News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS SHOULD GRID BY POINT DO ALL AGREE!!

Started by casper_881, September 09, 2002, 03:17:23 PM

BRG

winning percentage + date of registration = grid position.

This is the best way and I believe CCS already does this.

danny

That would work if they could keep the points straight. I have shown them where they are not right and no one seems to care .I started three months ago and still cant get them changed.

Speedballer347

How about gridding by Performance index?
Your performance index has more relevance to your abilities/placings than season points, so if they gridded by PI the fastest guys would be upfront regardless of how many weekends they are able to race throughout the season.
Makes more sense to me, than gridding by points
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteTo throw some 99 octane on the fire, there should be a beginner class beyond amateur.

There are constantly a handful of people who get lapped twice in an 8 lap race.  Most of them stay upright and people manage to get around them, but it's scary for them and it's scary for those who end up passing them on the grass!

I know CCS doesn't have the time to run qualifying, but the addition of one class for NEW racers who WANT to run it would be beneficial.

I'm not saying that CCS should mandate all new racers into this class, but I'm sure there are slow racers out there who would enjoy going around the track without being buzzed when the leaders catch up to them repeatedly.

Sounds like a good idea, BUT what classes would you suggests removing to make room for them during the weekend? Our sat and sundays are already tight in the mid-america/great lakes region.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Woofentino Pugrossi

C
QuoteRob  you have a very good Idea ok so if  they do
no want to it for everyone then make it fro the first 6 rows anyway! cuz they do have somewhatof a brake in the grid! it would be fine that way also :D

Hell if by some ODD reason I ended up being gridded in the front 2-3 rows of a large group, I would purposely start from the back anyways. I really dont like holding others up with my slow ass.:D:D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

racerX465

QuoteWELL it DOES take TWO months TO see POINTS posted.

and i have lost some money by not racing after pre-registering,
early on for not knowing...... and recently for mechanical that didnt happen in time for me to notify ccs.

OH, NEW SUBJECT.
WHY NOT GIVE MY MONEY BACK IF IM NOT IN THE RACE.

racerX465

QuoteWELL it DOES take TWO months TO see POINTS posted.

and i have lost some money by not racing after pre-registering,
early on for not knowing...... and recently for mechanical that didnt happen in time for me to notify ccs.

OH, NEW SUBJECT.
WHY NOT GIVE MY MONEY BACK IF IM NOT IN THE RACE.

On the issue of points posting; the BHF track championship has not been updated since June!

Let me race for free (or at least mostly free) and I'll update all of our results by Monday evening!!!

If I remember correctly, GLRRA used to refund entry fees if the rider was not able to race. I don't remember the specific conditions for a refund but I might also point out that they don't really have much of an existence this year as an organization.

They also used to have races that required riders to place high enough in other races in order qualify for a certain race. But, it seems that they did not offer as many classes as CCS does, hence, less racing time.

The dichotomy of gridding: by points or by greenback arrival time....

What is racing? It is competition. Competition among racers who strive to be the best and fastest rider in their classes. Shouldn't, then, racers be rewarded by being gridded according to that rider's ability? If I win, I should be first. That's racing, I earned it.

Or perhaps gridding by performance index.

ack!

r6_philly

performance index is good enough for me.. I vote yes.

I just have a problem that someone who is not financially strapped would ALWAYS get better position to me. Maybe that is not buying a #1 plate, but it IS buying grid postion.

They may as well start a system where you pay 85 per race for the first 3 rows, $75 for the next 3 rows and $65 for the 2nd wave.

I work my ass off, save up my little bit of cash to go racing, and sometimes this year, I can only get the money the day before the race, and I am all the way in the back for my inability to make money in time? It doesn't seem fair.

If the grid is small it wouldn't make much difference. But when I start from the 11th row, behind a blue shirt or two, I can't pass as fast (don't wanna be mean to the slower guys). GT races always seem better finishes for me, but when I am done by 15 seconds after the first lap... how fair is the competition. How about everyone run superbike rules in supersport if you start in 2nd wave???

I know I am just complaining, but I really don't like grids be decided on who is richer... we all work hard, tighten our belts, why is some of our money is not as worthy as someone else's

Jeff

Quotewell jeff we should write in and do somthing about rather than talk about !!! right bud lets work this out some how!! ;D ;D

I could draft a letter this weekend for review, then everyone print/sign/mail.  

Really, this will not necessarily benefit me because I won't be in that situation next year.  I'll be the slow expert now  8)

As for where to put it and when to run it?  It could be run on EITHER DAY with very little impact!  Run a 5 lap race for them, unlimited in CC and mods.  

The reason I say unlimited is because of the TL girl.  She is out there, and holds a decent line, trying to race and having fun, but she is not really able to keep up with the rest of the pack and becomes a 'target' so to speak.  This is not to say she sucks, or she is the only one, just one that comes to mind.  

If we could jam 1 1/2 days of racing into this last Sunday at BHF and STILL have a lunch break & run full length races, we can EASILY slip in a 5 lapper...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r6_philly

I would support that new class as well, count me in for a sig.

If we can have Formula 40, we can have a "Entry class" race. but if they do it for 5 laps, they should charge $30 regardless.

sdiver68

Don't they already have a beginner race, it just happens to go by the name of LCR School???

Maybe LCR should offer 2 levels of instruction, 1 in which true first timers are shown the Flags, rules, courtesies, etc... like they currently do, and another one that ANYONE could take that offered Intermediate to Advanced instruction and was more focused on riding skills and practice.  Then, both groups could run the same practice race, make it a little longer, and send it out in heats.

MCRA Race School Instructor

am125ike

QuoteI am against the 'by points' grids.
I am only an amateur, and only race a 2 or 3 times a year...so I have like no points.
But I am a front-runner, and show up to win.  If it was by points, I would be starting deadlast.  
That doesn't seem too fair.
Placings are placings, and points are points.  And they are not always releted.
A slower rider can hit every race and aquire a lot of points, that doesn't make them fast.  So either way you do it, you are still going to have fast and slow guys up front, on the grids.
Why penalize fast riders because they haven't been able to follow the points/races schedule for their region?
You want to be gridded upfront.... preregister.  It's simple :)

speedy baller Z,
you make a good point.....
index....thumbs up....
i read BRG also...