News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

how to be good neighboors 101,  Part 2

Started by Steviebee, July 28, 2004, 11:03:26 AM

KBOlsen

:o

Relax... much as John wants to run wide open, I'll keep my mufflers!  The last thing BHF needs is the neighbors bitchin' about CCS!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Lowe119

I just wanted to do it because of the cost - I wouldn't have to buy an aftermarket exhaust and wouldn't have to replace one if I wrecked.  :P ;D I was planning on just making a carbon fiber cone to route it out the side

Mark Bernard

I run a Force header on the Buell. It just might as well be an open header. I know that I am one of the loudest out there. Which by the way is a little bit of a dis-advantage. I cant hear when anybody comes up on me but they sure as hell can hear me comming up on them. Kind of hard to be a sneeky bastard with such a loud bike!  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

CCSRacer114

QuoteHenry's nuts!  :o (sorry Henry).

We already have to deal with p!ssed off residents at certain tracks. Yeah, let's run the suckas without cans at all. That'll make 'em happy.  :o :(

Both of these tracks are in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors.  Notice it's only at Moroso and Homestead, not JenningsGP, not Daytona.

Heck, Moroso runs jet cars on the drag strip! I think those are a bit louder than a 1K with open pipe.

spyderchick

QuoteI run a Force header on the Buell. It just might as well be an open header. I know that I am one of the loudest out there. Which by the way is a little bit of a dis-advantage. I cant hear when anybody comes up on me but they sure as hell can hear me comming up on them. Kind of hard to be a sneeky bastard with such a loud bike!  ;)

"Loud pipes let your competitors know who's coming up behind them" is a bit long for a jacket patch or bumper sticker.  :P ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Stinger562

I run a Force can too, I thought it was blown since I bought it used, I guess they are just loud.  I'm all for loud/streight pipes, my buddies know I'm on their ass so get out of the way. In most cases the track has been there longer than the neighbors, jennings is one exception.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteIn most cases the track has been there longer than the neighbors, jennings is one exception.

Well its not hard to get a track shut down if the neighbors get a good lawyer. Hell look at airports that had runways or themselves totally shut down because of noise. And those airports been there before the subdivisions were.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

cornercamping

Let me fire up one of these big twins with a straight pipe :D  At first you'll be like :o and then nothing but ;D  Carbon Oversized Airbox + 57mm throttle bodies + Open pipes and its  ;D all day long.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteLet me fire up one of these big twins with a straight pipe :D  At first you'll be like :o and then nothing but ;D  Carbon Oversized Airbox + 57mm throttle bodies + Open pipes and its  ;D all day long.

Funny thing is, people think it affects just the immediate neighbors. A friend of mine lives near Woodmans in Beloit and we can hear the bikes there.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

cornercamping

QuoteFunny thing is, people think it affects just the immediate neighbors. A friend of mine lives near Woodmans in Beloit and we can hear the bikes there.

He'll be like  :o at first too, but then  ;D

Woofentino Pugrossi

With him, yeah he loves it. But I dont think it impresses the seniors home or alot of others.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

cornercamping

QuoteBut I dont think it impresses the seniors home or alot of others.

Seniors are deaf  ::)  Just ask H-man  ;) ;D :-X