how to be good neighboors 101,  Part 2

Started by Steviebee, July 28, 2004, 11:03:26 AM

Steviebee

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=10119

Think we could get away with this at blackhawk ?

KBOlsen

Personally, I love the way my bike sounds with open headers...  so VOLUPTUOUS!  SO ANGRY!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

spyderchick

Henry's nuts!  :o (sorry Henry).

We already have to deal with p!ssed off residents at certain tracks. Yeah, let's run the suckas without cans at all. That'll make 'em happy.  :o :(
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

spyderchick

QuotePersonally, I love the way my bike sounds with open headers...  so VOLUPTUOUS!  SO ANGRY!!
Kimmie, you're saying waaaaay too much about yourself, Girlfreind.  ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Dawn

We ran an FZR400 without a muffler once.....

I think some of the cows are deaf now...   ;D

tigerblade

Kinda surprises me that the bikes ran okay without them.  Wouldn't you need changes to the mapping?   ???
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

r6_philly

Matt Wait ran his open pipe R6 at summit last year, it was fun hearing it half way around the track during the TC. Sounds cool. Must wear earplugs (which I don't).

Try dyno that thing! may be louder than some of your buells  :o

Lowe119

I talked to tech about it and they said it would fly at Road America, but probably not at BFR. I guess BFR has a decibel limit - I can't remember but I think it was something like 110 db ??? I was planning on doing it, but never got around to figuring out the jetting - plus if I was told to put the muffler back on, my jetting would be screwed.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteI talked to tech about it and they said it would fly at Road America, but probably not at BFR. I guess BFR has a decibel limit - I can't remember but I think it was something like 110 db ??? I was planning on doing it, but never got around to figuring out the jetting - plus if I was told to put the muffler back on, my jetting would be screwed.

BHF is 103. Even in CCS's own rulebook it states 105db is the limit for CCS (Section 1.12 or page 7 in teh 2004 book).

Imagine 40 bikes running mufflerless. There is no way in hell will you hear any announcements for 1st, 2nd or 3rd call.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Protein Filled

I ran the final laps of the Road America Team Challenge with open headers... not by choice though!

Oh, and my bike lost all midrange when it happened, so I am not sure how they can say that it didn't affect their performance!

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

r6_philly

if you have a PC installed it would be relatively easy to remap it richer. A lot richer. It would be a lot easy to do this with a FI bike rather than carbed. Then you can put it on when it is required.

By the way, head tech or race referee has the last say on the rule book anyway, so if they decide to raise the limit or ignored for one day, they just have to let you know at riders meeting.

spyderchick

That's why it's know affectionately as the "CCS" suggestion" book. ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org