News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ccs website

Started by FormulaUSA, October 29, 2001, 10:15:10 AM

Rich Desmond

Basically, the screen is way too busy and confusing. Couple that with very slow results posting and there isn't much reason to ever go there. For a good example of the right way to do it check out the CMRA's board at www.cmraracing.com. Simple, clear layout, everthing you need is right there, and the results and points are always done very soon, often the next day. I realize you guys have other priorities, trying to promote all the other crap that Clear Channel owns, but I'd much rather have a CCS-specific site.

Mahly

::) STILL waiting for midwest regional points updates!
How about some info on the awards banquets?
CCS MW EX #113

Papa_Thiam

I'd ask for results posted in a timely fashion, but I believe this has been mentioned once or twice.   ;)

Seeing the race schedules only as early as you guys have them available would be nice too. Some of us decide what we're racing based on when it's scheduled (e.g. if it's 6 hours away, I won't stick around for race #15).

Online registration would be absolutely awesome. Especially if it's done well, meaning in a way that maximizes convenience. I think that if you guys set this up properly, it will benefit not just the racers, but also the folks at CCS handling registrations.

I think one of the great advantages of having an online presence is the ability to spread information practically in real time, and CCS has failed miserably (no offense, just being realistic) at that this season. It would really be great if you guys could fix this next year.

Papa A. Thiam

Mid-Atlantic Amateur (til December :)) #808

FormulaUSA

I just wanted to let you all know that I am listening and updating the website as your responses flow in.  We appreciate the feedback, your input is exactly what we are looking for in this effort.  Some of the ideas expressed so far, like the cold-fusion, database style website are in the works.  you will be able to search and actually find, ( I know, hard to believe, right...), virtually anything you can imagine by entering the class, region, race track, date, racer number, first or last name, etc.  It is taking some time to develop a system that works and is directly correlated to our results and points system.  Next year, results and points will be posted as soon as they are entered into the computer, instead of when we return from the races.  
Please check the Points and Results, I believe they are posted finally.  We will also have regional banquet info asap.  The Midwest banquet is scheduled and you may call Stacey Clark in the Ft. Worth office for specific details - 817-332-4822.

Thank you for your patience and dedication.  

Sincerely -

Mike Murphy - Formula USA CCS, NRRS, AX, FMX

Mahly

;D Woohoo!!! Now if only the link to regional champs was for ALL the regional champs, not just the track champs, we'd be in business!!!
Thanx for listening...AND doing

JM Lt Sportsman champ  (Great plains/mid-west)  8)
CCS MW EX #113

corien

i didn't have time to read all the previous comments so forgive me if this is already mentioned.

let me use an example. the nice thing about the lrrsracing.com web site is that they load the raceresults in pdf format immediately after the raceresults are final which usually is sunday night. so when you are done racing and arrive at work on monday morning you can spend your time looking at all the race results, compare times and see your standing. the site might be butt ugly but the functionality and updates are very timely, which make me go back to it over and over.

have a section for photographs and don't just post the same riders (read top three fastest) over and over again. that is very boring. promote the photographers, they do alot for our sport. we are all ego maniacs!

web sites for racing organizations have the advantage that their users are fanatics and are hungry for information. any information concerning their racing world, it would be a shame to not use this to your advantage.

corien

ecumike

Yes, most of the photographs and race report for VIR and Summit point, are mine (Michael Santelia).  I shot about 10 rolls per race day (yea, I still use film, unlike my soon-to-be brother-in-law, Ryan Schlagheck, who shoots digital)  Yea, I'll admit, I ended up taking photos of the top 5 or so ex. & am. for each race, and only gave Mike some of the better photos from those b/c there were so many.  

During the latter half of the season, Mike talked about doing like a 'racer/team' spotlight write-up for each race; highlighting maybe a newcomer, or top amateur/expert, or whatever.  I thought it was a great idea, and was planning on doing this, but with the cancellations and such, I never really got an opportunity to do so.

So my suggestion, Mike, would be to do what you had mentioned this year... some sort of racer/team spotlight/interview section for the races, ...similar to the NRRS profile pages.  And photos of more than just  the top riders.  I would be more than willing to cover the races again for VIR and Summit (when I can get up there) next year.

funksouljon

I like the idea of race team write ups etc like ecumike mentioned.
Is there a site hit counter? I have been asked how many people or how often information would be viewed, for sponsor visibility.
More articles and writeups about race weekends. Can anyone submit, what is the story with that?
All the information being updated more rapidly (upcoming 2002 schedule?).
Smaller blurbs on the main page linked to main story would allow more individual articles in the same amount of space. Does an link to archived articles exist?
Also, the "welcome to 2001" is dead. Perhaps a 2002 welcome is in order.  ;)
Overall I like the CCS site, but don't seem to have a need to return to it more than once every 10 days, nothing new to read.
Was it here last season that had the Zero to Hero incentive program. Was it effective enough to repeat?

FormulaUSA

some website stats to chew on...

SFX Motorsports.com -
268,944 - 722,353 hits per week between Sept 16 - Nov 3.
28,109 - 48,027 unique users per week in the same time period.
Total 2001 hits 12,974,121 with 686,076 unique users.
2000 = 6,539,736 / 679,833.  1999 = 7,808,780 / 201,141.

Formula USA .com
455,223 hits w/ 5,329 users - 782,028 hits w/ 10,270 users between Sept 16 - Nov 3.
18,420,828 total hits in 2001 with 246,874 unique users compared to 340,588 hits from 19,343 users in 2000.

CCS . com had a total of 96,023 hits from 59,947 users in 2001 compared to 79,351 hits from 10,827 in 2000.  (This may be skewed due to the change over from the original CCS web site.

Total Motorcycle Road Racing web site numbers in 2001?
18,516,851 hits from 306,821 unique users.

XSBA had 99,236 hits from 7,911 users.

Admin

Well, perhaps I'm biased, but I'd like to see a link to the message board.  Heck, it doesn't even have to be this one, but someplace for people to meet and interact.  For me, that was the one thing that got me into motorcycle racing in the first place.

Second, I'll agree that the site seems too busy, and CCS seems second rate to ClearChannel and FormulaUSA.  When I first was getting started, I was never sure that I was in the right place.

Third, I think there needs to be more information for "newbies".  Someone already mentioned that the "Welcome to 2001" is broken.  Maybe some articles about your someones first time at the track, links to the motorcycles roadracing faq, links to the message board ;) .

Shawn

mike

shawn -

just for the record, i have tried twice to get in touch with you and would be happy to develop a link to this forum.  however, i have yet to recieve a return email stating that you wanted to do this.  

i think it is extremely important to hear from the people who make our sport what it is and what it can be - i am dedicated to make ccs, nrrs, and formulausa to be the easiest sport to be a part of, whether as a racer or a spectator.

i look forward to it.

mike

Admin

Mike,
Not sure why I didn't receive any emails from you, but
I'll get in touch with you later today.

Shawn