News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DUMP THE POINTS PAGE

Started by Chef, September 15, 2003, 05:14:49 PM

tshort

QuoteDafan--As I have posted, there was a serious problem in the computer.  I am not going to post points when I know they are incorrect.  I felt it was more important to get them right than to post an inaccuracy.  Now that I have them fixed and I know they are corrected, they should be up by the end of the day.

Ms. Tiffiney - the points are indeed up, and there is a 9/16 date on them for the Midwest region, but the tally, at least for the classes I race in, do not match the spreadsheet I keep at home.  

They appear to be off by exactly the same number of points accumulated in the last two race weekends (both at Blackhawk) - which means they are only up through Topeka/August 8-10.  
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

WebCrush

uh oh, seems like someone told on us. . . Kenny decided to email a whole bunch of us.  :o

SliderPhoto

Quoteuh oh, seems like someone told on us. . . Kenny decided to email a whole bunch of us.  :o

LUCY! YOU GOT SOME SPLAIN'N TO DO!  :o ::) :P ;D

QuoteDave... and others,

It was brought to my attention that there was a lot of talk on the web BBS about the points process, and how much we all suck... I visited the BBS and discovered many mistruths that were posted and many misconceptions of what may cause the problem for points not being correct or posted in a timely fashion.

This is not intended to throw anyone under the bus or place blame, but simply explain the process in which is used to generate results and points, then have them posted on the corresponding web sites.  If you have any questions regarding this process, feel free to contact me.

For the record... here is the process (in theory):
1)  Points are totaled after each event in a DOS based (ASCI II) format at each event, then placed on a disk at the event and shipped overnight to the Fort Worth CCS office (arriving Tuesday).  The points are actually automatically totaled for each rider after the race results are entered immediately following the race.  There is not a person sitting at a desk adding point to the past riders total, and sifting through each class that he/she was entered in.  It is far more simple... the computer program software does it all automatically....(DOS because that is the program that has been used since 1988, and for the record is the best program for licensing, registration, grids, and points in the business.  Not even NASCAR or CART have a better, all encompassing system.  We are working on converting all of the same programming software to a Windows based format that will also include operating systems for electronic timing and scoring, but they are not done yet).

2)  Points are then converted to a newer operating systems format from the ASCI II file and a html file is made.
3)  They are then sent to me in Chicago... (because I am the designated exclusive source for road race content between our property and the internet content production department).

4)  As soon as I get the html files from Fort Worth CCS office, I forward them to our web content manager.
5)  The web content manager that handles our RR files usually posts the files that I send her within target of a  24 hour period, based on her work load at the time, however it is usually posted within hours of me sending it to her.

6)  It's that simple; Fort Worth sends them to me, I forward them for posting.  
7)  Creating a new web site or new points page has nothing to do with the time in which the points are totaled and posted on the web.  It also has nothing to do with the people who actually post the files.  It has to do with the time of the content being created and converted to a html format.  That is usually the delay in posting.

My point?
1)  If it is not on the web, I have not received it from Fort Worth yet.
2)  If it is wrong, it is because it was not correct when it was sent to me for posting.  We are all human.
3)  Clear Channel Chicago has nothing to do with the accuracy or timing of the points being posted on the CCS or FUSA web sites.

4)  If you have an issue with points not being correct, or not being posted you need to contact the Fort Worth office...  If you cannot reach Tiffiney, attempt to contact Linda.  If neither of them are available, you can send me an inquiry or call me personally, and I may be able to help track down any information that you may need or inform you of any delay that I may know of.

5)  Creating a new web site or new points page has nothing to do with the time in which the points are totaled and posted on the web.  It also has nothing to do with the people who actually post the files.  It has to do with the content being created and converted.  That is the delay in posting.  So for those of you who want to create new spreadsheets, or new web sites, or new formulas for calculating the points... don't waste your time.  That is not the problem.

6)  It's great that the CRA has their results posted the Monday after each race... however they are usually not flying back from California or the East coast, and dealing with 2-5 events per weekend, (over 80 per year), nor are they processing over 5000 license applications in a year's time.  Nor are they dealing with the Street riders in the sport rider days that are hosted while trying to keep focus on their primary RR program.  The CRA at best guess has less than 250 riders, and far less entries or licensing than CCS.  And they can split their work load between a small group of people.  We have 2 people that process every piece of paperwork that goes through the CCS and FUSA licensing, entry, results, contingency, and points process, not to mention preparing for the next weekend.  Spend a day in the office, you would enjoy it.

SliderPhoto

continued....

QuoteI agree that it is frustrating... I too need the points updated in a timely manner for my media and marketing duties.  But do not blame Clear Channel, nor the office in Chicago for any short-comings in the posting of results or points, they are not handled out of this office, nor is there a corporate mandate to not handle CCS in a timely manner.  BUT instead, contact the Fort Worth office via e-mail or phone and speak to a CCS representative.  There are 3 people there that can usually answer CCS related questions.  To Tiffiny and Linda's defense, (as Tiffiney mentioned on the BBS), why should results or points be sent if they are not correct?  

