News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS SHOULD GRID BY POINT DO ALL AGREE!!

Started by casper_881, September 09, 2002, 03:17:23 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteThe first few rows should be who deserves to be there, not who gets their money in first.

Exactly. The first 11 spots (3 rows) SHOULD be gridded by points (except the first race of the year).
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

CaSpEr_Dude

Rob  you have a very good Idea ok so if  they do
no want to it for everyone then make it fro the first 6 rows anyway! cuz they do have somewhatof a brake in the grid! it would be fine that way also :D

r6_philly

I was top 10 in points in every class that I race in (before I skipped the last 2 races) and my best starting position was on the 6th row (the only time I wasn't in 2nd wave this year).

Yes YES YES by points. pre-entry by points and post-entry by order of entry. Grid like how FUSA classes grids. 600SS and open SS. It makes more sense.

I skipped 4 weekends this year because I didn't think there is any reason to throw away $1500 if I have no shot of the top 5-10 (I am not THAT fast). I am a loyal CCS racer, and planned on attending every event. But I don't think this series regular has been rewarded as the current system "supposed" to reward.

Lets hope that CCS at least give it some thought and gather enough feedback to make a decision. Either way, I learned my lessons this year, and will be ready for next year either way. I want to be upfront and want a chance to win without knocking the slower guys out of the way.

GAMEDIC

Kevin Elliot himself told me that one reason they didn't do it by points was that is would be too much work for them to get the results in and compile them to have the grid ready for the next race...that came strait from him...

Eddie #200

YEs, yes, yes.... grid by points.   :) If you are faster, you are faster.  It would make racing safer... remember the pile up at RA during the race start? :'(

am125ike

QuoteKevin Elliot himself told me that one reason they didn't do it by points was that is would be too much work for them to get the results in and compile them to have the grid ready for the next race...that came strait from him...

WELL it DOES take TWO months TO see POINTS posted.

and i have lost some money by not racing after pre-registering,
early on for not knowing...... and recently for mechanical that didnt happen in time for me to notify ccs.

OH, NEW SUBJECT.
WHY NOT GIVE MY MONEY BACK IF IM NOT IN THE RACE.

Jeff

To throw some 99 octane on the fire, there should be a beginner class beyond amateur.

There are constantly a handful of people who get lapped twice in an 8 lap race.  Most of them stay upright and people manage to get around them, but it's scary for them and it's scary for those who end up passing them on the grass!

I look forward to running in some AMA races next year where I have to actually QUALIFY for my grid spot & eligibility to run the race!

I know CCS doesn't have the time to run qualifying, but the addition of one class for NEW racers who WANT to run it would be beneficial.

I'm not saying that CCS should mandate all new racers into this class, but I'm sure there are slow racers out there who would enjoy going around the track without being buzzed when the leaders catch up to them repeatedly.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Speedballer347

I am against the 'by points' grids.

I am only an amateur, and only race a 2 or 3 times a year...so I have like no points.
But I am a front-runner, and show up to win.  If it was by points, I would be starting deadlast.  
That doesn't seem too fair.  

Placings are placings, and points are points.  And they are not always releted.
A slower rider can hit every race and aquire a lot of points, that doesn't make them fast.  So either way you do it, you are still going to have fast and slow guys up front, on the grids.

Why penalize fast riders because they haven't been able to follow the points/races schedule for their region?

You want to be gridded upfront.... preregister.  It's simple :)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

CaSpEr_Dude

QuoteI am against the 'by points' grids.

I am only an amateur, and only race a 2 or 3 times a year...so I have like no points.
But I am a front-runner, and show up to win.  If it was by points, I would be starting deadlast.  
That doesn't seem too fair.  

Placings are placings, and points are points.  And they are not always releted.
A slower rider can hit every race and aquire a lot of points, that doesn't make them fast.  So either way you do it, you are still going to have fast and slow guys up front, on the grids.

Why penalize fast riders because they haven't been able to follow the points/races schedule for their region?

You want to be gridded upfront.... preregister.  It's simple :)
ya that suck but if you are fast than this should not hurt you if you only run a few than what if the differance you are not going for point any way what are trying to win !! there are a few like you but we all work hard and spend lotttttsss
of money and would like to see the number 1 plate go to some one who earned it rathan buying it.
If you are only doing a few than what is the diff. where you start it sounds like it is only a hobbie for you any way?????????

