4&6RACING ROBBERS

Started by AM125IKE, June 05, 2002, 10:47:53 AM

AM125IKE

:-[  >:( :o ??? :-/ :'(
I DONT KNOW!!!  MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND....
IS EVERY SERVICE CENTER ONLY IN RACING BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT CAN BE, AND SUBSEQUENTLY THEY WILL COLLECT?!?!?!
   WELL, 4&6 RACING IN SKOKIE ILLINOIS HAS BY FAR, TAKEN THE CAKE . PERIOD .
QWIKLY; I DROPPED MY 2000 F4 OFF TO HAVE SPOOLS WELDED ON FOR MY REAR STAND (SWING ARM) SHAWN AT 4&6 RETURNS MY CALL FROM A MESSAGE I LEFT, SAYS " IT'S READY, WE'VE ONLY GOTTA PUT YOUR AIR BOX AND TANK BACK ON, AND OH YEAH, YOUR'E GONNA HAVE TO GET ANOTHER WIND SCREEN, BECAUSE WE BROKE IT.  :o .........................HE SEZ "HELLO?"  ,I SAY "YEAH, IM HERE," HE GOES " IT WAS CRACKED ALREADY", IN DISBELIEF, I SAY "YOU BROKE MY BOUBLE BUBBLE?!?!, AND TELL ME I GOTTA GET ANOTHER, HOW DO YOU WORK ON THE REAR OF THE BIKE AND BREAK THE FRONT END???", ... WELL WE SETTLED ON HALF (DUE TO MY WILLINGNESS TO SETTLE QWIKLY, AS I SAID, HE TOLD ME THAT I'D HAVE TO GET ANOTHER, DIDNT OFFER ANY CLAIM TO FAULT, BUT DID GO ON TO SAY "WELL, WE HAVE TO LEAN THE BIKE WAAAY OVER TO WELD THE SWING-ARM)(YOU COULD TAKE IT OFF, OR LEAN IT MORE RESPONSIBLY OR MORE STABLE)...... NEXT THING IS, I WASNT ABLE TO PICK UP THE BIKE, SO WHEN I GOT TO THE TRACK I NOTICE MY LEFT SIDE REARSET IS BROKEN SO THAT IT DOESNT GUARD MY BOOT FROM THE CHAIN ANYMORE, AGAIN I LEAVE A MESSAGE AND GET A CALL BACK, NOW FOR THIS, IM TOLD THAT SOMEONE ELSE IN THE SHOP NOTICED THAT IT WAS BROKEN WHEN IT CAME IN    >:(  THEY ARE BRAND NEW ...........SO I HANG UP THE PHONE, I MISSED THREE RACES SATURDAY TO FIND OUT THAT MY FUEL FILTER IS CLOGGED, AND I FIND AN AFTER MARKET HOSE FROM FUEL PUMP TO TANK, ASK 4&6 AND THEY SAY THE ORIGINAL WAS LEAKING AND THEY HAD TO REPLACE IT,SEZ "THE LEAK COULD'VE HAPPENED WHILE TAKING OFF AND ON" ...QUES: ANYONE THINK THAT MY FILTER GOT CLOGGED DUE TO SOMETHING AT THAT SHOP?
BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT DURING THE WEEKEND OF MAY 18/19 THIS SAME BIKE TOOK ME (THRU 6 RACES) FROM 79TH PLACE OVERALL (MIDWEST) TO 31ST.....IT WAS WORKING LIKE I COULD ONLY DREAM, ..... SO I GO ON TO RUN A STRAIT HOSE TO THE TANK ON SUNDAY MORNING AND END UP WITH A COMPLETED RACE 1, BUT MISS THE NEXT TWO DUE TO A FUEL SHUT-OFF RELAY (TWICE),( I COULDNT MAKE A HOT LAP ON 5 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS JUNE 1,2ND),.
MY PIT WANTED TO USE A BETTER REAR STAND, I WAS TOLD BY 4&6 THAT THEY'D CHARGE ME 60 OR 70 BUCKS, BUT AFTER KILLING MY BIKE, THEY SAID "$106.50" PLUS THE HALF ($40) ON MY BROKEN WIND SCREEN.
 :-[  I HATE BEING STUPID >:(  

TZDeSioux

I live 15 minutes from their shop and have been in there no more than 0 times. Geeez I wonder why. I feel for you. That sucks ass. Have you talked to the owner?

