Missed BHF this weekend

Started by Jeff, September 08, 2003, 06:54:16 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

So young man.  Can I have your autograph?  (Remember hero, I beat you once! ;D)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

J-Janisch

P.S.  Sorry I almost forgot.  I would like to take an extremely big Thank You to 4 & 6 Racing.  Jim, Shawn, & Ed took the time out of there very busy schudules to set up our awesome bike.  The Janisch's appreciate it greatly,  without them I wouldn't have had an R6 as good as it is.  The bike is awesome.

And doing 10's on sunday??  The only time I was going to go for it was in the Unlimited GP when it was cancelled.  My last lap when I was trying to catch Malterer was a 12.08 I believe.  So I was getting there, just had to get through some traffic.

Also I'd like to thank Dave Rosno for having his schools and letting riders like me come and work on things.  I'd also like to thank his instructers...Monte N, PJ, Tom, Mark, Steve, Russ, Kevin...sorry if I forgot anyone.

Thanks for your help everybody!

J-Janisch

Autograph Chris, I'm not that good, but for you.....anything!

Dawn

Jessie:

Your dad even got a round of applause in the paddock.  However I will let him tell you the circumstances around the ovation.  ;D

Dawn   :)

fourandsix

Thanks for all the congrats on last weekend at BHF.  It was a very good weekend.  Dave is right, on thursday we were struggling with some set up, when we got home dad was a little dissapointed because we had junked a tire in that track day

Jessie how many laps did you have on that Dunlop?.

J-Janisch

lil_thorny

Hey Jess,
 thank your mom for washing my air filter :D
and yer dad too for letting me use the compressor...
i also rinsed er in gas like he suggested. cleaned it up pretty good. I can't wait to follow you around next year. great job again this weekend. so give us your
thoughts on any differences between the SV and
the R6. which one is easier to ride?
Benji. #30

J-Janisch

Differences between the SV and the R6.  Well there both really fun to ride.  When riding the SV it doesn't really matter what you do with the throttle, you can pretty much just wick it open and you have if any no wheel spin.  On the R6 you have to have a lot of throttle control.  Mostly it's just the competition, in the 600 classes I now have like 5-6 Ed Key's instead of just 1.

It's really fun getting the chance to race verse all these really fast guys.  You never know what your going to learn from each one of them.  Many riders have different lines on the track so it's fun to learn what other riders are doing and pick up on that and try to make your racing lane faster.

I liked racing the SV classes because of Ed racing in them.  You can really learn so much from, just watching his ways of doing things.  I know I go home a lot and think about what he did differently then me and how he went faster through what turn and what he all did.

Roadracing is just simply a blast!!!!!

J-Janisch

After I posted that I realized I didn't really answer your question.  As for which one is easier to ride, I'd probably have to say the SV.  Because you don't have to worry about things like wheelspin.  You can just go out and give it your all.

lil_thorny

that's what i thought you'd say. i too learned more this year from riding behind the faster 750 guys.
you can't make mistakes if you want to hang with them! 5 Ed's?  oh man, i can't wait!!! now a Jesse
Janish to deal with too. This racing deal is going to have an entirely different feel next year. i'd like to see what you could do on Denning's R1.....i'm
thinken maybe 1:08.7.... sounds pretty good eh?
Jesse, you gonna be @ Daytona?
Benji. #30

J-Janisch

Daytona is still being discussed around our household as of right now.....I'd like to go and a lot of people told us we should because of all the good track time.  Which makes sense.  I'd like to see what kind of lap times I could do and also to see how I could finish starting a little waze back.

I think the final decision will be coming up quick because we have to start filling out the forms and making our schudules fit around the week.

Well I got to go to school now lol.

Super Dave

I wouldn't say that you get a lot of track time.  It's at a premium.  Yes, you'd be in the back, but for the FUSA races, you'd have to qualify, so your grid would be based on that.  I know that once you got the track figured out, you'd do really, really well.

Can't go myself.  Just too many financial issues involved.  Remind me that I need to write something for you, Benji, JJ and the other VRS riders that are going there...something to get you around the track a bit.  Won't make too much sense until you did a few laps, but I might help.
Super Dave