News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultra-Light Superbike Class  question

Started by Suicide_Blonde, December 28, 2003, 04:31:34 PM

tzracer

According to the rule book, any bike that could be purchased through a dealer that was/is street legal in any country is legal.

A TZR or NSR would be legal. They could be bought from a dealer in Japan and were street legal in Japan. The rules do not say that YOU had to purchase the bike through a regular dealer, only that the bike was/is available through a dealer (via normal commercial channels).

Proof of compliance is the reaponsibility of the competitor. Give CCS a call and ask specifically about your bike.

You can download a copy of the rulebook

http://www.formulausa.com/forms

click on FUSA Competition Rule Book
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Zac

QuoteA TZR or NSR would be legal. They could be bought from a dealer in Japan and were street legal in Japan.

A TZR is legal, BUT with last year's sportsman rules you had to run TZR cylinders and not TZ cylinders, as many often do.  I saw a TZR show up for a race that by the way it passed SVs on the straights, had to be running TZ cylinders, heads, pipes, carbs and ECU.  It looks like with the new ULWSB rules, only the TZR engine cases need to be used (no mention of cylinders or heads) so a TZR/TZ ( the power of a TZ with 50 extra lbs) could legally dominate the class.
Won't be too fair against all the singles and such.

-z.

CCS854

First post, so please bear with me  ::)  A literal reading of the rulebook would  indicate that my '97 Triumph III retro-fitted w/carbs is NOT legal for CCS Thunderbikes, but would BE legal for UltraLW Superbike and therefore LW  Superbike.  ANyone actually know what classes this thing is legal for...haven't heard back from Kevin Elliott yet, and I want to get ready for VIR in April.

I have a 'SuperSingle' ready just in case ;D

Thanks,
Eric Mercer

CCS EX 854

CCS854

Wot th' heck is: I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

spyderchick

QuoteWot th' heck is: I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

YaBB is the code used for this bulletin board. Click on profile at the top of the page when you are logged in to change what it says there under personal text
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Eric Kelcher

You better check with Kevin but if the Triumph is under 900cc then I think you are right.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

tzracer

Just because a bike is legal for ultra lightwieght SB does not make it legal for lightweight SB.

ULWSB is a combination of sportsman classes, not all the bikes are LWSB legal. No mention of triples in LWSB. The Triumph appears to be legal for MWSB.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

CCS854

Well, here's the final word from K.E.  I CAN run my '97 Speed III w/carbs  in ULW/LW Superbike, but not Thunderbike!  It will be a while before it's ready, so I'll be riding the thumpers in the meanrime.  

Look fir the red MuZ at VIR.

Eric Mercer
CCS EX 854

Hello Eric,

The way the rules are now, your bike is indeed legal for the mentioned SuperBike classes, but not for ThunderBike...

...We will see you at VIR.

Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-Road Race
Clear Channel Entertainment - Motor Sports
2501 Parkview Drive #105
Fort Worth, Texas  76102
817-332-4822 Ext. 103
817-332-5633 Fax

FTZ591

This sucks - I am going to get crushed this year...

Just when I got the SuperSingle sorted out!!

Guess I need to invest in a Speed Triple (I still dont get why a triple is legal for ULWSB).

What no Ducati 805 people yet?
VFR800 - Jolie
MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
FTZ591 - SuperSingles Racebike
www.squidbusters.com Admin

Zac

Hey FTZ, don't worry too much, it all matters who shows up.  A little single like a worked Duc Supermono could show up and wipe up all the triples and FZR560s.  Or even a Tigcraft Midimoto, which have show to run with 250GP bikes.

I'll have my CR500 out for it's first CCS race at Vegas next weekend.  I just hope there's enough people out there to have some racing.

-z.

CCS854

QuoteThis sucks - I am going to get crushed this year...

Just when I got the SuperSingle sorted out!!

Guess I need to invest in a Speed Triple (I still dont get why a triple is legal for ULWSB).

What no Ducati 805 people yet?
Yeah, it would seem that this bike would be at home in Thunderbike, but apparently they don't want to mess with that class.  I just picked this one up real cheap w/o a title to use as a trackday bike then started thinking about mounting the old flatslides from my '95 triple and using it as a backup for the MZ.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Triumph...it'd be pretty expensive for a sane person to get one just to beat EXs, etc (of course, this doesn't rule me out ;))  I honestly think my MZ will outrun it on most tracks except Road A & Daytona.  It's much better sorted and has more power/weight than I can afford to get out of the Triumph...remember, it needs to be the T509 motor (885cc), not the current 955cc version.

FTZ591

QuoteI wouldn't worry too much about the Triumph...it'd be pretty expensive for a sane person to get one just to beat EXs, etc (of course, this doesn't rule me out ;))  I honestly think my MZ will outrun it on most tracks except Road A & Daytona.  It's much better sorted and has more power/weight than I can afford to get out of the Triumph...remember, it needs to be the T509 motor (885cc), not the current 955cc version.

Are you running Summit this weekend?  If so and my bike runs right I will see you out on the ULWSB grid ;)
VFR800 - Jolie
MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
FTZ591 - SuperSingles Racebike
www.squidbusters.com Admin