Overall Point System

Started by gsxr_rcr, July 07, 2005, 02:16:40 PM

gsxr_rcr

I have thought of a way that CCS can keep the points sytem fair for the overall standings.  To help stop people riding every race they can so they can BUY a championship CCS needs to limit the number of Events that count towards the overall points.  If unlimited class people can only race in 5 events maximum then only 5 events should count towards overall points.  For all the lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight guys this could be their 5 best classes but if we limit them then it would be fair to name an actuall overall champion.  The current way just allows people with small bikes to run alot of classes an accumulate alot of points.

Just my suggestion.  I know CCS wants them to run every race because that means they make More $ but lets be fair and help people who cant afford it, or cant buy another bike.

extrakt0r

While I agree the points system favors a person with a 600 with lots of cash vs a person on a 1000 with lots of cash...

How important is the #1 plate anyway...I meen I would rather be Champ of my classes I race in than to be the #1 plate and not be the Champ of any Classes...

We all know the #1 plate can be "purchased" but it is much harder to "purchase" a Class Championship IMO...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

gsxr_rcr

I agree that it is much better to be champ of a class than overall but when you are presenting a proposal to a sponsor would it not sound better to say you are the overall champ???  

I just thought of a solution that would help keep the point system in check and figured maybe someone who works for CCS would read this and take it into consideration.

Super Dave

It's been brought up year after year after year to CCS.  

Write a letter.  Tell them you thoughts.

Super Dave

Jeff

While I would have some agreement, I still have to beg to differ that the plate can be bought.

Last year there were a LARGE number of people who entered a ton of races.  Consistency and top finishes put the #1 plate on Stumpy's bike.

Write it up and send it in...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

cbr806

I think the number one plate can be bought, but there's more than one guy usually trying to buy it, so you have to race a bit too.  I think the four class limit is a good idea.  I think even four, but I know neither will happen.

Super Dave

QuoteI think the number one plate can be bought, but there's more than one guy usually trying to buy it, so you have to race a bit too.  I think the four class limit is a good idea.  I think even four, but I know neither will happen.

How many people in each region were trying to get it?

Race a bit?

A bit?

This IS supposed to be racing.  
Super Dave

cbr806

QuoteHow many people in each region were trying to get it?

I'm guessing a number more than one and less than 10, but what differnce does that make, as long as it's more that one.

QuoteThis IS supposed to be racing.

Exactliy.  And if only four or five classes counted, you'd be racin' your a$$ off (quality, not quantity).  I'm not saying the guys who have earned the number one plate were not racin' hard, but the competition would have been considerable greater if only four or five classes couted and it may even have been won by a non-600 rider.

Super Dave

QuoteI'm guessing a number more than one and less than 10, but what differnce does that make, as long as it's more that one.

Do you really pay attention to it?  Two to nine is a broad answer.

I know who wanted it last year in the MW region.  Didn't think anyone else was really putting in an effort.  I know who I thought was doing it this year.  The others that were close were never gonna catch the "winner" unless they got hurt.

Super Dave

bmfgsxr

some people might run as much as 8 races a weekend. if they are even half way decent they will aquire more points than a guy who runs 3 classes and is in the top 5..   thats why overall points means jack s h i t to me.. class champs are all that really counts.

Super Dave

Some overall champions are the fastest, period.  We've had a couple of those in the MW.  Yeah, they were entering more classes, but they were winning or finishing better too.

Regardless, is it reasonable to believe that the riders that might contemplate going after a championship cannot because of the simple reason that it is almost ridiculous to think about trying to enter eight or nine races a weekend.  

If you're gonna go for the overall, it's easy.

Borrow a bike to compliment your current stable for the first weekend or two.  Enter as many races as you can put on credit.  Generally, the points that one can acquire will help others to decide that they don't need to try to go after the championship.  

i mean, really, at that point, it can come down just to money.  There isn't a huge purse, or sponsorship purse, that comes with the championship.  

Again, not that all number one plate guys buy them, but they are a managed purchase.  There have been riders that have won overall championships but no class championships...

Anyway, if you don't like the system, write up some ideas NOW, get them to others, and send it in to CCS.
Super Dave

StumpysWife

Remember kids.  Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it fact.

Heather