ccs website

Started by FormulaUSA, October 29, 2001, 10:15:10 AM

FormulaUSA

i am the marketing/pr wing for formula usa nrrs and ccs.  we are in the midst of revamping our website, what would you like to see available, other than having it consistently working... :D

any constructive criticism is appreciated.

www.formulausa.com

RickyRacer

A link to this message board.

Online event registration would be really nice.

How about more racer pics. And not just of the top riders either.

Maybe some way of matching up people's faces with their bikes with pics.

Add the new www.NorthFloridaMotorsportspark.com racetrack to the site. It looks like it will be on the schedule next season.

More motorcycle related news.

Maybe some short stories about the riders other than experts.

This ones not website related but since you're the marketing/pr person, I'll through it in.

Down in south Florida, I never see any of the races promoted. Moroso promotes the Drag Racing but I never see anything on CCS races. Homestead never promotes anything on CCS. Not even on their website.
If you're not in the motorcycle-racing circle, you won't know when any races are taking place.  I would like to see improved fan participation. Maybe if CCS could promote some of the races on local TV stations. CCS races should not be a secret.

An Email event mailing list might help to reduce cost verses sending out the paper version.  
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Eric Kelcher

Hi P.M.
Well seperate out CCS from the rest of the Clear Channel motorsports stuff maybe roadracing can all be together but no pop-ups of theater or concerts we are there for the racing info the cross promotion is very one sided from what I see. We get hit for other events but other entertainment is not hit with roadracing.
The results should be easier to find and using acrobat for the rulebook makes it easy to print but hard to use for reference on web; maybe two versions?
Contingency info sucks need amounts classes dates qualifications and links to contingency sponsors.

And last speed the site up fewer graphics and more info/speed is better IMO
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

TightSqueeze

1. The ability to select a racer, and see every event, every race, and every finish they had for the entire season.

Having to compile this info at the end of every weekend, quarter, and year is a real PITA.  This would be a great service to the racer and the racer's sponsor(s).

i.e.

Steve Clark, Ex #167, Mid-Atlantic
Sponsor(s): Fast Lane Cycles, Ram Raceswares, ...

3/12 Summit Point
  LW SS - 1st
  LW SB - 1st
  LW GP - 1st
  HW Sportsman - 1st
  GT Lights - 1st

4/18 Roebling Road
  LW SS - 1st
  LW SB - 1st
  LW GP - 1st
  HW Sportsman - 1st
  GT Lights - 1st

(obviously, you'd want to dump the info using HTML <table>, but you get the gist.)

2. Schedules searchable by track, date range, region, and manufacturers contingency.

See (http://www.tightsqueezeracing.org/schedulesearch.asp for an example)

3. A link to the TSR Injury Fund
http://www.tightsqueezeracing.org/InjuryFund.htm

kangasj

quote:

TightSqueeze

Also, the ability to see that same data, per racer, but per class

Steve Clark, Ex 16, Mid-Atlantic
LW SS - 130 Total Points
3/12 Summit Point, 1st, 65 Points
4/18 Roebling Road, 1st, 65 Points

LW SB ...

You know, real database-like stuff that searchable and displayed in many different formats.

Bender

I have to agree with Steve on this.  The website could definitely use some database development.  With the Cold Fusion engine that SFX is using for the website, they could even go so far as to create a database that could display results over multiple seasons, showing the progression of a rider's career.  We're using Cold Fusion here at my company for our Intranet, so I've seen some of its' capabilities.

This is a bit off-topic, but I'd also like to comment on the promotional development in local markets for CCS races.  For the last three years as a CCS racer, I've often wondered why there hasn't been ANY advertisement in local markets to promote and improve public awareness of motorcycle racing.  SFX does an excellent job of promoting the Arenacross series (at least in my market), but I've NOT ONCE heard of any CCS promotion.  The entire time I was in Daytona for Biketoberfest, I heard ONE commercial on the radio promoting the event, and that's our NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES.

I lived in the area around Blackhawk Farms Raceway most of my life and I never even knew bike races were held there until I met a rider from the area that raced there.  Can't improve fan attendance if they're not aware of the races!!   ;)

I have to be honest when I say that, as a racer, I haven't seen any of the "advantages" that were supposed to come from being added to the SFX family.  I'm sure that they have some great plans for the future.  I'm very anxious to hear any comments that CCS or SFX officials may have...
Mike Bender
Millennium Racing
CCS EX#216
NESBA Control Rider

Mahly

UPDATES UPDATES and more UPDATES!  News that is new. How about a link to www.sliderphoto.com He has MOST of the riders pics (at least in the Mid-west, Great Plains regions)
A page telling us who IS the new champion for each class/region
CCS MW EX #113

Mahly

Speaking of updates...how about the standings for midwest gets fixed, as well as posting the results for the last Blackhawk event.
Oh yeah, there is a link for regional champions, but it only shows TRACK champions....not regional (by class) champs.
Hey, When is the banquet going to be?
CCS MW EX #113

FullMoonRacing

Just being updated more than 2-3 times per season would be a vast improvement!  

G_2_G

Yeah I would have to agree with alot of the guys here in the midwest region they need to update the standing after every race.  It is total B.S. when you cannot even give you sponsors an updated copy of the points after each race.  It is usless when they update the point every three months.  We lose sponsors cuz of that and if we lose sponsers you lose racers which means you lose money.  I don't think you are in business to lose money are you.  I also agree with Steve Clark that would be nice to find that info on any racer in CCS to compare results and find out what you are up against.  About promoting CCS I have seen billboards with ccs schedules in motorcycle shops so I think that helps alot but maybe ads on the radio or some type of free tickets given out at shops to get people there.  Once they come they will see what it is all about and maybe bring friend next time or even like what they see and become a racer themselves.  Just my thoughts...

andy

Many of us CCS racers would appreciate timely updates on race results and standings.
Links to other racing organizations is also crucial as many of us race in more than 1 series.
Pics of the race officials and selected racers would be interesting.   Links to the racetracks were events are scheduled would also be of much help along with contact names & contacts options for the CCS officials that are attending the events.