News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DUMP THE POINTS PAGE

Started by Chef, September 15, 2003, 05:14:49 PM

tshort

QuoteThe Midwest CCS region is OWNED by CCS.  It is a pretty profitable region also.  So, it can't "break away."

Now, Nate, this all sounds nice, but the biggest thing that is necessary...

Money...

Contingency...

Without it, you can't rent the track, pay the insurance, pay the workers, etc.

No contingency, well, you'll have racers that can't show up.

Next, you've got to have things scheduled so that you can have the tire guys there and all.  And the dates are already taken for 2004.

The he!! it can't (break away) - if everyone is as disgruntled as the ones on this board, then all that has to happen is for there to be an alternative, and then let racers/teams vote with their feet.  If noone shows up at a CCS race, because there is an alternative that is more appealing, then does CCS have a region??

As far as all the difficulties/logistics - yes, it would be difficult - so what?  That's life.  If you don't like what you've got, do something about it, or shut up.  You think starting up a new country was easy?

As for dates in 04 being all booked up - that's fine - it would probably take a full year of getting things together before you could go live anyway.  But the fact remains:  WERA and CMRA (and others, I suspect) are real.  They exist.  They have figured it out.  Therefore, it *is* doable.  How bad do you want it?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

motomadness

DRU2

I don't put my two cents in two often. And if  you don't know me my name is Joe. I'm the newest Hustler. I would like to say that the racing is great and I love the sport and the people at the track  are great and always will help a fellow racer. I'm not going to say that we show stay with CCS or we should go, but the reason that I make the races that I can aford is the people and the racers at the track. This is my second year and the people on my team and the people at the track have become a home away from the daily grind of my work schedual! where a normal guy with a abnormal brain can come out and have some fun. My year this year has been less then perfect, but what ever is. I guess thats my question what ever is perfect? No matter where you go there will always be problems. I think the big problem is that theres no way for us to have a say so In the current program, And with the current problems that were force to swallow!

Chef

I like the people at CCS, but for the money that I fork over, AND for this REGION to be one of the more profitable ones for CCS It only takes TWO seasons for me to say ENUFF!

It's TOO much for TOO little!!!!!

my personality has grown (matured) to the place where I'm as passive as I can be!

I find this to work GREAT for me b/c when I get fed up, I can feel confident that I'm not just jumping TOO fast at anything or anyone. I had a bit of a HOTTHEAD as a teen/younger man.

I've read all of the VETERAN guys here, just call Super_Dave enuff for me, his CCS license goes back to the 80's  :o

Bottom line..
Ive seen enuff myself, in two seasons (hell, in one) to feel that my hard earned money, which leaves me broke (news flash, i live check to check) (big surprise, rite) Is not being spent well! Just doesnt seem--- scratch that, Im NOT getting my money's worth,
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
the WORST part of it is that The Stupid A$$ points page wont take MORE THAN a friggin MOMENT to fix, BUT WE'RE NOT WORTH IT ???????????????
yeah, blow me for the money that went towards what i havent received, FOR the frikkin transponders that WE bought for you! puhlease! everyone pay an extra 5 bucks per this, per that, and then we get threatened to pay for another if the one should happen to lay in a field somewhere after you break your arse....

I'M SICK OF IT.
cost me a Championship, "oh, but you shoulda been keeping your own points", yep, its my fault...
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Super Dave

Transponders/transmitters...

Well, it's all a new thing to us.  In SCCA, which would probably be the closest real example of what we do in another form of racing, the drivers have to pay for their transmitter.  They are like $300 each.  Knowing that we probably don't have that amound lying around, CCS bought the whole thing.  Additionally, if you wad it, they don't make you buy another.  Have to give Kevin and CCS credit for that.

Entry fees.  It is related to insurance and track rentals.  Yes, it would still be appropriate to have all the value added things that we expect...points, etc.

As for input, NOW is the time.  

I have some rules proposals.  I will write them and probably put them on my website when ready.  Then, a person can check them out, print them, sign them, send them to CCS.  Best we can do, and CCS would appreciate the input.  They have changed things based on input.  Might not have been the right direction based on their interpretation, but then again they did change some things back.  

I'll go off for a while, but then I will try to work within the programs that are available.
Super Dave

Chef

I'm pi$$ed, YES, but I am for progress.
If we need to get together and start our own r egion, count me IN,...If we need to get together and come up with the answers to FIX, FIX what we have, then count me in... I was thinking of going WERA novice next year, Idiotic, cuz i wanna be expert, but im in a spot, "theres a virus last week" what about the week or two before, and the months and years before....
shouldnt get an uprising from your customers, should treat em like you'd wanna be!

and again, the staff is TOO cool with me personally, but business is business... esp when im breaking myself, treat me like I'm spending your money..

I'm sorry to those who dont wanna hear it, ... really..
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Super Dave

I'm in agreement with you.

Let's see what we can do.  Got ideas...put 'em down.  Let's get them out there.  Be reasonably explicit, be reasonable, and be nice.  I think we can try.
Super Dave

WebCrush

CCS people told me that they don't even own the transponders, just a 2 year lease on them.

And gee, anyone hear how license rates went up again for 2004?

Super Dave

A lease on the ones that aren't destroyed.  I'm sure those have to be bought.

I don't think anyone has a license renewal, so how is there supposed to be info on that?
Super Dave

KBOlsen

John would like to see license renewals and RULEBOOKS available in November of the preceding year.  Somehow, NHRA manages to get it done.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Mark Bernard

Ok... I have been looking at this postings for the last 4 days. Obviously there are problems, frustrations, and headaches with CCS and more importantley CCE. I see alot of good gripes and some good solutions. What I see the problem to really be, is that there seems to be no one at CCE to hear our complaints and worse..no one to fix the problems the we have been complaining about. I have seen at least 3 good solutions to the points update, but we are just complaining to each other. Personally, I love this sport, the racers, fans, and the personell at CCS. you are all great people to know. I feel fortunate just to be on the track with all of you. Are there internal problems...yes! There always gonna be there to one extent or another. We just need a place to focus our (frustrations) at. And I'm not talking on this message board. Dave... who could everyone write to? Lets focus on getting our complaints and concerns heard by the people who can help the situation. Otherwise its just a page of words that go un heard by the ears that should be hearing all of this.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

CCSRacerX

I have been doing some research and here are some e-mail addresses that you can send your thoughts and comments to:

kevinelliott@clearchannel.com
tiffanyingram@clearchannel.com
lindahipps@clearchannel.com

I also found these e-mail addresses on some other CCE websites.  The following were on the dirt track website.

Vice Pres. mikekidd@clearchannel.com
Data Managment. nicolelewinn@clearchannel.com

I have been reading this for a couple of days now and just decided to register and post this info for us racers to tell them what we feel!

See ya at the track!