News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Missed BHF this weekend

Started by Jeff, September 08, 2003, 06:54:16 AM

Jeff

I am pretty bummed that I missed the final BHF weekend.  I hope everyone had a great and safe weekend, and look forward to the stories & recaps.

For the last few weeks I've been working like 16 hr days and then getting paged every 30 minutes in the few hours I'm not there..

I'm really hoping to make Gateway this weekend...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Noticed that you weren't there.  Someone dropped by me asking were you were....and I hadn't seen you.

Been kind of a long/short season for you, eh?  Long getting things together, and short...it's done...almost.

See you at Gateway.
Super Dave

motomadness

What were the fast lap times like?

Dawn

QuoteWhat were the fast lap times like?
Gateway or BHF?

Highlight for BHF...

Jessie Janish on his 600 ran a 1.11.880

Not a record but darn quick!

Dawn

PS:  Paul dipped into the 1.18's on his SV.  Only 3 seconds and a hundred pounds and perhaps we could compete with Ed Key!   ;D

DanO966

Everyone seemed to be going fast this weekend.  
My best this weekend 1:12.9
Turned 1:13.0xx s pretty much all weekend.  
I need to find a second somewhere...I NEED NOS!!  lol
I was on the bubble all weekend...
low /mid 12s pretty much was the pace.  
Ya Jessie was flying...1:11.8 is railing!
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

motomadness

1:11.88 !!!!   Amazing.  Jessie basically broke last year's lap record in his first outing on the 600 at BHF.  Imagine if his teammate Larry Denning were there.

Super Dave

We worked Jesse's set up Thursday, traded bikes, etc. to get it in the ball park.  The 1:11 was on Saturday.  Don't think he went faster on Sunday.  I was right behind at a 1:12.17...missed the 11 that I've been hunting for....but then I've got this bike that runs hot too.  Got to figure that out.

Jesse is a motorcycle racer through and through.  To get him to do fast times on any bike is a matter of allowing him the opportunity to ride it a bit and then work on doing some set up.  

If he starts thinking more about how the bike actually works, he'll go faster.
Super Dave

Jeff

QuoteBeen kind of a long/short season for you, eh?  Long getting things together, and short...it's done...almost.

True...  But it didn't have the pressure of last year when I was chasing points.  Now I can go out and try different things (like running HW classes or whatever).

In all, it's been a good season so far...  My goal was 1 piece of wood as an expert.  I doubled that the first weekend, and now I nabbed another piece on the new bike.  I'm running faster times every weekend, so things are going in the right direction.

Really looking forward to the next couple of weekends, and hoping the weather (and work) will be in line with my desires...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

mdr14

Jeff, I had your front fender , but since you were not there I donated it.

Kevin Gordon hit an 1:11.83 on sunday.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Jeff

QuoteJeff, I had your front fender , but since you were not there I donated it.

8) I know you're good for it  8)
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

lil_thorny

yeah, it was fun too, very competitive.
the faster amateurs were in the low 13's
with the exception of a couple of races, it was the fastest, smartest, most fun racing i've been involved
with. Kevin was cruisen on his 750. As far as Janish
is concerned, he should be in the 09's next year...
then on to AMA. I would except nothing less out of that kid. period. He is truly gifted. It was very fun to watch. I can't wait to race against him next year. you
could tell he was fast by the size of the bug guts splattered on his wind screen ;D
Benji #30

Super Dave

I think I'm buying Jesse a 50 pound back pack.  

Time to go on my weight loss program. :P

Jesse and I have really equal bikes, coming out of 4&6 with Dennings.  But I could tell how he just had more poop at the kink that I'm just porky.  And then there's the heat thing.  But those just don't work on the track, so I hope I can find something wrong with my bike this week.  And Jesse's fun to play with anyway.
Super Dave