Overall Point System

Started by gsxr_rcr, July 07, 2005, 02:16:40 PM

Super Dave

LOL, I used the AM's to illustrate... ::)

I'm just stirring pots today, eh?
Super Dave

BadBones

We all buy our wins.
Money = resources

If you modified your bike, have an extra set of wheels, change tires more than once on a race weekend, use rain tires, anything other than 93 octane.....
Any advantage you have over the next guy that involves money is a form of buying success.  But that is part of what makes motocycle racing so much fun - this isn't Nascar, we don't want parity.

If parity is desired, then I have suggestions -

Fat index - I weight 250, so anyone under 250lbs must wear a weight belt to bring them up to mass.

Age index - I am an old man and think young people have to much advantage.  Anyone who doesn't need assistance swinging their leg over the bike must start in the back.

Wuss index - I have seen people crash and then make it to the next race.  This is insane.  Hell, it takes me 2 - 4 weeks to recover form tipping my bike over when I can't swing my leg high enough.  

Fitness index - I agree we limit the number of races that count.  After 3 races I can barely walk. Any fit enough to complete more than 3 races will not be permitted to race period.

Consistancy Index - When I crash all points accumulation halts.

Now that's fair

spyderchick

QuoteWe all buy our wins.
Money = resources

If you modified your bike, have an extra set of wheels, change tires more than once on a race weekend, use rain tires, anything other than 93 octane.....
Any advantage you have over the next guy that involves money is a form of buying success.  But that is part of what makes motocycle racing so much fun - this isn't Nascar, we don't want parity.

Fat index - I weight 250, so anyone under 250lbs must wear a weight belt to bring them up to mass.

Age index - I am an old man and think young people have to much advantage.  Anyone who doesn't need assistance swinging their leg over the bike must start in the back.

Wuss index - I have seen people crash and then make it to the next race.  This is insane.  Hell, it takes me 2 - 4 weeks to recover form tipping my bike over when I can't swing my leg high enough.  

Fitness index - I agree we limit the number of races that count.  After 3 races I can barely walk. Any fit enough to complete more than 3 races will not be permitted to race period.

Now that's fair

Now see? There's a man who's thinkin'! :o ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

hehe... and let's have a race where people faster than me have to start that proportional distance behind me...   ;D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

extrakt0r

QuoteWe all buy our wins.
Money = resources

Now that's fair

LMAO....

But in reality...Do you think Dale Jr's car is the same as a Nascar Backmarker? Doubtfull...

But that stuff was pretty darn funny...  ;D
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Super Dave

No, but he and his crew are better at set up.

Even if we limited it to one race, you can't take into account practice time, tires, or budget.

But there are only so many points available for anyone in one race...in CCS 65.

So, a class championship does have some advantages in at least evening out the field that way.  

Even then, in club racing, the biggest budget does not always win.

(I do still like the idea of making everyone reasonably even on weight.)

But NASCAR doesn't allow the Busch points to count toward the overall NASCAR championship....

Or any other races...
Super Dave

ekraft84

QuoteMy recommendation has been to change the points system and to limit the number of races that count toward the championship.

I don't think you have to limit the number of races a guy can enter.  Let him or her enter fifteen, but only allow four or five of their best finishes to count toward the overall championship.

Exactly.  To me this makes perfect sense.  It still lets CCS make their money, as people will still enter extra classes to get those extra few points by taking their top X number of races for points.  While at the same time, racers don't have to go broke competing for an overall championship.

In the end, it's cool to chase it, but the toll it takes on the wallet, the rider and the bike just isn't worth it.  I'd much rather have a class championship than an overall championship I bought with 9 entries per weekend.

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Super Dave

I've had both.

The Overall Championship...

In capitals...

is that...the Overall championship.  It's kind of nice to put a big one on your bike.  It does make one a target;  someone to shoot after or run into.

How many overall champions did not ride a 600 as a primary bike?

There are lightweight riders there that are certainly deserving of the title of overall champion...

Super Dave

Xian_13

Quote1209      789.3      DAVE ROSNO, EAGLE, WI.

My performance idex is 789.3.

Basically, I averaged 78% of 65 points everytime I went out and raced.  Might have got second, might have pulled off in the rain, whatever, each one has points.

Multiply 65(points for a win) by .78(my pi)...you get 50 points.  That's fifth place.  

Dave, your math is wrong.
If the grids where full, maybe it would work out that way.

Case and point, RA UnGP Sunday AM.
My motor was sick, I went out and put in one lap.
There where 9 riders, so I finished 9th.
PI=111.111
By your math I should have recieved 7 points.
But under CCS rules, I took home 42 points.

Maybe we should adopt a point system like "Arroyo Seco".
Read your rule book, they have it printed out.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

extrakt0r

QuoteDave, your math is wrong.
If the grids where full, maybe it would work out that way.

Case and point, RA UnGP Sunday AM.
My motor was sick, I went out and put in one lap.
There where 9 riders, so I finished 9th.
PI=111.111
By your math I should have recieved 7 points.
But under CCS rules, I took home 42 points.

Maybe we should adopt a point system like "Arroyo Seco".
Read your rule book, they have it printed out.

XIII

You two are comparing different Logics...

SD is comparing his average points won per race, over the whole season...

You are using his formula to calculate your points for a single race...

That is the difference. SD's Math isn't wrong, you are just mis-using his logic trying to calculate for a single event vs. a season average...

Re-read his post...

"Might have got second, might have pulled off in the rain, whatever, each one has points."

8)
Mike Simone
www.teamsimoneracing.com

Xian_13

QuoteYou two are comparing different Logics...

SD is comparing his average points won per race, over the whole season...

You are using his formula to calculate your points for a single race...

That is the difference. SD's Math isn't wrong, you are just mis-using his logic trying to calculate for a single event vs. a season average...

Read Again...

QuoteMultiply 65(points for a win) by .78(my pi)...you get 50 points.  That's fifth place.  

No, his math is based off of his PI (Preformace Index.)

I am not debating his logic...
But the "math" he is basing that logic off of is Wrong.

Mine is an Axiom, his is a logic used for understanding.
Do I need to be more clear?

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

extrakt0r

QuoteRead Again...

No, his math is based off of his PI (Preformace Index.)

I am not debating his logic...
But the "math" he is basing that logic off of is Wrong.

Mine is an Axiom, his is a logic used for understanding.
Do I need to be more clear?

XIII

I think what he is try to say that over the course of the season, based off his PI and Total Points, he had an average finish of 5th Place, which yeilds 50 Points...

By taking his PI and Multiplying it by 65, which is the maximum points you can get, you get your average finish place... in his case 50.7 Points per race, or an average finish of 5th place...

I don't see what part you are saying is "wrong"

???
Mike Simone
www.teamsimoneracing.com