CaSpEr_Dude

QuoteKevin Elliot himself told me that one reason they didn't do it by points was that is would be too much work for them to get the results in and compile them to have the grid ready for the next race...that came strait from him...
well you and I know that they need to hire another person to help in that office any way I'm 4weeks to see your point thats bull shit and I know many race that would be very qulified to do the job for as little as a price break on there entery fees!
big deal right !!well it seem like they can find the excusses but not find a way to fix this problem soooo we must help them and WRITE into them with your IDEAS and get it fixed what do you think its that easy

CaSpEr_Dude

QuoteTo throw some 99 octane on the fire, there should be a beginner class beyond amateur.

There are constantly a handful of people who get lapped twice in an 8 lap race.  Most of them stay upright and people manage to get around them, but it's scary for them and it's scary for those who end up passing them on the grass!

I look forward to running in some AMA races next year where I have to actually QUALIFY for my grid spot & eligibility to run the race!

I know CCS doesn't have the time to run qualifying, but the addition of one class for NEW racers who WANT to run it would be beneficial.

I'm not saying that CCS should mandate all new racers into this class, but I'm sure there are slow racers out there who would enjoy going around the track without being buzzed when the leaders catch up to them repeatedly.
well jeff we should write in and do somthing about rather than talk about !!! right bud lets work this out some how!! ;D ;D

Speedballer347

Quoteya that suck but if you are fast than this should not hurt you if you only run a few than what if the differance you are not going for point any way what are trying to win !!
I am trying to win the races I enter. I am also trying to win contingencies to subside some of my costs.  
I risk my neck as much as the next guy....but I should be stuck in the back to fight my way past the midpackers in a sprint? Why?...cause I missed some races?  If it's all about points, then why even show up at all if you know you are going to miss a few weekends?  Cause it's about racing...we want to race...we want to win.

As far as "if you are fast, then this should not hurt you"...amateur wise I am very fast...but getting stuck in the back of the grid in a sprint?  If you are in the back of the pack when they throw the green...good luck ::)  The front couple of guys are only a second or so off the fast experts.
We both know when the flag drops, they are GONE.

Quotethere are a few like you but we all work hard and spend lotttttsss
of money and would like to see the number 1 plate go to some one who earned it rathan buying it.
buying it?  it's the guys who have the $ to show up every race (no offense to anyone) who are more so buying the final points tally than people that pre register.  There are a lot of fast guys out there who aren't on the 'points trail'

QuoteIf you are only doing a few than what is the diff. where you start it sounds like it is only a hobbie for you any way?????????
The diff is I am there to race, not hang out in the back of the pack.  
I pay my $ and I can run w/ any amateur, so it's unfair for me (or anyone) to get shoved in the back, so highpoint riders can duke it out for the season points. Why not just say at the beginning of the season, "if you aren't going to show up every weekend, don't bother showing up at all cause your not going to get a fair shot at winning the races."
And as far as points, I couldn't care less if someone has more points than me....if they beat me in the races, then they beat me and congrates...If I beat them on the track, I beat them....points are like graphs, they don't tell the whole story.
Beating someone in points doesn't mean you beat someone on the track...and the TRACK is what matters to me.
As far as a hobbie, isn't that what it is to all of us here...I mean if your Nickie Hayden then prerigistered or not...your gonna win EVERYTHING.

I won every race I entered in March until my motor blew up (while I was leading) and my frame broke...
I had engine and frame problems on the 1st weekend that has caused me to not be able to race but twice this year.
If anything, I am at a complete disavantage cause I have ZERO track time.  Now I should be gridded in the back too?  Even though I win?

I am not trying to start a bonfire on here (nor insult anyone), but I don't think it would be fair to shove people in the back cause they can't make all the races...at an amateur 'club' level anyway.
I mean basicaly what you are proposing is the guys w/ the most seat-time should get the best grid positions.  Can't us broke or badluck'd guys get any breaks ;)

Oh, and my response/veiws are towards Amateur CCS club races...Not Expert level CCS racing as that is a whole nother realm, that I know nothing about.

Bombs away ::)

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing