News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wives and racing... the saga cont.

Started by cardzilla, June 15, 2005, 02:04:27 PM

cardzilla

Hi, all.  I wanted to take the time to post about my situation in hopes that I can help anyone else out there who comes across the same thing in their lives.
To reset, I returned to roadracing in '04 after 10 years, went back expert and managed to win a race.  I'd planned to do a full season in '05.  Well the wife flipped and eventually made it impossible for me to ride.  I decided that my marriage was much more important and that we would just work things out, so I quit just before Daytona this year and sold a good portion of my stuff, including one fast 600rr.
Fast Forward to one month ago and it turns out she was having an affair!  Now having an affair is bad enough, but forcing me to quit racing 'for the sake of our marriage' along with it qualifies as dastardly.  Now I'm divorced, moving out of a beautiful home and without a racebike.  I could get into specifics but it'd be too long and you wouldn't believe it anyway... soap opera writers couldn't dream this stuff up on Abscinth.
So, to any of you who may have a similar situation arise keep this in mind.  I understand people are all different, but you need to make the decision for yourself and no one else.  I trusted my wife 100%, it's one of the reasons I married her, and she betrayed me in every aspect.  I'm now looking for a new house and a racebike for next year. *Lesson learned*
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Jeff

I dunno man... The way that my wife allows me to pour through money in racing, maybe she's hiding something from me!  ;D ;D

(sorry dude...  your situation sucks, and I wouldn't wish it on most people)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tigerblade

What an evil biatch!  Hope she gets a nasty pox...
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

smoke

Sorry to see you go through this type of crap.  I agree with what you said.  Thats was a nice yellow ride you had.  Get back to racing soon.

kz2zx

QuoteI'm now looking for a new house and a racebike for next year. *Lesson learned*

Man, I will never understand why YOU have to move out of the house.  

Divorce law is something beyond me.  I pray I never get an education

cardzilla

Let me clarify a couple of things.  We are BOTH moving out.  We have to sell the house because neither of us can buy the other's share of the equity out.
Second, on divorce law, here's a little kicker that I didn't know before I got married.  In the state of Florida, and most others, there's what's called 'no-fault' divorce.  Simply put if you come home, find your wife doing something unmentionable with a stranger... she still is entitled to half the assets.  I was always under the nieve impression that if you're at fault, you get zippo on the mutual assets and just get to keep what is yours.  Had I known that wasn't the case I wouldn't have gotten married without a prenup.
Thirdly, I'm getting everything I want in the divorce because I hold a few trump cards.  Since kids might read this I won't get into it in this forum, but think worse than soap opera.  I basically wrote the agreement myself, had my buddy (who is a lawyer) ok it and she signed it, no questions asked.  Since I am way too old school in the chivalry department I still gave her at least half of everything and let her keep the nice SUV (only she drove it anyway).  We couldn't afford 2 nice cars so I bought her that one and kept my POS '97 s-10.  Just glad to be done.  I'm actually excited about racing and eventually finding a girl that is into racing also.

Jeff-->  I wouldn't worry, buddy.  You know how every so often a motor comes along that is just way out of line with average HP and we call it a 'ringer'... well you got the 'ringer' wife  ;D
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Xian_13

Ohh Boy can I relate...

I am sorry to hear that things work out in the manner they did... I can't feel bad about your divorce, cuz you are going to be some much better off this way.

I had a Soap Opera myself...
I was 21, Married and I wanted to race...
I was all of 2 inches away from getting on the track, when my life turned upside down.

9 Years later, I finally started racing.
I never regret my choices...
But i can't help woundering what if...

So you missed 05, but nothing is stopping you for 06 and beyond ;D Sounds like a good deal to me!

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

K3 Chris Onwiler

Hey, those tire warmers you sold me totally kick ass!  They are the nicest ones I've ever had!  Tell the ex thanks from me!
Yeah, that was really low.  Hopefully, you'll take it with the humor it was intended to carry.... :-[
Anyhow, it seems your problem has solved itself.  Good for you, and watch out world!  Just let me share one of the lessons I've learned on my way to being old.  Don't try to make up for lost time.  Done is done.  When you get on the track, last year, last weekend, even last session doesn't matter.  All that matters is you, the bike, and how far ahead your eyes can see.  A very wise friend told me that at exactly the right moment, and it turned me completely around, virtually killing all my demons in one shot.  Don't let your past dictate your future.  It will only screw you up.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Oh, and I love the Rossi quote under your avatar!  He pretty much summed it all up there, didn't he? :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Jeff

QuoteSo you missed 05, but nothing is stopping you for 06 and beyond ;D Sounds like a good deal to me!

No kidding...  If you hadn't found out, you wouldn't have had sunlight for 06 (or gasp! maybe a late 05 race)...

and yeah, my wife is great... but she takes it out on me in large bites from time to time...  lol... (don't they all)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

cardzilla

Chris, you're welcome on the warmers... I'll be getting PDs again when the time comes.  Luckily, I was smart enough to not sell any gear.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

K3 Chris Onwiler

Yeah, note to other board members.  When Larry says "Like New," he means it!  That was a very good deal.  For the first time in my life, my warmers don't look like I stole them from a homeless person....

Hey, read my advice again Larry.  It's good stuff, and applies heavily to your situation on many levels.  Good luck, bro!