News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BMW HP2 Sport

Started by Bitgeist Racing 696, January 01, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

LWT Racer

Simple fact is that the 1100s can run with the middleweights.  I watched it happen at CMP.  I watched an 1100 pass a 600 on the straight.  A bike that is legal for LWSBK.

I believe it was Starns on one of them who did a 1:35 in the team challenge.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

bruce71198

Quote from: Swiest on April 21, 2014, 01:51:23 PM
Simple fact is that the 1100s can run with the middleweights.  I watched it happen at CMP.  I watched an 1100 pass a 600 on the straight.  A bike that is legal for LWSBK.

I saw a SV pass a 600 at CMP as well

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on April 21, 2014, 12:36:29 PM
So you're saying there's a chance.

Yeah I was referring to the EX 500, Hawk, etc.

Quote from: Swiest on April 21, 2014, 01:51:23 PM

I believe it was Starns on one of them who did a 1:35 in the team challenge.

Yes and Mike Barnes used to come in top 3 in the unlimited class on his 600. So I take it the 600's should be bumped up to unlimited?
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

LWT Racer

Quote from: Gino230 on April 21, 2014, 11:15:29 PM
Yeah I was referring to the EX 500, Hawk, etc.

No, you didn't get it at all. :)
Yes and Mike Barnes used to come in top 3 in the unlimited class on his 600. So I take it the 600's should be bumped up to unlimited?

Yea lots of 600s do.  But they don't make passes when it comes to having power.  A "lightweight" bike shouldn't be able to pass a middleweight bike on the straight.  Again, no lightweight bike should be 120-130hp.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

roadracer162

Quote from: Swiest on April 22, 2014, 12:01:31 AM
  A "lightweight" bike shouldn't be able to pass a middleweight bike on the straight.  Again, no lightweight bike should be 120-130hp.

Thats only if you are looking at it merely from the indexing of power to weight, or some sort of performance index. Sure it is acceptable for a lightweight bike to produce 120-130 hp. many times it is depending on the dyno that was used. My 87hp Ducati 800 is nowhere close to the 80hp SV that I race against, it just isn't the same.

A lightweight bike producing 120hp is a testament to the builder, they get credit too in my eyes. if I could afford one of those high HP lightweight bikes I think I would build one too, the GSXR565 is mighty inviting.

Middleweight and it's cost? If I were to get into a stock off the showroom floor middleweight then I could do it fairly cheap, it won't be $5000. a current middleweight built to be competitive is going to be around $25K. put more motor to it for say AMA DSB spec and the cost goes up.

Lightweight and it's cost? Stock off the showroom floor for an SV...maybe $8K. how much more would you be willing to put into it for the race stuff...maybe another $2500? Suspension, rear sets, pipe and suitable tune, not to mention going into the motor for anything at all.

Yeah I obtained my basket case 1989 FZR400 for $400. I then spent another $300 to make it race worthy. It's not going to win any lightweight races.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

bruce71198

So..... how bout that BMW HP2?

LWT Racer

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Capitalview

Just curious, what people think about running two supersport races during a weekend and getting rid of one of the modified classes.

I look at it that this is club racing.  It is suppose to be, somewhat, budget racing.

Currently, in CCS, there is LWSS, LWSB, ULWSB, LWGP, LWF40 (for us old guys) and GTL.  I would just love to see more rider vs rider racing instead of pocket book vs pocket book racing.

As for the 565, is that a sleeved down 4 cylinder or a triple now?  If it is a triple, would it be legal to run in any of the LW classes?  There is no listing for triples.  I am guessing it is just a sleeved down 4.

I don't have a problem with the high dollar SS Ducatis, Bimotas, etc.  I see that as how the LW class is going to go when the prices come down on the 1100 Ducatis.  They are the future.  Like the SV was to the Hawk 650s and Yamaha 400s.

LWT Racer

Except the SV didn't cost that much and didn't make that much more power.  People were spending big bucks on their Hawks.  Many 80hp, which is a good number for SV too.  The SV was just cheaper to get 80hp out of and way more reliable.  Not $15k(on the low side) and 130hp.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

Doublea

The GSXR 565 that belongs to Bruce Barry is a destroked 600. All 4 cylinders are active.
CCS # 37

MACOP1104

Quote from: Capitalview on April 22, 2014, 06:17:15 PM
I don't have a problem with the high dollar SS Ducatis, Bimotas, etc.  I see that as how the LW class is going to go when the prices come down on the 1100 Ducatis.  They are the future.  Like the SV was to the Hawk 650s and Yamaha 400s.

Air cooled two valve bikes are the future?   I would think bikes like the FZ-07 are the future LW bikes