News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Missed BHF this weekend

Started by Jeff, September 08, 2003, 06:54:16 AM

the_weggie_man

Y'all forgot Jesse is riding with a broken collar bone also...... imagine when he's healthy.

Thursday was his first day on the bike, Saturday his first race day with it.

3 wins and 3 seconds on the 600, one win on the SV.

He's looking for sponsors ..........

TZ_Boy

Quoteyeah, it was fun too, very competitive.
the faster amateurs were in the low 13's
with the exception of a couple of races, it was the fastest, smartest, most fun racing i've been involved
with. ;Benji #30

Next time you stall your bike on the grid raise your hands.  You cost my boy 1 front Magnesium Marchesini rim when he a$$ packed you.

Super Dave

QuoteHe's looking for sponsors ..........

I think we'd help, but there's no money here...
 8)
Super Dave

fourandsix

QuoteY'all forgot Jesse is riding with a broken collar bone also...... imagine when he's healthy.

Thursday was his first day on the bike, Saturday his first race day with it.

3 wins and 3 seconds on the 600, one win on the SV.

He's looking for sponsors ..........

I have to agree , not bad for his first outing! he was less than a sec off Larry's 600 times. With another day under his belt at BHF he could make it into the 10's. His bike was also running on pump gas with a defective power commander.
The funny thing is that people were tellin him to get rid of the Hyperpro shock spring as the rising rate springs are no good. That statement is amazing as no one on a 600 went faster! The track record at BHF is held by Larry  on his R1 which has a rising rate spring. Buy the right products and they work, when properly set up.

Congrats to Jessie and his dad for a job well done!
Some of Jessie's sponsors: 4&6 Racing , Dunlop Tires , Hyperpro Suspension , Axxion Valves, G.M.D Computrack Chicago , Hindle Pipes.

fourandsix

QuoteI think we'd help, but there's no money here...
 8)
Yes but Dave your Help has been Invaluable!

Super Dave

QuoteYes but Dave your Help has been Invaluable!

Thanks, Jim.  And I send the same thanks to you, Shawn, and Ed.

Hyperpro for me.  Makes my bike easy to ride.  Had a couple of people give it a spin and they think it's nice and comfy.  It's like it should be...easy to ride.  If I just wouldn't have picked the wrong tire for MWSS and ULGP on Sunday...Oh well!

As for Jesse and the 10's...I wanted that for him Sunday, but he didn't need to, so that was fine.
Super Dave

Nate R

First outing? He's on an 03 R6 now, I take it?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

lil_thorny

yep i know and i feel bad. but iwas moving and the tip-over sensor shorted-out and before i could
think, bamm...but don't worry it eventually cought up with me as well shorting again discouraging the bike from shifting or engine breaking into T1
leaving me alone in the dirt...then again Sun
on the way to T2... sitting on the sidelines is no fun.
Racing is frustrating at times and people make mistakes....blaim who you must, i blaim a $28 dollar
sensor for my woes this weekend.
Benji. #30

Jeff

Quotei blaim a $28 dollar
sensor for my woes this weekend.

Amen brother...

But at least Honda was kind enough to allow mine to be bypassed by a simple jumper...

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Thingy

QuoteHad a couple of people give it a spin and they think it's nice and comfy.  

I rode it and I liked it...  Of course, I just assumed it was Dave's MoJo still with the bike! :D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

QuoteFirst outing? He's on an 03 R6 now, I take it?

Yup...same as mine, pretty much.  His is silver.
Super Dave

J-Janisch

Thanks for all the congrats on last weekend at BHF.  It was a very good weekend.  Dave is right, on thursday we were struggling with some set up, when we got home dad was a little dissapointed because we had junked a tire in that track day.  I really didn't know what to expect going into last weekend.  I was hoping for some top 5's.  To come out of the place with three wins was truely amazing.  I remember last year when we started Gordon, Doty, Purk, & Rosno were pretty much all my idols.  I couldn't believe how fast they all were.  Now being able to race with them and be competitive is truely an honor.

As for doing 9's, that will never happen from me on a 600 and I already asked dad about a 04' R1 and that didn't take him long to answer with a big NO.  So that kind of sucks.

As for going AMA next year, also I don't think it will happen.  We'd need to be on a team because otherwise its really way to expensive for me to be missing school and going all over America to race in places like California and Florida and all them.  Next year I think our plan is to be racing the Formula USA Series and also of coarse CCS local races when our schudule is open.

The reason we are planning on running the Formula USA Series is because of my roadracing/flattrack backround.  It's a good chance for us to get some good racing time in one weekend because they will be having some of the dirttrack races on the same grounds as the road.

So once again thanks everyone!