With an increase of licenses and entries each year, the workload is sometimes to large to handle in a timely manner before having to jet back out of town for the next event, especially when we are dealing with virus and/or hardware issues.  Tiffiney and Linda work hard, and our Fort Worth office is understaffed for CCS operations, but they do what they can to keep all of the rider files up to date and more importantly, accurate.  The same two people also help with all of the mailers, newsletters, weekly meetings, reconciliation of past events, preparation for coming events, trophy orders, data entry, and other normal office duties.

If anyone would like to help, we could use a hand in the office preparing our Daytona mailers, our Licensing mailers, and our processing the 1800 entries for our next Nat'l event... just let us know if you are available...

Thank you for your time, consideration, and continued support of the CCS race program.

Kenneth R. Abbott
Marketing & Promotions - Formula USA & Championship Cup Series
Director of Competition - X-Treme Sport Bike Association
495 North Commons Drive, Suite 200, Aurora, Illinois 60504
Ph: 630-566-6420, Fax: 630-566-6184
E-Mail: KennethAbbott@ClearChannel.com

For more info visit:
FormulaUSA.com
CCSracing.com
XSBA.com

QuoteI know y'all are frustrated that the points have not been updated on ccsracing.com.  Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as y'all are.  Unfortunately we lost our person within the Ft. Worth office that did our website and now we have to go through our corporate office to get stuff posted.  I do, however, have the current point standings for all regions, so if you would like them, please email me and I will get them to you right away.  I want to thank you guys for making this year so incredible--all of you riding your butts off made this our best year yet.  We're working on making next year even better, so in the words of Kevin, thank you for your support, and have a great off-season!
http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1035819751;start=0

QuoteUh...all those letters are getting me confused!  Sorry, Eddie, I'm not a computer person AT ALL, so I don't understand any of that.  What I can tell you is that next year's system will be much better and much more efficient.  For this year, we're just going to have to deal with it for a couple more months and then next year when everything's perfect, we'll be able to look back and say "I'm so old that I remember when CCS's website wasn't always current!"  Okay, maybe not as funny as it sounded in my head, but trust me, we're getting there.
http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1035819751;start=4

QuoteSean, please see my post about the Blackhawk results.

Points are updated as soon as the races are finalized in our computer.  However, I do not post them.  I send them to Chicago to be posted, and after that it is out of my hands.  I get frustrated like all of you.  CCS IS doing the job you're paying for.  If you don't see the results you're looking for, let me know and I can send them to you.  If you don't see the points, same thing.  I'm not going to monitor a message board to check for problems--but if you tell me what's wrong, I can make it right.
http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1055275053;start=12

Dawn

QuoteMs. Tiffiney - the points are indeed up, and there is a 9/16 date on them for the Midwest region, but the tally, at least for the classes I race in, do not match the spreadsheet I keep at home.  

They appear to be off by exactly the same number of points accumulated in the last two race weekends (both at Blackhawk) - which means they are only up through Topeka/August 8-10.  

Tom:

I got the same result for LWSS and LWSB, but Thunderbike appears correct (I'll check when I get home, I don't have an updated spreadsheet at work).

Dawn   :)

Super Dave

QuoteDave... and others,

Why do I always get called out...LOL! ;D
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteWhy do I always get called out...LOL! ;D

Troublemaker. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Peanut

Thanks for getting the points up Tiff.

TiffineyIngram

Let me clarify those statements that Jack so politely posted:
The ones in October were posted just after we lost Nancy Selleck.  Up until her departure she was posting our results and points.

The post in June was while our contact person was on vacation.

EX#996

QuoteTom:

I got the same result for LWSS and LWSB, but Thunderbike appears correct (I'll check when I get home, I don't have an updated spreadsheet at work).

Dawn   :)

Nah.....

Thunderbike for the MW is just wrong.  I'll see if I can figure it out.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

SliderPhoto

QuoteLet me clarify those statements that Jack so politely posted:

Is there any other way?  :P ;D

I'm sorry Tiffiney, I hate to stir the pot but we've got one faction saying it's CCE and the other saying it's CCS.

Personally, I think you're probably working  your ass off doing everything you can. But still, the situation sucks and the frustration continues. It's not fair.

I apologize for making your job that much harder and seem that much more thankless. Everyone appreciates what you do and realize you can do only so much. And for the record you've been more responsive to me than any one else I've ever tried ;D to talk to at CCS.  

From now on I'll try and keep my two cents to myself.

Peace out.

Mark Bernard

Ok Tiffiney... How many "shiney packs of gum" do I owe you now?  ;D Your the best "EVER"! I am sure I speak for everyone! Rock on! Mark
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region