News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BMW HP2 Sport

Started by Bitgeist Racing 696, January 01, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

Gino230

Quote from: Swiest on March 27, 2014, 07:47:24 PM
But for the small price of $25,000 you can buy your way to the top. :)

http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/ducati-1198-air-cooled-conversion/

If 127hp isn't lightweight then I don't know what is.

About half the price of a Bimota or Pierbon......
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Gino230

Quote from: majicMARKer on March 27, 2014, 08:21:27 PM
CCS on a whole is billed as sportsman racing. Sportsman racing to me isn't about bone stock racing but putting differing packages together and taking it to the competition.

F40 and Thunderbike are sportsman classes. F40 are more from the GP basis and Thunderbike is from the older production motorcycle.

Exactly. These are sportsman classes that have allowed some older machines to compete. 250 GP bikes,  748 / 749, older 600cc machines, etc.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Doublea

I'll be honest, I'm sometimes quite annoyed when I grid up against Bimotas and Ducs on my SV, but I take it more as a challenge in the end. I didn't sign up for a spec class, and I realize that...the rules are the rules. The beauty of sportsman racing is the diversity. You can sit there and preach all day long about how he or she wouldn't come near you on the same bike, but guess what? They're not on the same bike, so you take what you're given and race. EOS.

If CCS realized SV's or ER6's didn't belong anywhere near Lightweights (or vice versa that Duc/Bim's didn't), they would change it. If you have the money to buy a fast bike, why woudn't you? We all want to win, right? Or at least, I do :)
CCS # 37

apriliaman

These days lightweight class bikes have as much HP as 600's,but cannot do the same laptimes.My LW class Ducati has more power then my Aprilia RSV1000 streetbike if you can believe it.Well as far as lap times go Most of the time the fastest LW bike is 4-5 seconds a lap slower then the fastest of the 600 riders.As an example Summit point LW 1:18-1:20 fastest,600 1:13-1:15 most of the time  NJMP LW 1:30-1:31,  600 1:25-1:27
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

sdiver68

More data points Blackhawk MW 1:11-12 LW 1:13-14, Gateway MW 1:08ish LW 1:10-11, Daytona MW 1:52-53 LW 1:56-57
MCRA Race School Instructor

MACOP1104

CCS LW is out of control.  The big money boys that write the checks drove the class in the direction it is in.   Show up with a $25-60K lw bike, gather your points up during the season, then show up at the ROC and pin it around the banking.   

sdiver68

Quote from: MACOP1104 on April 07, 2014, 09:15:12 AM
CCS LW is out of control.  The big money boys that write the checks drove the class in the direction it is in.   Show up with a $25-60K lw bike, gather your points up during the season, then show up at the ROC and pin it around the banking.   

Only because no one else did anything about it. We sell any lightweight racer a turnkey race bike more than capable of beating any of those high dollar bikes in GP classes for $12k.

LWT Racer

Only $12k? Phew for a second I thought you were gonna say a high price. -______-
I already know your come back, don't bother with it.  :)

QuoteOnly because no one did anything about it
So doing something about it is putting another 110-120+hp bike in the lightweight class? Congrats. You're apart of the problem, not the solution.

We're going to have basically 3 more middle weight classes.  And 3 lightweight classes.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

sdiver68

Quote from: Swiest on April 07, 2014, 10:45:04 AM
Only $12k? Phew for a second I thought you were gonna say a high price. -______-
I already know your come back, don't bother with it.  :)
So doing something about it is putting another 110-120+hp bike in the lightweight class? Congrats. You're apart of the problem, not the solution.

On how many forums are you going to object?  I'm sorry that you can't comprehend why our solution is a good and fair solution until rules are changed.  Instead of some kudos for taking the fight to the high dollar bikes, you want to moan about your SV.  How about some constructive engagement for a change?

Ironically, we've actually seen another organization changing their rules to fit our bike because they see the same deficiencies that we see in the current class structure.  In another organization, I've volunteered and committed to run a class up simply because it was packed with SVs although this year I know a guy running a Ducati/SV hybrid and last year there was a 108hp SV running.

LWT Racer

Don't get so butt hurt.   :ass:   I understand 100% what Ben is doing.  It's not hard to see at all.  It couldn't be any clearer.  That doesn't mean I have to grab your d1ck and give it a few good wanks.  :jerkoff:   Is there a reason why you get so upset when someone doesn't want these 565's out there?  You aren't the racing god's gift to this lightweight dilemma.   :biggrin:

We only have 1 fancy bike, Bimota 1100, here in Atlantic region and it gets beat by SS SV's.  ( just not by me :) )  I don't care about those expensive bikes, I think they're cool as hell.  I do however believe if a bike makes 110hp+, it shouldn't be in the lightweight category.  Even 100Hp is pushing it.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

sdiver68

Quote from: Swiest on April 07, 2014, 11:16:42 AM
Don't get so butt hurt.   :ass:   I understand 100% what Ben is doing.  It's not hard to see at all.  It couldn't be any clearer.  That doesn't mean I have to grab your d1ck and give it a few good wanks.  :jerkoff:   Is there a reason why you get so upset when someone doesn't want these 565's out there?  You aren't the racing god's gift to this lightweight dilemma.   :biggrin:

Comical...and whatever.  I'm happy to have a constructive conversation with anyone.  Good luck this season.

LWT Racer

Am I going to see you at Jersey? :)

You don't like to have fun do you?  :kicknuts:
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer