News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The 'ol land yacht can go through snow...

Started by Dawn, January 22, 2005, 06:11:57 AM

cornercamping

One thing that worries me, is that the wife refuses to take training to use a gun.  She won't go anywhere near it, and hates that I have it.  It's in the safe with a trigger lock because that's what makes her feel safe about having a gun in the house.  I don't like that she's scared of it, and doesn't know how to use it.  I asked her what she'll do if it happens and I'm away on business.  Her response: CALL 911  ::)   She's one of those people that put all her faith in the "system" and in cops.   :-/   Not me.  I'll cover my own ass should it need to be covered.  I'm not waiting for some cop to show up.

Dawn

QuoteSo, um, yeah.

My CRV goes good through the snow, too.

Heather   ;D

LOL!!!

;D

StumpysWife

QuoteCRV= Chicks Car

Where you're at, you guys need Excursions with a plow on the front  8)

Yup, I'm a chick.  

Excursions are gross.   :P  We get a ton of snow and I think Hummers are silly here, let alone a giant bus of a station wagon that beeps when backing up!  No thanks.  

My chick car rocks, thank you very much!

cornercamping

Hey Dawn, if I'm ever in the neighborhood, can I come drive that tractor ya'll got  8)

H-man

QuoteRegardless, I feel sorry for the poor bastard that breaks into my house...  The minute he comes thru my window, I decide if he lives or dies.  

Sigh  Here's to hoping that's mostly bluster and hyperbole.  You live in Michigan.  A very liberal state.  A friggin' blue state fer cryin' out loud ;).  They're gonna prosecute you.  I can easily poke holes in what you've argued so far.  Remember, because someone's out to deny you of property, DOES NOT allow you the right to deny them of their life.  In liberal states anyway ;D

There are ways of protecting yourself, your loved ones and your property using force.  It's just like knowing how to react to a street attack or a fire at home.  You just need to think about it, do your homework AHEAD of time.  
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

H-man

I don't think you've thought much of this out too well Dan.  That or you're just making stuff up... naaa... it wouldn't be that.

If I understand you correctly, you keep a gun in a sierra hotel/one in the pipe condition, yet you have a trigger lock on it?  And it's in a gun safe?  And the damned safe is in your bedroom?

I gotta go lie down and try not think of this any more.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

cornercamping

To hell with the state.   Don't care.   I'd be more than happy to do life in prison if it meant that my wife and child are safe.   I don't care what the prosecutor, or the state has to say about it.  Let someone come try and harm my family and you'll see Dan on the 11:00 news.  

Headline: Homeowner shoots burglary suspect 10 times in the chest.

I could care less about the property.  It's when he tries to harm the family is where the gloves come off and so does the saftey.  If he broke in trying to just steal the TV for instance, I'd just point my gun at him and call the cops if the dog hasn't gotten him or he hurt the dog.    If he tries to harm me or my family, the only reason I"m calling the cops is for them to notify the corner.  ;)

StumpysWife

Do like Stumpy did when a coked up guy tried going through our deadbolted, yet glass, back door--grab your wife's most expensive candle to crack him over the head.  Don't go for the cheapy, go for one in the glass jar--nice and heavy.    

I went for the big chef knife, but the 991 operator (who realized in the middle of the melee that he went to high school with Stumpy) told me I had to put it back in the drawer.  

That's a great story.

cornercamping

QuoteI don't think you've thought much of this out too well Dan.  That or you're just making stuff up... naaa... it wouldn't be that.

If I understand you correctly, you keep a gun in a sierra hotel/one in the pipe condition, yet you have a trigger lock on it?  And it's in a gun safe?  And the damned safe is in your bedroom?

I gotta go lie down and try not think of this any more.

I have a full blown safe in the house.  The gun has one of those full trigger locks that covers the whole trigger, ect.   I keep one in the chamber.  

What's so hard to figure out  ???  If I had it my way, it would be in the nightstand with no trigger lock, but the wife won't have that.  So, I do what I can to passify her.  That's all.   Again, I hope the situation never arises.  I'm not planning on getting robbed, or attacked.  I mind my own and do whatever.  I don't carry unless there's a reason, so if it happens out of the house, there's nothing I can do than use my fists.  You have to remember that my dog is trained, and if she don't know you, your gonna lose a piece of your ass.  Especially if we're not around.  I got the dog as the first line of protection.  The gun is 2nd.  The dog barks, and will notify us if anyone is around.  Hell, she barks if someone pulls in the driveway.  If she hears someone coming thru a window, she is trained to attack with no question.  If the crook isn't armed, he doesn't stand much of a chance against the dog.  Don't care how big they are.  Dog goes right for the throat if she feels a threat. First she tries to "corner" the suspect.  If the suspect advances, she's go after them.  Get the throat and hold.  Only squeeze if they resist.  It works too.   :)  My dog doesn't play games when she's feeling threatened or doesn't know the person.  For instance H, if you came over to my house, and walked in, my dog would be on you until I tell her it's ok.  From that point forward, as long as you don't touch the kid, she has no problem with you.  But, if you come thru my window, even if she knows you, you're gonna have a problem.

cornercamping

QuoteDo like Stumpy did when a coked up guy tried going through our deadbolted, yet glass, back door--grab your wife's most expensive candle to crack him over the head.  Don't go for the cheapy, go for one in the glass jar--nice and heavy.    

I went for the big chef knife, but the 991 operator (who realized in the middle of the melee that he went to high school with Stumpy) told me I had to put it back in the drawer.  

That's a great story.

Oh, so what you're saying is that there IS a justifible reason to spend $ on the "Good" candles because they not only burn (your money away) but also protect.   I get it.  ;D  

If it were my house, he'd either be missing part of his ass which will be hanging out of my dogs mouth, or he'd be in a cemetary.  No need to call 911 until afterwards  ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteI have a full blown safe in the house.  The gun has one of those full trigger locks that covers the whole trigger, ect.   I keep one in the chamber.  

What's so hard to figure out  ???  If I had it my way, it would be in the nightstand with no trigger lock, but the wife won't have that.  So, I do what I can to passify her.  That's all.   Again, I hope the situation never arises.  I'm not planning on getting robbed, or attacked.  I mind my own and do whatever.  I don't carry unless there's a reason, so if it happens out of the house, there's nothing I can do than use my fists.  You have to remember that my dog is trained, and if she don't know you, your gonna lose a piece of your ass.  Especially if we're not around.  I got the dog as the first line of protection.  The gun is 2nd.  The dog barks, and will notify us if anyone is around.  Hell, she barks if someone pulls in the driveway.  If she hears someone coming thru a window, she is trained to attack with no question.  If the crook isn't armed, he doesn't stand much of a chance against the dog.  Don't care how big they are.  Dog goes right for the throat if she feels a threat. First she tries to "corner" the suspect.  If the suspect advances, she's go after them.  Get the throat and hold.  Only squeeze if they resist.  It works too.   :)  My dog doesn't play games when she's feeling threatened or doesn't know the person.  For instance H, if you came over to my house, and walked in, my dog would be on you until I tell her it's ok.  From that point forward, as long as you don't touch the kid, she has no problem with you.  But, if you come thru my window, even if she knows you, you're gonna have a problem.

I'll break into your house and cook your viscious little corgie and eat it.

H-man

QuoteTo hell with the state.   Don't care.   I'd be more than happy to do life in prison if it meant that my wife and child are safe.   I don't care what the prosecutor, or the state has to say about it.  Let someone come try and harm my family and you'll see Dan on the 11:00 news.  

Headline: Homeowner shoots burglary suspect 10 times in the chest.

I could care less about the property.  It's when he tries to harm the family is where the gloves come off and so does the saftey.  If he broke in trying to just steal the TV for instance, I'd just point my gun at him and call the cops if the dog hasn't gotten him or he hurt the dog.    If he tries to harm me or my family, the only reason I"m calling the cops is for them to notify the corner.  ;)

Okay.  Now I'm on your wavelength.  You really don't care about a serious discussion.  You're babbling... er... writing part just for shock value and part our of machismo.

If you even want to pretend to be an operator Dan, ya gotta think before you act.  Just don't take forever figuring out your op pln.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)