News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2nd gen SV motor in 1st gen chassis SS legal???

Started by Grasshopper, June 19, 2013, 10:09:28 AM

LWT Racer

Quote from: grasslander on June 28, 2013, 07:57:43 AM
  Doesn't the Gen 2 have different cam profiles than a Gen 1?

Yes, slightly.  But for the real advantage you need to combine both gen's cams.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Grasshopper

I understand the reasoning behind why the motor is not legal. Its a mixing and matching of different generation parts. My common sense argument is that the 2nd gen motor is allowed to run in the same class if it's in its proper frame and running its proper induction. The motor is allowed in the class. But by taking that motor and putting it in a 1st gen chassis it makes it illegal. I even asked if I could put the stock first gen cams in it. The answer was still no. Oh well.
Nicholas

SV88

Interesting discussion.  A team that beat us in Team Challenge back in 2008 was running an illegal configuration (not sv).  The only way I found out was because this bike was sold to a CMRA member a several months later and I happened to be endurance racing down there on an 05 ex AMA R6.  Unfortunately, it was several months past the protest date and in all fairness they would have beaten us on similar equipment...it just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth particularly since it was another Canadian...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

backMARKr

Quote from: SV88 on July 01, 2013, 12:42:56 PM
...it just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth particularly since it was another Canadian...

:err: ...because Canadians don't commit unethical acts?
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

SV88

No, we're generally less violent, more fun loving, more courteous, less aggressive than the folks to the south (apart from Detroit).  Of course we beat them @ hockey all the time but that's on a rink..  Case in Point, the Air (Fkg) Born regiment got disbanded after some rogue soldiers in Somalia mistreated some of the local warloards.  Canadians were a little too sensitive in that particular case.  We generally murder each other (at 20% of the US rate) with axes and other bladed instruments instead of handguns.  Canada is generally a better place for most working people but if you're in the top 5-10% of earners in the US...
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

LWT Racer

So what you're saying is blame canada for not allowing 2g motor in 1g chassis SS. :)
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

backMARKr

Quote from: Swiest on July 02, 2013, 09:02:03 AM
So what you're saying is blame canada for not allowing 2g motor in 1g chassis SS. :)

What I got was that Canadians are really nice and courteous when bending someone over a chair as opposed to yelling obscenities when committing immoral or unethical acts. :thumb:

Steve, no offense seriously. I am glad you have a good feeling about your home country but the idea that because Canadians are more polite somehow makes them immune to underhanded dealings is a bit of a stretch. :biggrin:
WERA #13

Grasshopper

What is the difference between a Canuck and a canoe?
Nicholas

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

backMARKr

WERA #13

Grasshopper

Regardless if that bike is SS legal or not the damn thing pulls wicked hard the way its setup. BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!! I took it for a couple 3rd and 4th gear roll on runs last night.
Nicholas

vnvbandit

Put a replacement K&N air filter on SS. Get DQ'd. Can't see this engine swap ever getting approved. Just say'n.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick