News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Overall Point System

Started by gsxr_rcr, July 07, 2005, 02:16:40 PM

Xian_13

Quote...
By taking his PI and Multiplying it by 65, which is the maximum points you can get, you get your average finish place... in his case 50.7 Points per race, or an average finish of 5th place...

I don't see what part you are saying is "wrong"

???

The PI is a Hard number.
It calculated by taking the number of people in the race and where you finished in respect to them.

It is NOT a % of the of first place points.

if you finished 2nd out of 50, your PI=980
if you finished 2nd out of 5, your PI=800

As you can see, the number of people in a race effects the PI.
Only if, there were 13 people racing, and you finished 2nd... Would the PI (923) be a correct %.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

ahastings

QuoteI've had both.

The Overall Championship...

In capitals...

is that...the Overall championship.  It's kind of nice to put a big one on your bike.  It does make one a target;  someone to shoot after or run into.

How many overall champions did not ride a 600 as a primary bike?

There are lightweight riders there that are certainly deserving of the title of overall champion...

A championship can easily be won on a lightweight bike with the current points systems since they give so many points so far back in the field and all you have to do is complete one lap to get points. Look at Nate Kern in the Midatlantic this year. He has 4479 points already, mostly earned on his BMW. With a few earned on his ZX-10.He probably runs 10 or more classes a weekend. Look at his PI , you have to go all the way down to 12th then 19th to find lower ones. Not saying he isn't a good rider, but he is just collecting points on his BMW. He is using the system the way it is designed with good financial backing . So what that has done is made it impossible for anyone else to chase the championship, so much for CCS system of getting more people to run more classes. We all need to petition CCS to change their points system this fall for next season into something more meaningful. If they get enough emails and letters maybe something will change. I know I will be writing a proposal. Don't know if it will help or not.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

extrakt0r

QuoteThe PI is a Hard number.
It calculated by taking the number of people in the race and where you finished in respect to them.

It is NOT a % of the of first place points.

if you finished 2nd out of 50, your PI=980
if you finished 2nd out of 5, your PI=800

As you can see, the number of people in a race effects the PI.
Only if, there were 13 people racing, and you finished 2nd... Would the PI (923) be a correct %.

XIII

Ok, I understand now....

But at the end of the season, once you have your overall PI and total points, can you not the use SD's formula to get your average finish?
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Xian_13

QuoteOk, I understand now....

But at the end of the season, once you have your overall PI and total points, can you not the use SD's formula to get your average finish?

No you can't.
While SDs logic is not that far off, the PI numbers don't have any relationship to the points.

Right now, my PI is junk, but I have enough points to be leading one class and 4th in another.
Thus me posting the problem with using this logic.

The ASMA point structure would be ALOT closer to the PI.
Infact the ASMA point structure would help cure the "Buying of the title".
In AMSA, if there are 15+ racers and you go out for only one lap you end up with zero points.
The whole structure is based off giving points for the # of riders behind you. With bonuses for the top 15.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT