racers.  The event would have the same fees/rules if it was held right before CCS, AMA, or in the middle of a month with no damned races...

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

WABBIT SEASON!!
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

iyeager

Quote from: Hawk on May 28, 2007, 01:08:28 PMIn a situation like the RA dates maybe there could be a reduced membership fee for a racer that has no intention of riding with the trackday org the rest of the season.

Why should a company who's trying to turn a profit offer a discount to someone who comes up to them and says, "Hey, I'm never going to use your product again." That's like walking into the only restaurant around for hundreds of miles and saying, "Hey, I'm hungry, and never coming back here to eat again, but maybe I could get that hamburger for half-price."

I think that the regular repeat customers should get discounts, (oh wait, NESBA members do.)

It's pretty simple business economics isn't it. Supply and demand type stuff.

Ian

backMARKr

Quote from: Court Jester on May 29, 2007, 10:57:48 AM

WABBIT SEASON!!

DUCK SEASON!!!!
WERA #13

Court Jester

WABBIT SEASON!!!!
CCS# 469

backMARKr

DUCK SEASON!!!

WERA #13

Woofentino Pugrossi

Bernard Season

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

nfcracin

STORK SEASON!!!