Overall Point System

Started by gsxr_rcr, July 07, 2005, 02:16:40 PM

bmfgsxr

even to be an overall champ you would have to be reasonably quick (expert class we are talking about). but it can still be bought.  that is why in my opinion a class champion has much more credibility than an overall champ.

ahastings

With the current points system you can even win class championships, just by going to every round and not even finishing in the top 3. Look at the Midatlantic region. 13 rounds from Summit Point, West Virginia to Daytona , FL. a span of around 900 miles. Not many people can afford all that. For class championships I think your 2 worst rounds should be dropped.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

WebCrush

QuoteWith the current points system you can even win class championships, just by going to every round and not even finishing in the top 3. Look at the Midatlantic region. 13 rounds from Summit Point, West Virginia to Daytona , FL. a span of around 900 miles. Not many people can afford all that. For class championships I think your 2 worst rounds should be dropped.

If you want to win a championship, going to all the rounds in a region is usually a good start.

Super Dave

Would anyone like to start with the current CCS Points system.  It pays points well past the number of entries for most events.

So, If you have a race with seventeen racers in it, the guy that finishes first gets 65 points.  The guy in last gets 34 points for showing up...that's more than half.

Try this one out...

http://www.formulausa.com/points/ccspoints/archive/Great%20Plains%20Overall

Ten riders in the top ten for Amateur.  The performance index obviously reflects how well the rider finishes.  The points reflect that index multiplied by the number of races.

Our top finisher entered probably about 119 races.

Number two about 130.

There's your two guys going "after" the championship.

Third place guy entered a good number of races...about fifty-two, still a substantial number less than the ones above him.  

If he could have afforded another bike and entry fees and tires...there would have only been 160 points between him and first...but because of the "cost" that another could incur, there's almost 3500 points between them....

To compete for the championship, racer number three would have had to more than double the number of entries he had...'bout 67 more.

At $30 each, that's more than $2k in entries alone.  

Double the tire bill?  Yeah.  Another $2k?

My recommendation has been to change the points system and to limit the number of races that count toward the championship.

I don't think you have to limit the number of races a guy can enter.  Let him or her enter fifteen, but only allow four or five of their best finishes to count toward the overall championship.

Super Dave

StumpysWife

Quotehttp://www.formulausa.com/points/ccspoints/archive/Great%20Plains%20Overall

Our top finisher entered probably about 119 races.

Actually, according to my records our top finisher entered 62 races.  

He also didn't go to one round which, in theory, gave up class championships.  He got a bargain on his "purchased" plate I guess.  

He did race his @$$ off.  I'd like to see someone tell him to his face that he didn't.

Heather

extrakt0r

QuoteActually, according to my records our top finisher entered 62 races.  

He also didn't go to one round which, in theory, gave up class championships.  He got a bargain on his "purchased" plate I guess.  

He did race his @$$ off.  I'd like to see someone tell him to his face that he didn't.

Heather

I don't think SD was talking about Stumpy, he was taling about the #1 AM Plate holder which had 6115 Points...

Stumpy had 3843...Don't think it would take 119 Races to get 3843 Points, which is why I think SD it talking about the #1 AM Plate...

Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Super Dave

QuoteTen riders in the top ten for Amateur.

Thanks, Mike...
Super Dave

Protein Filled

QuoteHe did race his @$$ off.  I'd like to see someone tell him to his face that he didn't.

I'll tell him,  if he shows up at the track sometime!  :P ;D ;D

Oh, wait, let me clarify that a bit, the "motorcycle roadracing racetrack" ;)
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

You just have to figure out the races one finished.  You can pay for races and not race.  You won't get any points if you don't show up...won't count against a performance index...

But, regardless, 65 =1000.0

You win a race, you get 65 points and you have a performance index of 1000.0.

This is pretty easy....

The performance index is a percentage of the available points.  65 is for first.  Win every race, you'll have a performance index of 1000.  Anything less, well...you're not winning every race.  Basically, you can figure out the average of a riders finishing position.  Probably not exact, but...whatever.  PI is pretty straight forward.  Figure out how many points a rider would get based on their PI, then divide it into their points...should give some idea of how many races a rider actually showed up for.  Might have entered more, but this would be based on the number that a rider showed up for.

If someone knows other wise, do tell...
Super Dave

Super Dave

1209      789.3      DAVE ROSNO, EAGLE, WI.

My performance idex is 789.3.

Basically, I averaged 78% of 65 points everytime I went out and raced.  Might have got second, might have pulled off in the rain, whatever, each one has points.

Multiply 65(points for a win) by .78(my pi)...you get 50 points.  That's fifth place.  

Take the 50 point average for each race and divide it into 1209, my total points for the Great Plains Region.  24.8...Seems to be similar to the number of Great Plains race classes that I competed in.
Super Dave

Super Dave

205     788.0   DAVE ROSNO, EAGLE, WI.

Similar stuff...

I've only raced one CCS event this year due to various circumstances...

Again, similar pi puts me at 50 points and 5th place.

One event at Blackhawk.  Entered MWGP, ULSS, MWSB, ULGP, and MWSB.

Five races.  I decided to sleep through ULSS because I was tired, and I just didn't feel like racing in the rain at that moment.

http://www.formulausa.com/results/ccs/052805%20Blackhawk%20Results/document_view

4th in MWSB, 3rd MWGP, 7th ULGP, 5th MWSS...not listed in ULSS because I didn't show up at all on the grid.
Super Dave

StumpysWife

QuoteThanks, Mike...

Ooops.  Thanks.  I usually don't think AM for top 10.   ;)

Heather