News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Class.....

Started by RC51Racer, May 28, 2003, 04:20:17 AM

RC51Racer

...., the Formual Almost Forty.  Just be close to 40 and sign up.

Super Dave

Can I ride my 1973 H1 in it and be 35?
Super Dave

EX#996

QuoteCan I ride my 1973 H1 in it and be 35?

LOL!!!

That would be Formula 105 (age of the bike and the rider).  We used to have that at horse shows where you would add the age of the horse and the rider.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

RC51Racer

QuoteCan I ride my 1973 H1 in it and be 35?

I bet you can, just talk to Kevin Elloit.

sdiver68

I would love for Formula 40 to be the age of bike and rider.  I think I would do OK on a 96 GSXR750 :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

KBOlsen

I could bring the Tiller!  Yippee!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

MightyDuc Racing

<Beavis and Butthead>  Uhhhhhhh...huh, huh....old people are cool.  Yeah, Yeah.......heh, heh....old dudes RULE!!!  <Beavis and Butthead>

;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

RC51Racer

I as far as I can tell, the rule book has been thrown away, and with just a phone call to the proper individual, you can get anything changed.  To hell with the rule book, we'll just say we forgot to change it!!

That's the way myself, and a a few others see it.  It must be the corrct procedure, it's the one in use.

Normally, I don't vent, but times have changed.

Dawn

Go ahead and vent Mike, we all do at times.

Some will agree with you and other's won't, but you will need to give more details in regards to the situation if anyone is going to form an opinion one way or another.  

This is my understanding of the situation, please let me know if this is incorrect.

A local racer heard that there was going to be a rule change for F40 class for the year 2003.  It stated that anyone who would turn 40 in the first half of the year would be able to race that class and obtain points.  This racer contact Kevin Elliott, the director of competition, and asked if that was true.  Kevin said yes.  This racer then pre-entered for the entire 2003 racing season this past January based on the conversation with Mr. Elliott.

The 2003 rule book was issued and the rule change did not make it in the book.  An error on CCS's part.

All was fine until the May 17th race at Gateway when it was discovered that this local racer was 39 and would not be 40 until June.  CCS was about to disallow all points in that class earned this year and not allow him to participate in classes that he was pre-entered for.

An appeal was filed by this local racer, a board was formed, and the judgement was found in this local racer's favor.

This local racer in my opinion played by the rules.  It wasn't a problem with any of you guys until he told the truth.  Perhaps he should have just have kept his mouth shut.

I know everyone involved, and I think all acted with integrity.  The local racer abided by what his was told and went through the proper steps and procedures.  Kevin Elliott admitted his mistake when presented to the board.

My $0.02

Dawn  

MightyDuc Racing

Can't we all just get along?   ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Baltobuell

Gad Zooks, it's F40. It's supposed to be fun.

PS: at Summit I had a blast as a midpacker racing with a  buddy on a 600. We can get in each others way real good. ;D

KBOlsen

With absent friends in mind, thank you Dawn.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?