TZDeSioux

Oh by the way.. if they were only welding on spools... what the hell was the gas tank and air box off for? Or did you have other work done as well?

sportbikepete

By no means am I defending them but any welding in a legit shop is going to force the gas tank to be removed do to risk of fire/explosion. And since the airbox can hold fumes that may be the reason it was removed. Again not defending it sounds like you got the royal on this.

TZDeSioux

QuoteBy no means am I defending them but any welding in a legit shop is going to force the gas tank to be removed do to risk of fire/explosion. And since the airbox can hold fumes that may be the reason it was removed. Again not defending it sounds like you got the royal on this.

True.. I forgot about the flammable aspects of a fuel :D

CBRman93

OUCH! I hate hearin' when a fellow racer gets screwed. I haven't had that pleasure yet but I limit my business with dealers as much as possible. Sometimes, like in your case, it is almost unavoidable.
I will go on to say that maybe looking around for someone who has experience doing jobs like that can save some time and money, and possible heartbreak. Of course finding someone with a TIG welder and the know how could be hard.

Anyway, sorry to hear that.

Gixxer124

QuoteTrue.. I forgot about the flammable aspects of a fuel :D

Hmmm.....someone forgetting something about fuel. Where have I heard that before? :P

ysr612

you do have to take the batt ground strap off.  A fire blanket over the bike is all that is needed for the spools.  

am125ike

jeff
       JeF4y
       Administrator

Re:4&6RACING/ROBBERS
                     « Reply #1 on: June 5, 2002, 02:03:39 pm »

I was there and helped Mike through all this.  Personally I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Things that I saw COMPLETELY unacceptable.

1.  The welds are ridiculously poor.  They should have welded blocks on the bottom of the swingarm and tapped
                 them to mount the spools, but noooooo they weld the spools to the sides of the swingarm.  I haven't seen this bike
                 on a spooled stand, but bet there will be problems because the spools are mounted so high on the bike.

2.  The broken windscreen was complete crap.  The response should have been "we're sorry we broke your
                 windscreen.  It was already cracked, but we will replace it anyway" and charge full price for the spool labor.

3.  Broken rearset is completely unacceptable.  The bike was dropped on both sides, there's no doubt in my mind.

4.  I don't know WHAT they were doing or thinking by pulling the tank and leaving the VAPOROUS carbs wide
                 open!  I had my stuff welded on with the bike full of gas, sitting straight up and down and all I needed to do was
                 pull off the battery wire, the R/R wires and ICM!  

5.  They removed the spark plugs for reasons unknown.  Ike had problems with the bike running, and we found
                 ALL 4 spark plugs FINGER TIGHT!  After tightening, we believe that the #2 hole is stripped.

All in all, it was the poorest excuse for any kind of labor I've seen.  I don't know Ike other than our association at
                 the track, but this was such B.S. that it had me angry for 2 days.

I'd really like to know what exactly they did to the bike and why...

(oh yeah, Ike, take those caps off man   )
                                                      Report to moderator   Logged

-JeF4y (Jeffery Kufalk)
                 www.cbr600f4.com //URL

TZDeSioux

QuoteHmmm.....someone forgetting something about fuel. Where have I heard that before? :P

hey now... the only reason I ran out of fuel twice in one day is because I was conserving fuel since I only had enough for 3 races and a practice or two. So quit bustin my chops!   ;)

