BMW HP2 Sport

Started by Bitgeist Racing 696, January 01, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

sdiver68

Quote from: Swiest on April 07, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
Am I going to see you at Jersey? :)
You don't like to have fun do you?  :kicknuts:

Sure I do just don't want it to look like an Internet pissing match. Right now NJMP is not on my schedule but Sept. VIR is.
MCRA Race School Instructor

LWT Racer

That's what the internet is for. :)

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

apriliaman

There should be another class just for air cooled bikes over 1000CC. Air cooled Biker Build Off Class.LW bikes at Daytona going 170mph is not LW,thats faster then stock 600's go.My Duc goes 155-160 and my SV goes 145 .I get passed like I'm not even there on the straights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX7UEp46m-M
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

LWT Racer

LWGP and Thunderbike should be the 2 classes that allow the big Ducs and the 565.

GT Lights and LWT F40 should be SBK rules. Limit to 1000 air cooled 700cc water cooled. No motor swapping.  No down sizing motor.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

MACOP1104

Quote from: apriliaman on April 07, 2014, 07:24:37 PM
There should be another class just for air cooled bikes over 1000CC. Air cooled Biker Build Off Class.LW bikes at Daytona going 170mph is not LW,thats faster then stock 600's go.My Duc goes 155-160 and my SV goes 145 .I get passed like I'm not even there on the straights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX7UEp46m-M

GREAT VIDEO.  I race a couple of CCS weekends but I'll never go to the ROC.  Waste of time and money.  In October, You'll find me at Barber at the WERA GNF.

Gino230

Mark, I don't think your bike is really making 105. Did you run it on the dyno? Getting 105 out of a DS means throttle bodies, exhaust (not just slip ons), and head work. I seem to remember you told me you were only sending the head to Ducshop every other season? And my SS bike was pulling you that year, with a stock motor (SS blueprint) with an ECU and custom exhaust, it was making 103.

It's hard to compare that to someone who has a fully built motor, running U4.4, that gets valve adjustments every other weekend. (Kat's bike in the video)

Regarding the class rules, Let's face it, the SV crowd will never be happy unless it's the SV cup. Endless bitching about the air cooled Ducs, they're too expensive, etc....well last time I checked, CCS writes the rulebook, if you want to win, you build a bike to the limits of the class rules. Period.

Now there is another, less expensive alternative to the Ducs (565) and still there is moaning and groaning. Even with all this, the SV's win the majority of LW races.

Should I go race AMA with a 10 year old 600 and bitch about the Graves R6 with Magnetti-Marelli electronics? Should the 150HP 600's be kicked up to Heavyweight? Time marches on, so does the HORSEPOWER
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

MACOP1104

Quote from: Gino230 on April 07, 2014, 09:58:47 PM
Mark, I don't think your bike is really making 105. Did you run it on the dyno? Getting 105 out of a DS means throttle bodies, exhaust (not just slip ons), and head work. I seem to remember you told me you were only sending the head to Ducshop every other season? And my SS bike was pulling you that year, with a stock motor (SS blueprint) with an ECU and custom exhaust, it was making 103.

It's hard to compare that to someone who has a fully built motor, running U4.4, that gets valve adjustments every other weekend. (Kat's bike in the video)

Regarding the class rules, Let's face it, the SV crowd will never be happy unless it's the SV cup. Endless bitching about the air cooled Ducs, they're too expensive, etc....well last time I checked, CCS writes the rulebook, if you want to win, you build a bike to the limits of the class rules. Period.

Now there is another, less expensive alternative to the Ducs (565) and still there is moaning and groaning. Even with all this, the SV's win the majority of LW races.

Should I go race AMA with a 10 year old 600 and bitch about the Graves R6 with Magnetti-Marelli electronics? Should the 150HP 600's be kicked up to Heavyweight? Time marches on, so does the HORSEPOWER

I don't want to see an SV cup.  I'm waiting for the FZ-07 to get here.  It will be my new LWSS bike.  :)     
I would love for a new crop of LW bikes to replace the lame Kawi 650 and the lame Gladius.  I'm hoping the FZ-07 kick starts things.   

apriliaman

Mine is done by European Cycle Service in NY.It gets checked every winter then I don't do anything to it for the whole year so maybe it lost a few.Last October I was 2 seconds a lap faster at Daytona then in 2012. The only thing stock in my engine is the rods.The rest of my bike is stock and can easy be put on the street.
3 National Championships

apriliaman

If you want the most fair rules then race the unlimited class simple as that.
3 National Championships

apriliaman

This is supposed to be about the BMW HP2.Any way Nate did a 1:14.7 at Roebling Road which is less then 4 seconds from the lap record on the R1200S.So there is no need to ride the HP2.
3 National Championships

Gino230

Quote from: apriliaman on April 07, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
This is supposed to be about the BMW HP2.

Yeah but that's not enough drama. With a month between races we need more action on the forum.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

sdiver68

Quote from: MACOP1104 on April 07, 2014, 09:41:02 PM
GREAT VIDEO.  I race a couple of CCS weekends but I'll never go to the ROC.  Waste of time and money.  In October, You'll find me at Barber at the WERA GNF.

In general, the same guys win or would have a chance at winning at Daytona as do WERA GNF.  Some National class high speed tracks do reward HP for sure, but they also reward getting into and out of corners, braking skills, and other facets of bike setup that point and shoot tracks do not.  At least that's my real world experience at Road America, Barber, Heartland Park, and Daytona in terms of current and former "National class" tracks.
MCRA Race School Instructor