News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The 'ol land yacht can go through snow...

Started by Dawn, January 22, 2005, 06:11:57 AM

cornercamping

I am having a serious discussion.  You want me to tell you exactly how I"m going to react to a situation that I have never dealt with, and one that I hope I never do deal with.  For all I know, if it really happened, I might end up in a ball on the floor begging for my life crying like a little girl.  Who knows.  I'm telling you what I intend to do.  What actually happens is another story.  Nobody knows until it happens.

Thorny

You idiots remember what Dawn started this topic about? She was so bored, probably @ work and decided to actually 2 write about how her S.U.V. makes through the snow, big suprise to all.
 Most you guys would crap yourself if some crack head busts in your home. PERIOD so stop talking like a bunch of retards.

H-man

QuoteI am having a serious discussion.  You want me to tell you exactly how I"m going to react to a situation that I have never dealt with, and one that I hope I never do deal with.  For all I know, if it really happened, I might end up in a ball on the floor begging for my life crying like a little girl.  Who knows.  I'm telling you what I intend to do.  What actually happens is another story.  Nobody knows until it happens.

So you're saying there's no sense in coming up with an escape plan from each part of the house and determining a meeting place so you'll readily know whether everyone has made it out safely in the case of a fire, because you'd be planning the reaction to a situation that you've never dealt with?

Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

H-man

QuoteMost you guys would crap yourself if some crack head busts in your home. PERIOD so stop talking like a bunch of retards.

Maybe true of most.  But not this little H.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

H-man

QuoteI'll break into your house and cook your viscious little corgie and eat it.

Now that is some funny sh@t!
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

cornercamping

Who said anything about a fire  ???  Did I miss something  ???  I"m talking about a crack head breaking into my house with my family inside.

For a fire, our plan is to get the hell out, and meet in the driveway.  Our bedroom has a doorwall, and the kids room is accross the hall.  Open the doorwall and run like hell.  The house has smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

cornercamping

QuoteMost you guys would crap yourself if some crack head busts in your home. PERIOD so stop talking like a bunch of retards.

No I wouldn't.  Not a crack head.  You do realize that I have a professionally trained protection dog right?  That's why I got the dog.  I'll bring her to the racetrack one time so everyone can meet her  :)   Then Reverend can attempt to "eat her."  ;)  She's friendly unless told otherwise.  I could have her in our pit area, and she wouldn't bother a soul.   :)

Infact, H, wanna meet with us tonight at Eurocycles?  I'll bring the dog too  :D  She comes along occasionally to hang out   8)

TZDeSioux

03R6-Rider

QuoteBut, to answer your question, about 3 minutes to get the gun out of the safe and the trigger lock off.  There's one already in the chamber so she's ready to go.
3 Minutes is an eternity in an honest-to-goodness hostile situation.  Keeping a weapon in the home for self defense is a commitment to take all aspects into consideration - IMHO.  Comments like 'I'm emptying a clip in his booty' make me shudder at the thought that you have a family that lives in the home with you under these conditions.  Unless you've received tactical training under stress conditions you are a danger to yourself and your family in my opinion.  

Good luck getting the trigger lock off without shooting yourself if you do in fact have a trigger-locked weapon stored in condition zero, or even condition one for that matter.  

QuotePlus, most crooks are smart enough not to involve a gun in their crime from what I've seen
If you're talking 'crackhead,' smart is not part of the program.  I have known a few and can assure you of this fact.  

This is an area that is truly serious, not one for bravado and big talk.  You owe it to yourself and your family to actively train regularly if you have an honest intent to use a firearm for self defense.  

Dawn

QuoteYou idiots remember what Dawn started this topic about? She was so bored, probably @ work and decided to actually 2 write about how her S.U.V. makes through the snow, big suprise to all.

Actually it's a 91 Buick Park Avenue....

... NOT exactly an SUV.   ;D

H-man

QuoteActually it's a 91 Buick Park Avenue....

... NOT exactly and SUV.   ;D

That's a pretty plushy ride.  Designed to resemble the lines of the Jaguars of the day.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

Dawn

QuoteThat's a pretty plushy ride.  Designed to resemble the lines of the Jaguars of the day.

Now that you say that I can see it....

However mine's a little wavy now that bambi decided to run into the side of it this past Tuesday.  (the stupid little bugger).   :-/

;)