Gixxer124

Jim Rashid

:-[  >:( :o ??? :-/ :'(
I DONT KNOW!!!  MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND....
IS EVERY SERVICE CENTER ONLY IN RACING BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT CAN BE, AND SUBSEQUENTLY THEY WILL COLLECT?!?!?!
   WELL, 4&6 RACING IN SKOKIE ILLINOIS HAS BY FAR, TAKEN THE CAKE . PERIOD .
QWIKLY; I DROPPED MY 2000 F4 OFF TO HAVE SPOOLS WELDED ON FOR MY REAR STAND (SWING ARM) SHAWN AT 4&6 RETURNS MY CALL FROM A MESSAGE I LEFT, SAYS " IT'S READY, WE'VE ONLY GOTTA PUT YOUR AIR BOX AND TANK BACK ON, AND OH YEAH, YOUR'E GONNA HAVE TO GET ANOTHER WIND SCREEN, BECAUSE WE BROKE IT.  :o .........................HE SEZ "HELLO?"  ,I SAY "YEAH, IM HERE," HE GOES " IT WAS CRACKED ALREADY", IN DISBELIEF, I SAY "YOU BROKE MY BOUBLE BUBBLE?!?!, AND TELL ME I GOTTA GET ANOTHER, HOW DO YOU WORK ON THE REAR OF THE BIKE AND BREAK THE FRONT END???", ... WELL WE SETTLED ON HALF (DUE TO MY WILLINGNESS TO SETTLE QWIKLY, AS I SAID, HE TOLD ME THAT I'D HAVE TO GET ANOTHER, DIDNT OFFER ANY CLAIM TO FAULT, BUT DID GO ON TO SAY "WELL, WE HAVE TO LEAN THE BIKE WAAAY OVER TO WELD THE SWING-ARM)(YOU COULD TAKE IT OFF, OR LEAN IT MORE RESPONSIBLY OR MORE STABLE)...... NEXT THING IS, I WASNT ABLE TO PICK UP THE BIKE, SO WHEN I GOT TO THE TRACK I NOTICE MY LEFT SIDE REARSET IS BROKEN SO THAT IT DOESNT GUARD MY BOOT FROM THE CHAIN ANYMORE, AGAIN I LEAVE A MESSAGE AND GET A CALL BACK, NOW FOR THIS, IM TOLD THAT SOMEONE ELSE IN THE SHOP NOTICED THAT IT WAS BROKEN WHEN IT CAME IN    >:(  THEY ARE BRAND NEW ...........SO I HANG UP THE PHONE, I MISSED THREE RACES SATURDAY TO FIND OUT THAT MY FUEL FILTER IS CLOGGED, AND I FIND AN AFTER MARKET HOSE FROM FUEL PUMP TO TANK, ASK 4&6 AND THEY SAY THE ORIGINAL WAS LEAKING AND THEY HAD TO REPLACE IT,SEZ "THE LEAK COULD'VE HAPPENED WHILE TAKING OFF AND ON" ...QUES: ANYONE THINK THAT MY FILTER GOT CLOGGED DUE TO SOMETHING AT THAT SHOP?
BUT PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT DURING THE WEEKEND OF MAY 18/19 THIS SAME BIKE TOOK ME (THRU 6 RACES) FROM 79TH PLACE OVERALL (MIDWEST) TO 31ST.....IT WAS WORKING LIKE I COULD ONLY DREAM, ..... SO I GO ON TO RUN A STRAIT HOSE TO THE TANK ON SUNDAY MORNING AND END UP WITH A COMPLETED RACE 1, BUT MISS THE NEXT TWO DUE TO A FUEL SHUT-OFF RELAY (TWICE),( I COULDNT MAKE A HOT LAP ON 5 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS JUNE 1,2ND),.
MY PIT WANTED TO USE A BETTER REAR STAND, I WAS TOLD BY 4&6 THAT THEY'D CHARGE ME 60 OR 70 BUCKS, BUT AFTER KILLING MY BIKE, THEY SAID "$106.50" PLUS THE HALF ($40) ON MY BROKEN WIND SCREEN.
 :-[  I HATE BEING STUPID >:(  

I am truly amazed by the power of the internet , it gives any uninformed or unintelligent person a wonderful place to spew their trash.

First off we did not remove the airbox or your spark plugs , this is not needed to weld spools on. The windscreen was cracked as whoever is the idiot that put  the clip ons on doesn't know how to position them properly left them with no clearance to the upper fairing and windscreen.

The left rearset was cracked as i noticed that when i went to put the ground clamp on .

The fuel line was cracked when we removed it but that is from it being removed improperly several times before we even touched your bike.

yes we did offer to split the cost of the windscreen which is more than we should of due to your stupidity as far as your bar mounting.

If you don't want to do business with us thats fine , go ahead and flame us all day on here and for all of you other's that jump on ike's bandwagon go ahead.

if you want to race it cost's money , i am not here to support your hobby or fufill your fantasies about Troy Bayliss.

Things cost what they cost , if you want it for free thats why it is a pile of crap when your done.

Please feel free to bash me some more!

Jim