News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

4&6RACING ROBBERS

Started by AM125IKE, June 05, 2002, 10:47:53 AM

sportbikepete

This thread is like herpies, it just won;t go away.  :P

actiontek

Come on guys, this has gone far enough. 4 & 6, jjust make the deal right. I certainly don't know what happened but to have you do this to any customer is just not worth it. Everyone, including me, would not use your service because of this. Try, off the board, to get together with the customer and work this out. I have met you guys at Daytona before and you appear to be honorable men. But this is not honorable. Again , I don't know the details but this post has gone on way too long. End it and move on, please. :-/

Steve Karson

QuoteTry, off the board, to get together with the customer and work this out.  Again , I don't know the details but this post has gone on way too long.

>:(
Why don't you suggest that to Ike , who is the one that went to a public forum to accuse 4&6? He didn't try anything but to flame 4&6 on this board. From the first post and the post from jeff it sounds like the bike was not maintained properly and they want to blame 4&6 for it. This is common in any repair shop that the customer brings in a vehicle for one type and due to the poor condition of the vehicle other things need repair but the customer blames it on the shop.  
I agree this post has gone on too long, It should never have been started by Ike. He should take responsibility for his own poor maintainence, not blame someone else.

And to call 4&6 robbers on a public forum is just childish and wrong.

amike125

:-/
steve, you must not have read it all, i tried to talk to 4&6, and they told me my windcreen was cracked, and it was, i know that, (tell me, does that mean they have to go ahead and break it???)
 but they told me that my rearset was broken also (but not til i saw it), only to change that later (on this forum) and say that it was cracked when they first saw it. the rearsets were new, and i hadnt drop'd my bike, and i have no clue how my rearset could have gotten cracked, and you may have read that they offered to split the windscreen fee but they did not! i had to tell them that i would get another ( but i thought that good costumer service would be them spliting the bill, and they said ok, i didnt find out about my rearset till i got to the track ( and you want me to be childish, but what do you refer to that type of dealing, where they already know about the broken rearset( it broke in their shop) but they mention the windscreen to me, and maybe i wont notice the rearset  ;) and they wont have to even go through the conversation, they'll be out of that  ;D ............

my motives were to let anyone who was reading, know how i was treated at 4&6, they robbed me of a part of my manhood, they treated me like a fool (in my opinion) and it was only for a hundred dollars or so, and yes, i hope that this thread cost's them a hundred dollars or so, im not into ruining anyone, but as i wrote before, "what am i to do?"  realy, what could i do ???
i cant force them to split the bill, i realy cant prove that any of it happened at their shop, i can only depend on them being upstanding businessmen and agree with me on a split, or even take full blame for the rearset, but when i talked to shawn at 4&6 from the racetrack and i asked him about my rearset,
(you read it) he said, "the guy,jim, in the back, noticed that it was "broken" when it came in"............... >:(  :-X ...............
and because im not childish, steve, i hung up the phone on him.......
i know those were just installed !!!  whatthefuk ???
everyone that ive met at the track has been unbelievably helpful to me as a total stranger (i maybe spoiled) i just started 3/23 and it's just been extremely humbling, the companionship that ive seen and experienced at the track ( AND THANX TO EVERYONE WHO KNOWS I APPRECIATE THEM, AGAIN)
i havent been able to stop thanking people (strangers that ive met) since i was leaving chicago on my way to gateway, i pulled my own bike, but was offered a ride and to be put up for the weekend, but when i go to the shop,
and i know they get busy, im new to racing, but the newness stops there, i was just looking to be taken care of, and .......oh, we broke this.............. no mention of breaking that, til i notice it, then oh, it was broke already,.............. then, in public "oh that ragged rearset was cracked, ...................well which was it???????        and if cracked, what does it take to keep it cracked (and not broken)    
steve, i dont know where you come from, but i am displeased at being taken as a fool, im not stupid.  i tried to address it with them, and they ducked it.
so i chose to let it go public, im not going to try to approach them again, and thats because i am comfortale in being in the right,   along with the fact that ive been taken before, and for more than they've taken me for, and ive survived it. so i know that its gonna be ok, im gonna race, and that's what matters to me, i know that racers fall, and im prob gonna buy a few windscreen/rearsets,
thay dont want to take fault at 4&6, i let their peers decide..........you and 4&6 can say that my bike was or is poorly maintained, and you can say it loud, it wont bother me, cuz i'll be racing...........
   and everyone who wishes this would go away, forgive me, but i just couldnt resist responding to steve, and thanx steve for your opinion, i realy welcome it, as i am able to voice mine...... 8)

bullet wish i was riding

;)keep speaking your mind ike your waking up a lot of people u go blade!!!!!!!!

