News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DUMP THE POINTS PAGE

Started by Chef, September 15, 2003, 05:14:49 PM

Chef

;D

still made bout the points tho   >:( >:( >:( >:(

QuoteEveryone has offered to keep the dumbarse page updated, EVERYBODY!!!!

I'm pissed beyound reconcilliation, save yourself the frustration!

trust me..
(bad part is;... it was much better this year)
(im crying inside(It's so sad)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Hey Ike! Hey Dave!  :)

One of the problems with keeping points on your own is that you have no idea of where the other racers are at. I ran into this when I was debating on going to Gateway this last weekend, I spent over 2 hours getting results since the last updates and figuring updated points for not only myself but also the other racers I was in the running with. THAT WAS FRUSTRATING AS HELL!

It does suck that even when the points were ready in the past they weren't ending up on the website in a resonable amount of time due to company politics of who is more of a priority at CCE, apparently CCS is plankton in the food chain of CCE!

What I also found confusing was that there were not updated points books at BHF for the last event there? I find it hard to believe that all the points records are on the computer system and that there is not any back-up copies of them? I would think that would be easy enough to send to a regional race official to make up an updated points book with? The reason I bring this up is because that is where I was told to check when the points were not updated on the website.  :-/
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

K3 Chris Onwiler

I keep my own points, and those of the other top guys in my classes.  CCS can not be relied upon for such important information.  When you need to plan stratagy, you need good info.
Unfortunately for another rider, he wasn't keeping as close an eye on the points as me.  At Gateway, he walked away from a chance to make the points battle very, very close.  I don't mind, but it's a shame for him...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

I get copies of the race results and keep track of the points for all of the people that race in the same classes that Paul does.  I knew I had to for this year.

I'm glad I did, it is a lot less stressful this way.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

fizzer400

I've got the easy solution to this points mess. Being a programmer, I have to approach this from the geek angle. :) There needs to be a database designed for the website which contains all the racers and their info(name,#,etc.). Then there's a backend page that a CCS/ClearChannel employee logs in to enter in race results after every race event. Those results are saved in the database, which then are displayed on the results page. Then here's the beauty part of it: when someone goes to the points page, the website queries the database for all the results, and then calculates the points on-the-fly. No more of this manually updating the points page crap! No wonder they never get around to it, it would have to take forever. Using the method I'm describing, the points page is basically updated every time somebody brings it up! What do you think CCS? I'm more than willing to do it for you! I'm holding up my "will work for race fees" sign right now!  ;D

Jeff
CCS #419

SliderPhoto

Jeff, what you are proposing has been done. I designed a database and kept points all last season and made them available on my site. Other people have also offered to do this. One problem is that garbage in equals garbage out. You still need to get the results from CCS. They have been talking about working on their own software for a couple years now.

Mark Bernard

And talking...and talking...and talking...and talking...and talking...and talking...and talking!!! Enough talk! Lets have some ACTION!!!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Eddie#200

CRA posts the Monday after the race weekend

Steviebee

QuoteCCE got attacked by a virus.  

Thats a cop out !!

r1owner

QuoteJeff, what you are proposing has been done. I designed a database and kept points all last season and made them available on my site. Other people have also offered to do this. One problem is that garbage in equals garbage out. You still need to get the results from CCS. They have been talking about working on their own software for a couple years now.

Man, I say screw CCE, I can write the software in a weekend to do this.  There wouldn't even have to be manual entry!  

All CCS would have to do is freaking go to the (not CCE's) website from a computer that has all the info on it, and upload two files!  The uploads would actually just be a button press, then browse to the file on their computer (nothing fancy for the user to do). One for the race results, and one for the points.  When the files come in, they automatically get parsed and update a database.  Results/Points are then immediately accessable via a web page.  Wouldn't take litterally more than 10 minutes (I bet) from a dialup for a race weekend.

I am not in any points race, but not posting points since July is just rediculous.

SliderPhoto

We're back to garbage in = garbage out. What needs to be done is to take CCS out of the loop. :P  ;D

My system parsed their output but still you have the same racer with different numbers, different racers with the same number, same racer with different names spelling, etc. It's not trivial, it did take more than ten minutes since I couldn't get their actual data files and key off some unique racer key.

Anyway, if you look back I believe you'll find a post from Kevin saying that CCE doesn't want anyone else posting their result info.

r1owner

QuoteWe're back to garbage in = garbage out. What needs to be done is to take CCS out of the loop. :P  ;D

My system parsed their output but still you have the same racer with different numbers, different racers with the same number, same racer with different names spelling, etc. It's not trivial, it did take more than ten minutes since I couldn't get their actual data files and key off some unique racer key.

Anyway, if you look back I believe you'll find a post from Kevin saying that CCE doesn't want anyone else posting their result info.

I see, I did like your setup last year, it was sweet...

what a clusterfuck....