News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2nd gen SV motor in 1st gen chassis SS legal???

Started by Grasshopper, June 19, 2013, 10:09:28 AM

apriliaman

Ok that's cool.I don't know much about the small details of the 2nd gen engine.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

vnvbandit

It's still not legal, and should not be. Might as well put a duc motor in there, because that motor is legal in the light weight class. imho
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

LWT Racer

Quote from: vnvbandit on July 20, 2013, 11:52:52 AM
It's still not legal, and should not be. Might as well put a duc motor in there, because that motor is legal in the light weight class. imho

....... wha..b...um... who......what?

It should be legal and i'm sure people do it with out even thinking about it because the motors are so close.  It is still a SV that will make same power.   If they are going to allow after market subframes, masters and bunch of other things in SS... putting in basically the same motor shouldn't matter. Hell all CCS cares about is the damn airbox.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

vnvbandit

Close isn't the same. You have plenty of classes to race now anyway. This would add to higher costs to compete. The light weight classes are getting expensive enough without having to change engines to be competitive.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

apriliaman

There are no rules about a fuel tank.So if you want you can put a carbon fiber tank if you want to.Which should not be allowed.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Cowboy 6

I don't get it... is someone afraid that a G1 will have the same power as a G2? 

With all the claims that a G2 is a better bike... what are you afraid of?   LOL!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

LWT Racer

Quote from: vnvbandit on July 22, 2013, 03:58:29 PM
Close isn't the same. You have plenty of classes to race now anyway. This would add to higher costs to compete. 

Obviously close isn't "the same".

How exactly would allowing a 2g motor in 1g chassis add to higher cost?  If anything it would lower cost because you have more options for motors and motor parts.  There is no advantage of one motor over the other... unless we add in the dual plug SV's which suck but that wont be swapped into 1g with out putting on 99-06 heads which are the same.  The only advantage is actually in the 1g motor, and that is in the crank and rods.  Crank in 1g is stronger then 2g, less likely to snap so if you can run 1g motor in 2g, that would lower cost since you have less chance of blowing motor.  Rods in 1g are also better then 2g, again like the crank, are stronger. They do not snap like 2g rods, just bend.  I understand why a swap isn't legal, but power output wise, CCS shouldn't care.  You can get 80hp out of either gen SS legal.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Farmboy

Jim Berard CCS MW#904

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

roadracer162

So let me get this right, exchanging cams in the first gen is against the rules but swapping motors is not? I have seen a few SV competitors run the second gen motor in their first gen frame. They typically report 80 rwhp where so many first gen SV riders claim they only get 72 rwhp.

Super sport for CCS is not stock. CCS allows more performance upgrades than WERA. I am not comparing WERA to CCS to say when is better than the other. I believe when most people hear super sport they automatically think stock. Instead the title super stock would be more appropriate for a stock class.

There are a lot of these rules that don't make a lot of sense to me, but I am not running the organization. One of those most recent is the modern day GSXR 600 running as a 565cc in LW GP and GT lights, but there is no provision for the same on a Ducati 748.

For me personally I run the older machinery and have been always on the shitty end of the rule book. I most frequently hear, "if you don't like the rule get rid of your bike and buy something competitive." I guess the same applies to the SV crowd here. If you want more power, if you want a bigger rear tire, if you want(insert whatever) then sell your SV and buy a Ducati. It is nothing different than what has happened to the bikes before the SV.

P.S. I still have my FZR 400 and its now Ultralight, oh yeah the SV is also.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.