2nd gen SV motor in 1st gen chassis SS legal???

Started by Grasshopper, June 19, 2013, 10:09:28 AM

SV88

In my opinion, It clearly has to do with concentration of people.  When large amounts of people live in close proximity, they get more aggresive, less friendly.  Explains why country people tend to me nicer. 
There are plenty of nasty Canadian also and unfortunately, we do not execute them as some of the better state down here do.  Proportionally, the Canadian murder rate is less than a 10th of what it is in the US.  Having said that, Montreal is the car theft capital but also the best place in NA to get a lap dance!!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

SV88

Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

roadracer162

Sounds like a lot of assumptions based on conceivable statistics.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Jwhite316

Quote from: Grasshopper on July 01, 2013, 09:44:04 AM
I understand the reasoning behind why the motor is not legal. Its a mixing and matching of different generation parts. My common sense argument is that the 2nd gen motor is allowed to run in the same class if it's in its proper frame and running its proper induction. The motor is allowed in the class. But by taking that motor and putting it in a 1st gen chassis it makes it illegal. I even asked if I could put the stock first gen cams in it. The answer was still no. Oh well.
Quote from: Grasshopper on July 01, 2013, 09:44:04 AM
I understand the reasoning behind why the motor is not legal. Its a mixing and matching of different generation parts. My common sense argument is that the 2nd gen motor is allowed to run in the same class if it's in its proper frame and running its proper induction. The motor is allowed in the class. But by taking that motor and putting it in a 1st gen chassis it makes it illegal. I even asked if I could put the stock first gen cams in it. The answer was still no. Oh well.
"SuperSport motorcycles are production machines sold by
manufacturers and their dealers for street use in North America via
normal commercial channels. All machines must have unaltered VIN
numbers. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the machine"
It's not a matter of an advantage....the supersport class in of itself is mainly meant to be a class in which bike modifications are at a minimum.  Would putting a 2nd gen motor into a 1st gen frame give you much of an advantage?  No probably not, but that's not the point.  A stock Buell XB12 has a big HP advantage over a stock SV650, however they are both lightweight supersport legal.  Also without modifications the 2nd Gen SV motor is a stronger package than the 1st Gen motor.  I learned that at RA...
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

LWT Racer

Quote from: CSBRacing 3:17 on July 09, 2013, 11:38:47 AMAlso without modifications the 2nd Gen SV motor is a stronger package than the 1st Gen motor.  I learned that at RA...

That is not true.  It is stronger because of the F.i.  Put that 2g motor in a 1st gen with carbs... you will have the same basic thing as the 1st gen motor.

Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Jwhite316

Quote from: Swiest on July 10, 2013, 03:45:49 PM
That is not true.  It is stronger because of the F.i.  Put that 2g motor in a 1st gen with carbs... you will have the same basic thing as the 1st gen motor.

I don't doubt that, what I meant is 2nd gen w/FI is a stronger overall package than 1st Gen w/carbs

Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

apriliaman

2nd gen has better cams and revs to 11,000,on video i've seen it go past it 500 more. 1st gen goes to 10,500 and it stops there.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

apriliaman

I forgot to say I got video from another rider that had my camera and it was going to 11,500 when it cut off 2nd gen.My first gen 10,500 cuts out so it goes 1,000 rpm more.Mine is stock.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Grasshopper

You guys have not read the details about what I did. I took the first gen electronics, pickup, intake boots and carbs and put them on a 2nd gen motor. The only difference are the cams. With the setup I have the motor will not turn 11,500 because the brain box won't let it. It's carbed. If I took the 2nd gen cams out and put first gen cams in it would be the exact same as a first gen motor. No ifs ands or buts.
Nicholas

MAZZ77X

trace33chargers

Quote from: Grasshopper on July 17, 2013, 03:08:36 PM
The only difference are the cams.
There is more than just cams. I just think that is the only part that will make a noticeable difference. Cranks are different, better clutch, lighter rods, lighter starter sprag, additional vents in cases and I'm sure there is more. There are a lot of little differences in there that make the engines different.

MACOP1104

Quote from: apriliaman on July 13, 2013, 07:31:51 PM
I forgot to say I got video from another rider that had my camera and it was going to 11,500 when it cut off 2nd gen.My first gen 10,500 cuts out so it goes 1,000 rpm more.Mine is stock.
The 2nd gen tach is routinely off by 1100rpm.  The dyno shows both 1st and 2nd gen hit the rev limiter at about 10,400rpm.