News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultra-Light Superbike Class  question

Started by Suicide_Blonde, December 28, 2003, 04:31:34 PM

Suicide_Blonde

The R&Rs state that "Twin Cylinder, liquid cooled, pre-1999 model year, up to 700cc" may run, does that exclude the Suzuki SV650?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Unless you have a 98 SV650. ;D ;D And I dont think they were made then.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

mw

duc995@aol.com

It would appear so...and will be kicking some major butt!  I wonder if they also allow TZ 250s...can't remember the exact rule wording though.

Super Dave

GP bikes and the non street legal Aprilia RS250's (the cup bikes) were never brought in for street use.  That's a big part of "superbike" that it is a based on a productiion street bike.  There are exceptions.
Super Dave

Zac

Superbike rules state that the bike must be street legal somewhere in the WORLD, whereas supersport have to be street in North America, thus the Aprilia RS250, which is street legal in Europe, is Superbike legal.  Plus, the RS was legal for Middleweight Sportsman, so it should be legal for the replacement class, ULWSB.

-z.

Super Dave

Ok, so my H1 fits there now?  No LWSportsman, right?
Super Dave

Zac

Ultra-lightweight superbike:

Two-stroke, air cooled, unlimited displacement.

6.3.1B. The frame must be as originally supplied by the manufacturer on the approved model. Strengthening gussets or
tubes may be added. Only brackets or tubes not supporting suspension, engine, or drive line components may be
removed. Swing arms may be modified or replaced and rear shocks may be replaced or relocated.

So as long as you haven't messed with the frame too much (I'd say the spirit of that rule is keeping the swingarm pivot and engine mounts in the same location and the stock head angle) your H1 would be legal in ULWSB

-z.

Super Dave

We've moved the swingarm pivot.  I don't think that is against the rules.  It is still the stock frame.  Different swingarm...yeah.  Really as long as it has frame numbers, and resembles the stock chassis, you can probably do just about anything.

Super Dave

CCS

Super Dave "21",

That thing willl never be finished, you've been talking about it for at least three years....come on, it's really just a figment of your imagination, isn't it?    ;D

Yes, the Aprilia RS 250 and FZR400 are the bikes to have for this class.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Super Dave

LOL, seems like it.

I "won" some triple clamps on e-bay in November that I needed to increase trail....still don't have them.  

Mark Stiles is making the new axle and rear axle adjusters for me...but then he had to have back surgery...(I think they just cut him open and put in YamahaBond 5).

Some day, Kevin...mabye...I hope... ;D
Super Dave

NSR250 Racer

I understand the Aprilia RS250 was street legal in Europe (and other countries?). Does that mean the race only Aprilia Cup bikes legally imported to N.A. can run in ULW Superbike?  regards, Scott