News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS SHOULD GRID BY POINT DO ALL AGREE!!

Started by casper_881, September 09, 2002, 03:17:23 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteBack to my school...

I've made the new independent program available since 1999.  Some take advantage of it, some do not.  Some riders feel they have all the answers, and that's fine.  Those riders cannot be taught....

So do you know what you are going to charge next year and the schedule yet? Hopefully I got the $$ and time to take it. I got some riding problems I'm hoping your school can fix for me. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Won't know dates until the Midwest SCCA makes their dates in November or so.  Everyone's schedule at Blackhawh follows that.  I won't know prices until we know how much the insurance will cost, and if I can get http://www.corsesuperbikes.com to sponsor lunch.

Additionally, Bill, our CCS Midwest Director has made it known that he would like Thursday's for his Sport Rider Days to bring up attendance.  If Blackhawk lets him do it, I might be inclined to do something else.  There are some places that would like me to start other programs, and there are people that tell me to start a new series.  I don't know where that idea is coming from, but, rumor has it, that AGV is trying to start a new road race body in the US.  

Back to grids...  Dave333, no, no, no and no is not an answer.  What is the solution?  Obviously, there is a problem with all the up roar across the board.  Ideas?
Super Dave

Ben Smith

As a representative for the guys and gals who only do a few races a year, I think gridding by points is a great idea. Yes I would love to be up front and I have pre-entered early in hopes of a 1st wave start, but honestly it didn't matter to me because for one, I'm out there racing! Two, I'm not the fastest so why make it more difficult for the fast guys to race each other with me in the way. The highest I finished was 12th and it was well earned. I rode my arse off. But my skill level is not top 5 yet so again, why keep it from someone who has that level?But unti lthen, I'll pre-register and hopefully do better each weekend I show up.

mj

As some people have said, this is racing. Racing costs money and a lot of it . Just look at the cost of pre-entry as another expense to be competitive. The present system works most of the time but even though it is quite simple CCS manages to screw it up often enough . I don't think that CCS is capable of managing some of the complex gridding systems that were mentioned in this forum.

Is this system (time of entry) totally fair to all riders ?  No !  
But every system mentioned so far has their own shortfalls.

How about longer races.
At tracks like blackhawk run 10 laps instead of 8.
That would allow faster riders more time to move up through the field.

Run the riders school on friday if possible to allow more time for races on the weekend.