News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What would you have done?

Started by 1fastmofo, July 30, 2003, 10:48:14 AM

1fastmofo

>:( I'm so mad right now I can barely see straight, so I'll try to be as understandable as possible. Sorry for being of topic as well.

I just took lunch break with a friend of mine here at work that I ride with. The two of us were at a stoplight in the left hand turning lane. The turn left arrow turned green and we proceeded into the intersection. From behind and to the right of us this black dude in an Escalade on his cell phone (no hands free) speeds up and turns left in front of us. We never saw him coming.

He turned left from the straight only lane. So, I layed on the horn because I had to brake really hard so I didn't get run over by his tank of a vehicle.

So he moves over into the right lane and we pass him. I look over at him to "surprise" see he's on a cell phone. He then speeds up next to us and hits the brakes so we're going the same speed. Mother F'er pulls over into my lane trying to hit us.

I snapped and lost my F'ing mind. I punched his mirror as hard as I could. It folded forward, back, forward and then back again. I hope that I broke it. So then I dropped the hammer and got out of there.

My friend dropped back and watched as this guy pulled into the center turning lane to chase me down the road. He gets caught in traffic that's trying to turn left. He waits until the light turns green and the other traffic clears, and waits for my friend. As my friend drives by he pulls out into his lane and tries to hit him.  >:(

What I did was probably wrong, but if you're going to assault me with a deadly weapon, you better expect me to do something about it. Ok, I'm giong to try and calm down now.

What would you have done?

tigerblade

Did you get his license plate #?  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Dawn

Well, I can understand why you were upset.  It happens to all of us.  BUT.....  You are messing with a vehicle that has a curb weight, 5,903 lbs.  I know its not fair and it's darn stupid what the guy did, but what you did could have gotten you killed.

When on a motorcycle, or even in my car, I will not blow my horn or make defensive or agressive moves.  You don't know when your going to run across a person with a gun, or in your case a much larger vehicle, that could seriously hurt you or kill you.  

What would I have done.....  Well, probably chalked it up as another a-hole on the road.  However, since he did try and hit you I would have found the nearest public place and called the police.

Dawn   :-/

1fastmofo

Unfortunately I didn't get his plate number and I realize that what I did was wrong, but not nearly as wrong as 2 separate counts of vehicular assault, or assault with a deadly weapon. Which ever you like best.

Next time, I will just try to leave the situation. This happens so many times on the street I just couldn't take it any more.

dwilson

Calling the Police is useless.  Unless he actually hit you they won't even talk to him.  Even if he did hit you all he has to say is he didn't see you or that you cut him off.  The law is just starting to recognize it's short comings for situations like this and is *slowly* changing.

I think I would have done the same thing.  I use to know a guy who could kick a side mirror off a car while in motion, I never sae hi do it though  ::)

MELK-MAN

the old addage.. if you and a someone else are running from a Lion in the forest..you dont have to run fast.. just faster that the other person! ;D
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Tezboogie

I would first kill all the black dudes that have cell phones who want Escalades, that way you would eliminate all future problems with them . I would then kill all the black dudes with cells phones that own Escalades. I would then give all the Escalades that used to be owned by the dead black dudes, to all the White dudes who want Escalades that also own cell phones.
That would solve all of your problems.

Tez
                EX#3

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Zippy

You can't argue with a loony, so I probably would have let him go.

If you get the plate, you can ask the police to talk to him, and they probably will do it.  They can go find them at home, and pay them a social call.  They would probably not be cited for anything, but it still goes on their police record like a warning would.

I did that once when a car full of teenagers intentionally cut me off in my car and then laughed about it.  I was really angry, because they would have rammed me if I had not been on top of things.

1fastmofo

QuoteI would first kill all the black dudes that have cell phones who want Escalades, that way you would eliminate all future problems with them . I would then kill all the black dudes with cells phones that own Escalades. I would then give all the Escalades that used to be owned by the dead black dudes, to all the White dudes who want Escalades that also own cell phones.
That would solve all of your problems.
         Tez
                EX#3

:o Wow I hope you're not incinuating that I am a racist. I reported what happened to me, that is all. When I said "SUPRISE" he was on a cell phone, I was referring to his idiotic behavior behind the wheel, caused by him talking on the phone. NOT his skin color!  ???

I'm not sure what you meant by your post, but I didn't appreciate it. I'm asking for what others would do when forced into my position. Period.

G1K@work

I would have done the same thing.... even thought I know it could have worse consequences... like now we gotta look over our shoulder every time we're in that vacinity to make sure some fool isn't about to try to create a motorcycle hood ornament.

Pardon the spelling.

R

KBOlsen

The guy was driving like a dickhead.  The color of his skin was irrelevant but you did mention it.  Hence, the offense.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?