Steve Karson

because im not childish, steve, i hung up the phone on him.......

Yeah, hanging up on someone instead of discussing the problem is not childish at all. ::)  

you and 4&6 can say that my bike was or is poorly maintained, and you can say it loud, it wont bother me, cuz i'll be racing...........

I know alot of people that race poorly maintained bikes, it just proves they don't want to do the hard work it requires to race and they are willing to race junk. They spend more time on bbs's than they do working on their bikes and then they wonder why they are having such a rough time at the track.

You can write as many paragraphs as you want, I still think it is childish to assume you will get nowhere talking to the owner about the problem and then go calling them names and bashing them in public.

they robbed me of a part of my manhood,

No they didn't, they just proved you are not a man yet by not resolving the problem but whinning about it in public.

am125ike

Quotebecause im not childish, steve, i hung up the phone on him.......
Yeah, hanging up on someone instead of discussing the problem is not childish at all. ::)  
you and 4&6 can say that my bike was or is poorly maintained, and you can say it loud, it wont bother me, cuz i'll be racing...........
I know alot of people that race poorly maintained bikes, it just proves they don't want to do the hard work it requires to race and they are willing to race junk. They spend more time on bbs's than they do working on their bikes and then they wonder why they are having such a rough time at the track.
You can write as many paragraphs as you want, I still think it is childish to assume you will get nowhere talking to the owner about the problem and then go calling them names and bashing them in public.
they robbed me of a part of my manhood,
No they didn't, they just proved you are not a man yet by not resolving the problem but whinning about it in public.

steve, maybe i can learn something here, ...........can you tell me what i should say next ????
"hey, shawn, how did my rearset get broken?"
"it was broken when you gave it to us....."

go here steve....................

TZDeSioux

I wonder if 4&6 is a sponsor of Team Chicago.

am125ike

QuoteI wonder if 4&6 is a sponsor of Team Chicago.

wait.......
is steve "team chicago" ???

and im gonna let all your 'childish' / 'not a man yet' / whinning stuff stay with you.........just say those to my face.....

and when you get holdin their balls :-* .......... tell me when i started name callin, steve....//URL

Steve Karson

Of course they are!!  That's the main reason we won MWSS Endurance in '99  and why we are in the hunt to win it again this year!

Which means I have good first hand knowledge of how Jim treats his customers and the kind of work they do. I have seen Jim go over and above what was needed to take care of a customer.

If you notice, I did not get into the specifics of what the problem is,  just the way it was handled by Ike.

Just for the record, I have not talked to Jim or anyone at 4&6 about this. Just didn't like seeing a friend get bashed without cause. Ike never talked to Jim, he just ASSUMED that Jim would not deal with him. AGAIN,  IKE NEVER TALKED TO JIM just bashed him in public.

Steve Karson

Quotewait.......
is steve "team chicago" ???

and im gonna let all your 'childish' / 'not a man yet' / whinning stuff stay with you.........just say those to my face.....

and when you get holdin their balls :-* .......... tell me when i started name callin, steve....//URL

1) No I'm am not Team Chicago, I just ride for them.
    And If I was trying to hide I wouldn't be using my
    real name, I would use some unidentifiable bbs
    name.

2) We'll be at Summit for the 6hr 8/3, you should be able to find me there.

3) I'm not quite sure what that last line meant but you called them names by calling them robbers.

4) I thought my opinion was welcome? or isn't it because I don't agree with they way you handled yourself?

Dawn

OK boys....  That's enough...!!!

There are always two sides to every story and Ike told his and Jim from 4&6 told his side also.  I must admit, it has been an eye opener in regards to everyone involved.

Now... It is time to end this.  No more calling any one names, no one threating another.  Everone has an opinion as to how this was handled, let's leave it at that.