News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rd Amer practice July4~5

Started by zeroice, May 24, 2007, 01:25:43 PM

Garywc

like he said it would be fine if they didn't make you join there club
some us will never ride with them after that date so it does kinda suck.
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well you get 2 rounds of practice friday and 1 round each sat and sun.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r1owner

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on May 24, 2007, 03:33:16 PM
Well you get 2 rounds of practice friday and 1 round each sat and sun.

Thanks to the tip the threadstarter gave me, I'm now doing the solo challenge for practice...

tstruyk

good thing you dont have yella plates anymore...  :ass:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

zeroice

I should not have even started this thread...

Well, I can't afford $260, I got student loans to pay. Its hard enough to make it up there and spend money on fuel and tires. To spend an  $100 over the typical trackday cost or to just throw away $75 for a membership fee that I will hardly benefit from is just not worth it...

If thats how NESBA runs the business, I'll never ride or recommend riding with that organization and I'll make sure I tell that to everyone I talk to!

I had a smile on my face and positive thoughts when this thread started, but now I'm starting to have negative emotions.. not cool, bad karma!
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

251am

Quote from: r1owner on May 24, 2007, 03:35:42 PM
Thanks to the tip the threadstarter gave me, I'm now doing the solo challenge for practice...

Awesome idea....$175 extra, or is it less?

Court Jester

Quote from: 61Ex on May 24, 2007, 04:16:16 PM
  Awesome idea....$175 extra, or is it less?

That's what i'm thinking as well.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

tstruyk

QuoteI should not have even started this thread...

no kidding!!! 

I think you just boosted the field in the Solo Challange by 500% making it the "official CCS/ASRA dont wanna pay the nesba fee practice slot"... maybe CCS will give you a discount for "promotion"??

for the record lotsa folks agree that its no fun to pay nesba that much for practice... but c'mon

this

QuoteBTW, quite frankly I don't like it when people go out in my race to practice and hot dog around... They don't keep a steady pace and get in my way slowing me down (especially those yellow plates)....

and this...

QuoteI think its quite unfair to charge a mandatory membership fee for a pre-race track day; thats monopoly and taking unfair advantage of those on tight budgets.

doesnt really equal this...

QuoteI had a smile on my face and positive thoughts when this thread started, but now I'm starting to have negative emotions.. not cool, bad karma!

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

extrakt0r

Quote from: zeroice on May 24, 2007, 03:59:59 PM

Well, I can't afford $260, I got student loans to pay.

If your racing budget hinges on a lousy $75.00 you need to re-evaulate your hobby...Scrapbooking maybe for you?

It sucks that they just "happen" to pick these days, but oh well, what are you going to do about it? Pay it and pratice, or don't pay it and don't pratice...

If you hate it that much, rent the track next year during those days and hold your own track day and charge what you think is fair...

Otherwise bend over like the rest of us and pay the $75.00 extra fee :)
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

red900

[
Quote from: zeroice on May 24, 2007, 03:59:59 PM
I should not have even started this thread...

Well, I can't afford $260, I got student loans to pay. Its hard enough to make it up there and spend money on fuel and tires. To spend an  $100 over the typical trackday cost or to just throw away $75 for a membership fee that I will hardly benefit from is just not worth it...

If thats how NESBA runs the business, I'll never ride or recommend riding with that organization and I'll make sure I tell that to everyone I talk to!

You are quite confused.....  Nesba did not rent the track for Race Practice, they rented the track for trackday riders.   The fact that racers want to use that trackday for practice makes no difference to them, they have so many slots and when people fill them there is no more spots...  No matter whether you are there to have fun, or practice for your race. 

As for the cost, imagine what it costs to rent Road America for a day?  I am only guessing but I would say around 20k a day, now imagine you are nesba and you are offering full refunds in case of bad weather...  How much would you have to charge at an event to minimize your possible losses ( the track does not refund nesba, nesba just eats the 20K)?  Nesba is Non-profit business, meaning at the end of the year they claim no profits, all income must be reinvested in the business ( trailers, websites, blah blah).  So, in order to keep this business running, considering some events lose money and some make money, they must treat it as a business. 

CCS is running an event no matter what, rain or shine or hail even (HPT), so they can offer lower costs because they do not have to build in  these insurances.  Also, Nesba limits the track density, so they must account for that also....   

I wonder if CCS is not offering a practice day because the rental cost of the track is so high??
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

tstruyk

ugh nevermind... where's the dead horse smiley???

CCS GP/ASRA  #85

backMARKr

Quote from: tstruyk on May 24, 2007, 07:07:53 PM
ugh nevermind... where's the dead horse smiley???

Yeah..enough already with the "NESBA sucks" vs. " No it doesn't" discussion.

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13